Format: DVD|Change
Price:£13.06+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 February 2014
This is the middle film between the The Women of 1936 and The Women of 2008. Same story except that men do appear in this film and the shock is that the man they are all fighting over is Leslie Nielsen - of all people! Joan Collins is the Joan Crawford role and is magnificently vulgar in every scene. June Allyson is miscast and looks terribly haggard throughout the film. For some strange reason her voice is dubbed. The musical numbers are endless and really awful especially the one about the yellow banana. I got it for a work project….merely a curiosity.
on 26 August 2013
I happily watch this dvd over and over again. It is one of my favourite movies from the 50's. though I had never realized Leslie Nielsen was once a fox!
on 29 July 2011
An ill advised remake of "The Women" which was always going to be a hard act to follow.Joan Collins plays the old Crawford role and guess what? half the movie she's in underwear (somethings never change do they Joan?).June Allyson gets to sing a few songs(one of which ,a sorta vampy number,should have been done by Ann Miller whose talents are wasted here)Ann Sheridan,Joan Blondell,Agnes Moorehead et al are really let down here although they try their best.This whole movie appears to have been turned into a bland fifties almost "I Love Lucy" and all the ascerbic wit seems to get lost in favour of a more almost slapstick form.
Also theres actually men in this version (including Leslie Nielson) which actually get in the way here.
The only bright spark is the hilarious Dolores Gray who plays the old Rosalind Russell part but I'm afraid she's never on long enough for me.
Also like the other reviewer I too am confused as it states Dolores gets to sing a few "energetic numbers".Not on my disc she dont which leaves you wondering if the versions now available are actually minus several scenes/numbers.
I suppose if you've not seen "The Women" then you'll enjoy this ,but if you have then you wont .Its as simple as that.
on 29 March 2016
Watchable just to see a bevy of good oldtimers in their prime
on 4 March 2015
Maybe an old one but definitely a goodie. Wonderful cast of female stars - Leslie Nielsen was quite overshadowed!
on 18 April 2011
I have been waiting for years to get hold of this DVD and I can say it was worth the wait. I'm a little confused though because I'm sure there was a song sang by the three ladies on the train while they traveled Rio as well as by the lady who owned the ranch that everyone went to for their divorce? But it doesn't matter as this is a great film.
on 26 June 2007
The picture in your advert is of a 1995 film completely different to the 1956 film in your written description. Get your act together.
on 9 July 2015