on 12 November 2011
I was a bit wary about buying this cable because a lot of the times as you all know the picture that the seller displays is never the same as the item we receive like the mobile phone car charge with the straight cable you thought you were going to receive only to find the annoying curly cable one turns up.

This cable is actually a genuine TomTom cable and costs the same as if you buy direct from TomTom only without the postage and package cost.
on 13 March 2013
Saves me having to drag it out of the car to update the software on my TomTom 1005
It allowed me to hide and make the original cable a semi permanent fitting
Cheaper than the high street too
on 28 September 2013
Whilst I find the go 1005 better than my previous tomtom the new magnetic mount type fixing is a retrograde modification and transferring the cable between the car and home to update software is tedious. This cable is the perfect solution as I now have a cable permanently in the house. I believe it to be OE at a fraction of the normal price being sturdy and well constructed. Excellent value that was delivered by return post.
on 4 November 2013
Does what it says - fits my new Go Live 1005, charges and syncs so now leave it in my car while I use the original one in the house with my PC when updating - great!
on 21 August 2013
Same type and length as normal one that comes with a TomTom . I got it so I don't have to move cable from vehicle to vehicle when using another car/van .
on 23 November 2013
Bought as a spare to connect to my computer whilst original stays in the car.
Does what it says on the label.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 September 2012
You have to give Tomtom their due - they do make good SAT NAVs. They seem to have a good design philosophy and this even extends to this cable with its clever and useful magnetic link. Well done Tomtom!
on 9 November 2013
Spare Tomtom Cable so that I can update my Tomtom 1005 car sat-nav. as the original is cabled into the car.
on 18 June 2013
I remember the one I got with my TomTom Go Live 1000, it lasted 6 months before it got into major tangles and twists - to the point the wire just looks hideous. This cable seems much better. May be they have had a few complaints and improved it. It does the job and I am happy with it.
on 1 April 2015
I'm surprised to be invited to review this as I returned it! It didn't connect positively to my TomTom Go6000, I had to hold it in place. More importantly, it didn't make a data connection. It only charged the TomTom, which was not the point. It seems that the data connection can only be made by the other, smaller, connector socket. I bought a suitable alternative cable (USB Micro Data Cable) for £1.99!