5.0 out of 5 stars A very good tool for birdwatching photography
Published on 6 Mar. 2011 by Mr. J. Mc Gowan

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What it Said it Was
This item was advertised as a fit for a Nikon D300 - IT IS NOT! If you have a Nikon D300 - do not buy this product.
Published on 7 Feb. 2011 by Cdr Bob

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good tool for birdwatching photography, 6 Mar. 2011
Mr. J. Mc Gowan (Wicklow, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pixel RW-221/DC0 Wireless Shutter Remote with 10 Pin Terminal for Nikon DSLRs (Camera)
I have recently purchased this item and find it an excellent accessory for my Nikon D700. I use it in my garden to photograph the birds who regularly visit and live in my garden. With the camera prefocused on the feeding area I can sit in my sunhouse away from the view of the various birds and when one lands in the appropriate place I can operate the camera remotely. It is so reliable and easy to use. I highly recommend this unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job without fault, 9 Feb. 2014
When you buy a 3rd party product for a fraction of the original cost, you know you are taking a risk. You know that build quality will be inferior and the user interface will be strange and unwelcoming. After all: you get what you pay for. And sure, this remote shutter lacks the polish I'd expect from a Nikon product and the english is a bit funny in the manual.

That's okay though, because the transmitter is really easy to use and the instructions rely on diagrams instead of words. Build quality isn't exactly rugged but it is certainly sturdy enough to survive in all but possibly the most harsh environments (think Antarctica or Sahara). That's also okay.

I haven't tested all the features I'm afraid, so I don't know whether the range truly is a hundred meters and I don't know how well it controls multiple cameras. Considering it is a standard 2.4ghz radio transmitter/receiver you can probably guess that the range will depend on where you shoot. I won't say anything about using several cameras. The options include single and continuous shooting, as well as bulb mode and delayed shooting. All of these work just fine, as long as you remember to set the camera for bulb mode as well when you want it. I tried bulb mode on the remote only which prompts continuous shooting until you press the remote release again. It's also fine shooting MUP but in that case you need to set the remote for single or continuous shooting. Lastly, delayed mode works fine as well but I think I prefer using the timer on the camera as you can't set the time on the remote.

All in all, a good solid product without fault, albeit without the polish of the much more expensive alternatives. Considering the price I can't give this less than five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works straight out of the box, 11 Feb. 2013
Works great with my D700 and sensor can point in any direction if mounted on the hot shoe, and except for pointing straight ahead you can still use the pop up flash

4.0 out of 5 stars Working fine, 7 Mar. 2011
The item was delivered within expected timeframe and a quick test showed that the different modes to operate in worked as expected. Everything needed was included in the package i.e. batteries and cable to camera. So I'm satisfied with this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not What it Said it Was, 7 Feb. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what he wanted., 4 Jan. 2014
The first one was missing the cable but this was replaced with a new complete product less than 24 hours after I'd reported it- excellent.
This works fine with his Nikon D800 after a bit of research on comments from previous reviewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good kit, 18 Feb. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent delivery time, 15 Oct. 2014
Excellent delivery time. Works perfectly with my Nikon D800. Some reviewers complain that one drawback is the fact that the units have no on/off switch, meaning that the batteries will run down when the units are not in use. I have had the same set of batteries in for approx. 8 weeks without any loss in performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars but works like a charm, 7 April 2015
Not the Pixel RW-221 as described, but works like a charm, very pleased with it so far. If it lasts then it's definitely a bargain. I have tried this at around 30 metres or so with no problems at all. Any further away I would see what was happening anyway.
All in all a good product for the price IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wireless remote control, 24 July 2014
I have now used this remote for 2 weeks while on holiday. I have to say that it is an excellent product without any issues whatever. It worked exactly as described and needless to say I am very pleased with it, especially when compared pricewise with other products.
Definitely recommend it.