5.0 out of 5 stars Tracy rocks!
Wow! Tracy does it again, this time with a dance cardio workout which is easier to follow than the original, but just as much fun. In the States', this dvd is called The Beginner workout and is obviously intended to prepare newcomers to her more challenging dance cardio (this dvd should have been released beforehand?).
Tracy offers us 4 dance combinations, the first...
Published on 3 Jan 2011 by debwonda

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but content is not as good as the original workout
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Kaya

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but content is not as good as the original workout, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Tracy Anderson Method: Total Cardio Workout [DVD] (DVD)
I agree with others that this DVD should be a prequel for the dance cardio workout from 2008 (Madonna & Gwyneth's Personal Trainer - The Tracy Anderson Method Dance Cardio Workout ) for the following reasons : 1) The choreography is easier for a beginner to follow, 2) Only 4 workouts as opposed to 8, 3) No instructions during warm-up, 4) The set looks cheap compared to the original. Since I have been using the original dance DVD, I was a little disappointed. I was hoping that Tracy would release a follow-on DVD that is just as intense as the original workout with equally challenging choreography, but improve on the format based on previous criticisms/feedback (e.g. improve on teaching method - to announce changes in moves during warm-up session, inconsistency between breakdown and up-to-speed routines, add cool down segment etc.). The routines are still enjoyable, but below my expectations.
In addition, I cannot help but feel that the other instructors featured in this DVD may be better suited to teach and present on exercise DVDs compared to Tracy, particularly the second instructor, who has more charisma (connect better with the audience and more motivational). Sometimes, Tracy seems to be lost in her own world and dancing for herself (particularly in the original DVD) and forgets that she has made the DVD for others.
Thus my recommendation is that if you have not tried Tracy's dance workout before and you enjoy dance exercise routines, then start with this DVD. If you enjoy it, then slowly build up to the Tracy Anderson Dance Workout DVD (2008). If you already own the 2008 DVD and have mastered the routines in the DVD, then do not set your expectations to high if you intend to buy this DVD.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointing, 1 Jan 2011
I hate to be negative but I was really disappointed with this dvd and I don't think it is worth the money. I bought it with the intention of using it to keep my cardio up during the winter months. The dvd is poorly made and there is very little instruction given. Also I'm not sure how big Tracy thinks most peoples living rooms or bedrooms are as the dances require quite a bit of room. They are also very repetitive so I think it will get boring pretty quickly.

I have her mat dvd which I really enjoy but this one I'm afraid to say looks like it was flung together and not much care went in to it, even she looks bored!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tracy Anderson - Total Cardio Workout., 10 Feb 2011
If you enjoyed Tracy's Dance Cardio workout you will probably be disappointed
with this. After mastering and enjoying the 8 cardio dance combinations, I was really looking forward to added quality dance cardio. As previously stated this seems poorly put together. If it was released as a prequel I think this should have been put on the box. I love the Tracy Anderson Method so if you are a beginner this would be good for you. If you have tried the other DVDs save your money. I feel that if I danced around to some music for half an hour I would probably achieve the same results.
Please Tracy we need so more challenging and inspiring choreography!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tracy rocks!, 3 Jan 2011
Tracy offers us 4 dance combinations, the first choreographed by her and the other 3 by 3 of her master trainers. The 2nd combo is definitely my favourite of the 4, however the other 3 are pretty superb also. My only criticism is that occassionaly they lose the beat of the music, which I feel is not the dancers' faults but may be down to some editing errors - apart from that, I can't fault this workout. The music is very motivational, the moves are doable, the sweat flows and the time flies by very quickly. All in all, if you are not an absolute beginner to exercise, like hi impact cardio, want to sweat and improve your fitness, buy this dvd - you won't regret it.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT IDEAL, 12 Jan 2011
I am sure this would be a fantastic workout if you had a room in your house the size of a studio hall - don't buy this unless you do as the routines require a huge amount of space.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty disappointing, 3 Jan 2011
I am quite a big fan of Tracy Anderson. I have Dance Cardio Workout and the Mat Workout (both of which I think are great). I enjoy dancing and would workout an hour a day.

