on 25 March 2013
I ordered the three knife set (with Japanese whetstone) and the seller upgraded this for free to the four knife set!

Sharp right out of the box, but can be easily sharpened to a razor edge with a little effort.
Poplar wood handles are untreated - I gave them a light coating in walnut oil.

Each knife has its own place in the kitchen:
Santoku for vegetables, fish and meat (general purpose).
Deba Bocho for fish
Nakiri Bocho for herbs and vegetables.
Yanagi ba for Sashimi (the classic Japanese sushi knife)

Very pleased with the purchase, highly recommended.
on 3 June 2014
The set consists of 4 versatile Japanese knives which cover all of the needs i have encountered so far.

They will definitely need a good sharpening when you get them and then to keep them in good working order you will need to regularly maintain and sharpen them.

Once sharpened they are fantastic in use.

However i'm not completely impressed with the handles, these knife handles are slightly rough and untreated. They will almost certainly pick up stains very quickly unless you seal them. Something which i will be doing as soon as i can. (I already have a Deba knife imported from Japan which has a much better finish and is sealed).

In summary i am rather happy with these knifes and if you take good care of them you should be as pleased with them as i am
on 5 April 2014
I bought this set before Christmas, so almost half a year passed. To be honest these knifes looks nice and they are sharp indeed. But they are made from quite cheap stainless steel. They very soft.
When you chopping vegetables or meet - these knifes do what they are designed for. But because blades are soft, they became blunt very quick. One wrong move into a sink, and you see dents on edge. That's annoying. You have to be very careful, when you washing them, when you moving them to draw. Have to re-sharp them each time before you doing some work. (I hate blunt knifes).

So, they are nice, but price for cheap metal way to high IMHO.
on 10 December 2011
AS a professional Chef with over 30 years of catering experience including on-line tutorials under my belt I have no Problem in recommending these wonderful knives. Having already used a friends set I had to go onto his laptop and order a set of eight knives just for myself then I went back one and bought another set for my parents. have fun and please remember blunt knives are far more dangerous and sharp ones.... hope to see you on line very soon
on 14 March 2013
really lovely knives, easy to use and so sharp, i would recommend them, give them a try, you wion't be dissapointed
on 28 August 2013
The knives are sharp and get the job done. I love it completely. The price is really good also. Wow.
on 3 December 2013
The knives arrived and are really nice. A little flimsy for my liking. The blade marks easily so don't accidentally let idiots sharpen them. Sharpen them when you are finished with them and clean them regularly.
on 3 September 2015
Japanese knives, great present, great quality, very sharp so I am not allowed to use them, but my partner is the cook!!
on 21 October 2015
I am a professional chef.These knives are one of my best deal
on 19 October 2015