4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality router with a few minor flaws, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Netgear N300 Wnr2200 Wireless-N Router + 4-Port Switch (Personal Computers)
I have always liked Netgear products, and the WNR2200 is no exception. The build quality is very good, the product looks neat and tidy, and it works perfectly well. The web management pages in particular are very slick, and the documentation is well laid out. However, there are a few minor criticisms, particularly compared to my old DG834 ADSL router:

1) Boot time - the WNR2200 takes ages to boot, around 1.5 minutes, and far slower than my Linux PC (and even my Windows PC). Given that my old DG834 had fully booted in less than 10 seconds, and the WNR2200 doesn't seem that much more complicated conceptually, I have to wonder what it is doing during that time. This is probably the single biggest gripe with this unit.
2) LED indicators - the old DG834 blinked the ADSL and port link LEDs when there was activity on the lines, which gave me some idea of the network traffic patterns, and whether something was downloading something it shouldn't be. With the WNR2200, the LEDs are just solidly lit, which isn't that useful.
3) Vertical mounting - the case design means that if you mount the unit on the stand, you can't see the LEDs when viewing from the right hand side.

The only other comment to make is related to the particular seller (AVIDES) on Amazon - they supplied a unit with a European power supply, rather than a UK power supply. They did throw in a UK to European adapter, but this means that the power supply ends up being very cumbersome and ugly, sticking out of the mains socket by 11cm, as opposed to less than 6cm for a proper UK supply. I worked around this by purchasing a proper Netgear UK power supply from ebay, but of course this added £10 to the cost, and I should not have had to do this. The seller should stock the WNR2200 router with a power supply configured for the UK market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great router, 27 May 2012
I've just upgraded my broadband and my old router couldn't handle speeds over 10Mbps. To get the benefits I had to upgrade. I chose this one because, like the previous reviewer, it was on offer at PC World/Currys for only 29.99. It was quick to install, has both wireless and wired connection and has the feature of connecting a USB storage device so that you can use it for file sharing (not tried this yet).

The router is giving me speeds on 38Mbps down and 1.8Mbps up on a 40/2Mbps line - which is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for Fibre Optic, 25 Sept. 2013
A. Webb (Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I recently switched to Fibre Optic broadband, and while my old modem (an excellent and reliable Linksys) did work with the new account, it was also hardware never meant to cope with FO speeds. Formerly, I was lucky to get 3Mbps on a good day, and now it's around 38Mbps. The Linksys was not only getting hot, but also knocked 10Mbps off my maximum line speed.

So, I searched around, and found a deal for the doing on this Netgear model. Some sellers wanted around £60, but I found this on Amazon for half that. I'd used Neatgear modems before and found them pretty good. Note, this is only a router and you will also need a modem to plug a line from into it. This model was easy enough to set-up, if a little slow to respond when data is changed. However, once it was configured I can report it runs cool and at top speed. Also works well with Devolo Home Plug network, and WAP box. So far, so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars price, 28 Dec. 2011
bought this router from pc world/currys for £29-99!its great but a bit pricey from amazon.dont know if the offer price from pc world has a time limit,get on it asap.Netgear Wireless-N 300 Router with DSL Modem

Netgear N300 Wnr2200 Wireless-N Router + 4-Port Switch