This new DVD was "recommended" by Amazon and stupidly I ordered it. Like the Dance Cardio Workout, this DVD consists of Tracy putting together dance cardios. However, unlike Dance Cardio there are only two combinations put together (Dance Cardio has eight). She goes through and teaches each combination and then dances the combination to music. The combinations are fine and not too hard to learn (especially if you are used to her methods) but they are only taught from the front. In Dance Cardio she gives the option of learning from her front (where she looks straight into the camera) or the back (where her back faces the camera). I find it easier to learn from the back, but you don't get that option with Total Cardio Workout.

There are a couple of places where she messes up the combination but nobody bothered to correct it in the final version. This seems a bit cheap and (as one reviewer said) flung together.

So in summary: I like Tracy Anderson but this is disappointing. The content is fine but there is not enough, it seems cheap and pulled together too quickly to make some money rather than to help people. If you want a better Tracy DVD get the Dance Cardio Workout. Avoid this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun dances and easy to learn, 25 Jan 2013
I have to say I found Tracy's previous dance dvd with eight combinations just impossible to earn and then I was frustrated and felt silly in my work out clothes all trussed up and just not able to do it, but this one! Simpe effective and really good motivational music, okay I do have larger sized living room but when i do this in the bedroom I just step where I am with a jump. Plus a lot of people have said, including me her other dances are hard so come on people! AND I really don't understand what the problem is with the cheap set? Surely a more expensive set may mean a more expensive DVD? I know which I would prefer.

Also, obviously you can tell I'm a Tracy fan.. I love that she doesn't diect or just bang on abou her muscles every five minutes cause I don't wnat to hear it when people do this it just reminds you whats coming next and then you think 'oh my god, I know whats coming and I can't do that' Plus as Tracy says she likes everything to be 'alive' so maybe thats why she does it so your not just going through the motions.

Anyway, to sum up I love it its a lot of fun to do the third workout I love and I look forward to it even though I can't speak for about 30 minutes after!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of 4 trainers are good!, 25 July 2011
3 out of the 4 workouts shown are good. The instructors are good (incl. Tracy) but the second trainer stands out - she was motivational, continued speaking during her workout so we know when to change, when to breathe etc. Tracy, as usual, does the breakdown well and during the actual workout, goes into silent mode for the most part. Fourth trainer was also alright - broke down the workout well. The third one, by far, is the weakest link. She taught it so quickly that I had to rewind and play at least four times for each of the moves. During the actual workout, she was in her own world with not a hum to the audience. One more thing, Tracy should really add a cool down to her videos alongside the warm up. Overall, I like the workouts. Its a great start and makes me SWEAT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Prefer the original Dance Cardio and Mat workouts to this ..., 16 Jan 2011
K. White (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
I've been using Tracy's DVD's for the last approx 3 months very regularly and have noticed a definite change to my muscle structure (I have some at last!!) and fitness, and when I saw this DVD was coming out I jumped on it for a little variation. After having tried twice to struggle through it I've come to the following conclusions:

1. Tracy's not very good at warm-ups. They're not great in her Dance Cardio or Mat workouts either but this has to be the worst of the bunch, my heart rate had barely risen at all after this one
2. I learn better when viewing from the back. Which isn't an option in this DVD while it is in the Dance Cardio one. I can mirror the Mat DVD workout easily, but have real problems trying to work it out on the Total Cardio one.

From a personal point of view, I'd recommend anybody wanting to try a Tracy Anderson DVD start with the Mat workout (which is brilliant) and anybody who learns better by viewing from the back should start off with the Dance Cardio video. This one was something of a disappointment.

(Slightly shallow observation here as well but I wish to God that Tracy didn't look so miserable on the cover of the DVD! She's always much more cheerful in the workouts themselves and looks so much more natural than the pouty figures she presents on her DVD covers.)

1.0 out of 5 stars :( rehash of dance workout 2 ..., 20 May 2014
argh...no... I thought this would be cool but...umm problem yet again more dancing and jumping around like in the dance workout..thought ok some gentle dances in the dvd also no chance same with this dvd.

this dvd full of dances I want to do cardio not dance around this time...if cardio means I have to dance and...run and jump then..

can't do it live in a top apartment neighbour banged floor..

dvd is collecting dust £5.00 down the toilet again...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›