Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 12 July 2011
I really enjoyed The Vampire Diaries so started this book with high expectations, but became very disappointed. I kept expecting for the plot to twist and turn into something more interesting, but it never did, it was really predictable. It may be that this is the foundation to the rest of the series, but I`m not sure I care about reading the rest.
on 14 January 2012
I absolutely love this book! It took me a total of like 3 hours to read it because I couldn't put my kindle down for long. The charaters have alot of depth (as expected from from L.J Smith) and each perspective gives you empathy for all of them. You get to know how each character feels at certain points in the story. I started reading the second one and I am just over a quater of the way through it in like 45 minutes. Believe me it's a miracle I've put my kindle down long enough to write this. If you are a fan of the good old "Vampire x Human Forbidden Love" story then this is the book for you. It also brings alot of sense into the way the vampires "work" They are very realistic. As I said before (as I normally do repeat myself alot...) I absolutely love this book. But there is one mundane detail that I need to bring up. The climax is sad and I empathised for James and Poppy and Phillip, but it just didn't last long enough and the solution was done vey quickly, But I still love this book and I will say my two favourite characters are James and Phillip, Poppy kind of half-way. I think L.J Smith is a fabulous writer and will continue to read her work, an Absolute Recommend!
on 14 May 2011
I was expecting more from this book given the write ups. Perhaps my expectations were raised too high. It's an enjoyable and believable read. The story is interesting but not riveting. I didn't have a problem putting down the book nor in picking it up again. It entertained me without exciting.
on 25 June 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It is split into 3 stories whose characters are intermingled. Night World is the secret world of witches, vampires, wear wolves and other supernatural beings. They are not allowed to speak with any humans about Night World or their races, by penalty of death.
Each story brings together humans and witches/vampires, who break the most forbidden rule. In each story a member of the Night World, finds their ‘soul mate’ which is an extremely rare thing to happen, and in each case the soul mate is human!
Each story kept me gripped and wanting more. There was action, adventure and of course love……

Love vampires, witches and the paranormal then this book is for you. A very worthwhile read.
on 29 April 2013
Love this book, have read it once before and this time it was just as good. Great, engaging story line and always on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to read all the others in the series. Would recommend it to anyone but especially young teenager's (me).
Love it. One of my most favourite books. Please please read, it is amazing. I know anyone will enjoy it. Only wish is that it could last longer!!!
on 19 January 2013
I first read this book when the series was first published in the late '90's. I loved this book back then.

14 years (rough guess) later and it is still an enjoyable read. The thing I have always liked about the Night World series is they are stand alone books, but linked in the same universe, often with cameo's between books.
on 21 May 2013
I enjoyed this book. At first I found it a bit depressing but it was obvious what was going to happen so I kept reading. It was easy to read. My only complaint is that it was incredibly short. I think they must really be dragging the series out. I really felt like I'd read half a book.
on 12 February 2015
I've read all 9 books and they are fantastic but Lj smith is never going to finish Book 10 Strange Fate. I think its been about 10 years now! And the series desperately needs a conclusion. Don't think I would have started them if I'd known!
on 17 January 2013
Its very good, but simple, there's not much drama or twists, I think there's a sequel so more things will happen and that will be better, but you should read this :)
on 13 February 2015
This book was amazing I couldn't stop reading it. I definitely recommend this book to people who like a bit of commotion in the story. Read this book and be amazed.