5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
Great selection of sea creatures, no duplicates. I bought them as bath toys but they would do well for party bags or pass the parcel layers. I was surprised at the level of detail for the price . I expected them to be a lot cheaper looking for 33pence each.
Published 13 months ago by grace

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
Published on 20 Jun 2012 by Jojop

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Set of 24 Mini Toy Sealife Creatures inc octopus, seahorse, lobster, turtle, stingray, starfish, and many more. (Toy)
I have rated the toy quite well, because each little creature is as described. However, the selection I received is very poor. I have 4 fish the same, 3 octopuses, 3 pipe fish thingies and 2 snails the same. I also did not get the quoted shark, turtle or starfish. Whoever makes the selection needs to be more considerate of the purchaser. Very annoying because the picture suggests 24 different creatures. So although the toy is fine, I am not pleased with the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 21 May 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 23 Feb 2012
My little boy is fascinated by sea creatures and we bought him this set. It is great value - the creatures are detailed with nice colours. He plays with them in the bath all the time. NB they are small so don't get them for very little ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toy but one was missing, 24 Dec 2013
We used these toys to fill my sons wooden advent calendar, and they fitted perfectly in the drawers. I was surprised at how much of a hit they were, a friend had bought him a chocolate advent calendar too but he bypassed that every morning running to see which sea creature he had, even at night putting him to bed he would already be talking about what would be in his advent calendar tomorrow. He's learnt all their names, as no information was included about what creatures they were we had to look some of them up in a book (obviously we knew stuff like turtle! But as to what type of fish it is...! We decided eventually we had a wrasse, an orange roughy and a cod!)

He has been carrying them round constantly in a tub ("aquarium") because he loves them so much, every time we see his grandparents the whole menagerie has to come too as he is so excited to show them, and they have been invaluable in getting him to positively run up the stairs at bedtime "to give squid/ crab/ seal his first bath".

I also love that they don't take up much space.

However, we only received 23, and I can see how that may have happened as, contrary to what I expected they didn't arrived packaged in a box or tube, but in lots of individual little plastic wrappers, all placed in an envelope. It didn't seem worth the hassle of contacting the seller but in retrospect I wish I had as I wasn't expecting my son to love them so much, I thought I would just put a chocolate in the final drawer of the calendar, but he was so clearly excited by finding out what sea creature he had behind the final door that I ended up rushing out to buy a schleich polar bear, which was 3, making the overall cost of my advent calendar more than it needed to be if the proper amount of creatures had just been there in the first place. Annoyingly it was the ray we were missing, and last night before bed my son was saying he hoped it would be a ray behind the final door! Which it should have been!

Having read the other reviews though it seems we were lucky to get such a good selection- we had no duplicates at all, one of every creature, except the ray.

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading picture - beware!, 26 Nov 2013
As other reviewers have experienced, this product is not what is displayed in the picture. I thought that it would be 24 different pieces. In fact I received 3's and 4's of the same thing. I have a superfluity of lobsters and crabs. There was no jellyfish, octopus, fish of any kind, turtle, penguin or squid in my pack. Overall, disappointing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 12 Sep 2013
These were of a slightly poorer quality than i expected and had a very strong plastic smell when they arrived but my daughter enjoys playing with them and the variety in the pack was good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 2 Sep 2013
Very small items, bought for gifts at a party and did the job. Ideal for bath toys as no holes for water in them

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT SET FOR LITTLE FINGERS, 28 Jun 2013
Joyjotting (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I paid 8 for this set inc Amazon Prime one day delivery.
All 24 creatures are well made and finished - NO DUPLICATES - and a great selection, each one individually packaged.
My three year old grandson adores them. After a couple of weeks he could name all the creatures.
He plays with them all the time both in water and just sitting on the floor playing with them and chattering to himself.
We store them in a 'seaside' bucket and he loves to take them out and about.
I got him a couple of books to compliment them and encourage his fascination. (Usborne Beginners - great books at a great price.)
He also loves to play with them whilst watching Octonoauts and loves it if one of his plastic creatures appears in the programme - and they often do!
A really good purchase which encourages fascination in this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorfull and interesting toy, 26 April 2013
Fantastic little set for a chils to play in the bath. Or fish with the fishing net as my son does. The animals are quite realistic miniatures, so the toy is actually educational as well as fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars sea creatures, 12 April 2014
The items are very detailed and interesting to a 4 year old, they can even go in the bath. Excellant communication with seller throughout.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›