on 16 January 2012
These games have been around for a while yet never played them as I am not a gamer person. I have heard that this is the most successful video game franchise ever made and now I agree, since I played these once at a friend's house and now I can use them on my Mac which is great. Absolutely phenomenal, there is so much fun activity, car chases, action and character in these games, so much to do that you will never get bored. You will laugh and reward and cheer yourself up for being the true action hero of the missions you complete. This is the only game I own and probably the only one I will own and ever keep playing, such a great way to blow off steam. For those worried about Mac compatibility, these games work perfectly on Mac Lion which I use, gameplay is absolutely flawless, no compatibility issues will work straight away on this system.
on 16 June 2012
The MacBook Air and the Mac mini line (as well as the newest MacBook Pro) do not include a built-in optical drive. The SecuROM copy protection will attempt to detect the game DVD on launch, and unless you are using a directly-attached optical drive (ie. not using Remote Disc) the detection will fail. In my case this renders the games unplayable on my 2011 Mac mini. The hardware requirements for this compilation do not mention a directly-attached optical drive.
44 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 October 2015
Unless you REALLY enjoy endless frustration or are REALLY REALLY GOOD at this type of game DO NOT BUY THIS. It is extremely difficult, so much so that that I have uninstalled it and thrown it in the trash. There should (and I believe easily, could) be some means of making these games accessible and do-able for people like me, who do not want a challenge ( my day job does that!!) but who just want entertainment with a game that requires a bit of basic strategy but is fairly easily doable. Whilst still offering those more skilled or wanting a tougher experience the option to do so. I think games that become impossible ( for someone of my ability) after the first 5 missions is a total rip off. I will be certain never to purchase any game by Take 2 interactive again.My advice is for others to do the same. The only way that these arrogant game designers will learn is by hitting their profits.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2015
The game installed well and so far works well. I love Grand Theft Auto and used to play it on the PS2, so I find the controls on my MacBook very difficult.. managed to crash a car and have it explode on the very first mission and we all know how easy the first missions tend to be. Other than that, it was good to find GTA that is compatible with Mac software.
on 6 February 2013
As a Mac user I am very delighted thatRockstar Games decided to re-release the all time classics of the grand theft series all in one fantastic collector Box! A fantastic item 2 add 2 your collection if you are a mac user and a BIG fan of the series...
on 26 July 2012
I am not much of a gamer myself but i found this game very fun to play on when i'm bored!!! You can do pretty much anything you want and it is so fun!!

A must buy!
on 27 December 2013
Works out cheaper than the digital format on the Apple App Store. Three fantastic classic games to keep me occupied for a very long time. Thanks very much!!! :)
on 31 December 2012
Quite enjoyable. Games for MACs are in short supply so I s'pose 'beggars can't be choosers'! This is quite repetitive and predictable.