4.0 out of 5 stars Better but still clumsy, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
After dismissing this series initially I bought the second book and have become hooked on them. But for the silly avoidable mistakes in the writing such as 10 centimeter deep carpet...that's 4 inches....doesn't that qualify as un-cut grass? Also the passages of character description that have clearly been cut and pasted from previous books. Frustrating, but eventually amusing if you don't let it spoil the read. It leads you to skip entire passages that you have already read. The stories in the 3rd & 4th books are definitely better than the first two. I'll be reading the full series I think.
Good yarn's, but 'Clumsy' I think is the word for the writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, 14 Oct 2013
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Trader Vyx adds another absorbing aspect to an already fantastic series. I really couldnt put it down as with all the previous titles in the 'A Galaxy Unknown' series.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read for sci fi and fantasy readers, 4 Oct 2013
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of this series of books so far and have loved every one. I will be on the look out for the next in the series,and look forward to any other books he will bring out.A great story teller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good entertaining read, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Lots going on, plenty of action in the book with a good story line,
with not to much tec jargon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant chapter, 12 Jan 2012
James (Denham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book. We'll written gripping and exciting
Shame no paperback. Also I wanted to buy one for a none reader!
Would make a great film series to challenge star trek

5.0 out of 5 stars Book 4 in a superb series, 12 Nov 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This book, together with the other six books so far published in this series, is a real "page-turner". A Space Opera which openly acknowledges the Hornblower books as an inspiration, although the heroine is more likeable and infallible (perhaps closer to Alexander Kent's Richard Bolitho or Dudley Pope's Ramage).

Set in the 23rd Century, with well thought out explanations for faster-than-light travel and other scientific advances, and gripping descriptions of set piece battles in space, all seven books are thoroughly entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Saga continues, 14 July 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This is a bit more of a complex story than the first books in that there is a sub plot. However, all is well linked in and to the point and the story rattles along. If you liked the first few, this is more of the same, but different enought to keep your interest. well worth a look

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I read all 7 books within 2 weeks; I simply could not stop reading as I had to find out what happens next. I am a somewhat jaded military SF reader and I must admit that some of the solutions were ingenious. I felt that some events went too "smoothly", but I chose to ignore them and thoroughly enjoyed the read.

I am not going to tell you the content, but when reading the first books it reminded me of the Honor Harington series by David Weber.

5.0 out of 5 stars More excellent adventure, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I am presently on the fifth book of this series. This book, Trader Vyx, (no. 4), marked a point where the author started to introduce new characters so that the focus was not continually on the main character Jenneta Carver and her expanding family. The series is maturing and the story lines are still gripping and difficult to put down. I have rarely been so caught up in a series of books, but the author seems to have got the recipe just right. There are a few annoying repetitious themes that other reviewers have commented on, and I agree with (constant referral to people's height, and steaming cups of Colombian coffee- the author must be a coffee junky), but I would still recommend this series of books to anyone who loves science fiction and a good yarn. I am hoping by the time I get to no. 6, that a seventh book will be available. I take the point of other reviewers. It would be best to buy the books in order, as picking up the later books without knowledge of previous stories, would be difficult for the reader to grasp some themes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 6 Mar 2011
This review is from: Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Since I discovered Thomas DePrima just a week or two ago, I have found his novels really absorbing and well written. Indeed I have just downloaded his fifth book in the Galaxy Unknown series having swallowed up the other four - reading my kindle on trains, planes and very late into the night. I really hope that he writes more than six, as I can't get enough of Jenetta Carver and her sisters. Thank you Thomas for making journeys and sleepless nights almost something to look forward to. I just love your books.

Trader Vyx (A Galaxy Unknown Book 4)
3.49