5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fitness DVD, up there with Davina
Published on 3 Jan 2011 by Liz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea
Was really looking forward to this dvd. I have nearly all of Davina's fitness dvd's and few rosemary conleys which i regularly work to, but this one for me just did not cut it.
I found the music really irritating, very background music, not a tune you can sing or hum too. And for me it was very fast and i felt i was not finsihing the move properly because of how fast...
Published on 20 Jan 2011 by Mrs. Melinda Paddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fitness DVD, up there with Davina, 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
Every year I buy the latest fitness DVD's, some I keep and some I sell on, but this one is definitely a "keeper". Nadia has done exceptionally well with her regime. The trainer Deanne (Sadly, not introduced or given a mention on the DVD cover) is excellent, not only is she glamorous, she has a lovely way with her in the training she gives, her cueing is perfect and she explains the moves really well. Deanne and Nadia have a good chemistry when working out, but there is a respectful relationship between them (unlike Dvina who talks over her trainers). On the cover of the DVD it says no equipment is needed, but weights, a mat and a cushion are used in the workouts.

I am an intermediate level exerciser, so my review is based on this.

The Warm up takes 12 minutes and gets you ready for the main workout by getting your heart rate to a good level (For absolute beginners you could actually just do the warm up and cool down as one workout to get you started - this would make a 20 minute workout). You do a routine of exercises that are repeated about 4 times though.

1st section: High Energy Fat Burner is just that and got me completely puffing and very red in the face, it takes 22 minutes, it is broken down into sections of firstly a low impact aerobic routine twice through, followed by stretch/tone exercises, leading to a higher impact aerobic routine, then stretch/tone again, then high impact again and finally stretch/tone. Phew!

2nd section: All Over Body Blast, this is calmer than the High Energy routine, but still works you hard. It lasts 15 minutes; it is sectioned into toning exercises with aerobic intervals: Aerobics, tummy routine, aerobics, butt exercises, aerobics, arms and finishes with aerobics.

3rd section: All Over Body Toner, same principle as the Body Blast. It lasts 15 minutes, it is sorted out into toning and aerobic intervals again: Aerobics, core exercises, legs, aerobics, waist (brilliant, I love these), aerobics, arms (with press ups), legs and arms, finishing with aerobic interval.

The Cool down takes 10 minutes and is just lovely, although I think the music (although nice) could be a lot more calming.

I love this DVD and look forward to working out to it again. I highly recommend it to all levels of fitness! Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Refreshing Work Out, 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I always dip into the glut of celebrity DVDs at this time of year, and this year it is very much about Claire Nasir, Nadia Sawalha and Kerry Katona. I decided to go for either the Katona one or the Sawalha one, and thank God i went for the Sawalha.
Firstly the set is wonderfully clean, white and so refreshing! Its fresh, none of that gimmicky backdrops or stupid props. There arent hundreds of people working out. Just Nadia Sawalha and her trainer Deane. I agree with other reviewers that its a shame she isnt mentioned on the boxing, cos she is a strong draw.
The on-screen relationship between them both is very real, not too wordy, and genuine. They behave like grown ups, not all that pretending to present a tv show stuff you get with Davina.
The work out is incredibly thorough. The warm up is virtually a work out all in itself. The music is brilliantly driving, and I think any of those people who like those more dancey dvds by the ministry of sound would also like this one. It is very motivated, very classy, very cool - you would almost like to dance to the music alone.
The moves are incredibly varied, it is easy to take things at a different tempo, and theres lots of scope to keep improving with the DVD across time. This isnt one of those ones you watch once or twice and then forget about it. I think this will keep going in for months to come.
Nadia looks just amazing. I havent seen her on tv for a long time and if her new body is anything to go by, then we should all prepare for her big return. I cannot beleive this is the same woman who presented CIty Hospital!!
It's brilliantly packaged, brilliantly presented and unlike other DVDs that always give us useless diet plans - this one gives a number of little films showing nadia cooking her dishes and teaching us how to do them. This extra touch feels like the makers of this really care about the opeople buying it.
Forget Katona - plum for this one anyday!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Down to earth DVD to burn fat and tone up!, 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
This is the first time in years that I have bought a fitness dvd that didn't involve dance (with tiny girls in hot pants) or kickboxing military style fitness. Instead I went for a good old fashioned effective cardio and toning dvd and so glad I did. Nadia is instantly likeable and her figure is healthy and achievable so you feel like doing this routine will help you tone up, burn fat and inches and you feel like you won't open a magazine in six months time and see Nadia with loads or weight back on, (Hello Natalie Cassidy) nor is she so improbably small that you think she'll balloon if she has a chinese (Hi Hannah Waterman!)

One of the big draws for me buying this dvd was the fact that she has a credible recognisable and fabulous trainer in Deanne Berry (Best known for the Ministry of Sound Pump it Up and Clubland dvds and ITV's Breakfast show trainer). It was nice to see her go back to her aerobic instructor roots with this simple yet fun workout.

It's divided into five sections, A warm up that's almost a mini workout in itself and is fun and properly does the job (10 mins), then is the high energy aerobic routine, I sweated buckets and it quickly got me catching my breath,even the low intensity option is guarenteed to burn some cals, the moves are pretty simple but still challenging and will keep you interested (22 mins). Next comes two all over body aerobic and toning regimes that combine a bit of cardio along with toning and resistence training focusing on upper body in the first and the core in the next while the rest of the body gets a good workout too (both 15 mins) and finally a nice relaxing 10 min cooldown.

An added fab bonus is a lovely little recipe book by Nadia with lovely low fat recipes including her much lauded spaghetti and meatballs from her stint on masterchef! Can't wait to tuck in, there is also some simple healthy eating guidelines included on the dvd.

All in all a fab workout dvd!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
Last year, as I approached 30, I decided to join a gym to get fit. I started off quite well, going three times a week, but life got in the way and now I'm lucky if I go once a week. However, I did start doing more home fitness DVDs and couldn't believe what a good work-out I could get from them. The Hannah Waterman one was my favourite of last year. It seriously works me as hard as a circuit training class. I've now quit the gym and spent the last few months of last year trying to find another DVD as hard as Hannah's to rotate with once my membership runs out this February. I tried sooooo many - The Firm, Davina, Nell, Jillian Michaels... but none seemed to work me as hard or were as enjoyable as Hannah's.

With the glut of new fitness DVDs released last week, I plumped for Nadia's and Clare Nasir's. Clare has the same trainer as Hannah so I was sooooo looking forward to it, but it just left me disappointed (I've written a review of that).

With Nadia's, I had no preconceptions, apart from viewing the trailer on here. What can I say? - I LOVED it!

It is very difference to Hannah's, because it's more 'dancy' but it works you just as hard. The intensity moves up throughout the cardio sections so it's suitable for all fitness levels. If you're more of an intermediate/advanced exerciser, you can easily just increase the intensity from the start by following the same moves but with a hop and a skip rather than a step. Believe me - you will get knackered!

The trainer is Deanne Berry from the Ministry of Sound Pump It Up workouts (she should have been given a plug on the cover!) so the routine is brilliant, non-stop and her cueing is spot on. They are a good mix of cardio and resistance (body and with weights) with a lovely stretching section at the end. In total, the whole DVD takes about 1hr 10mins to complete.

This DVD is definitely a 'keeper' and will be on permanent rotation with Hannah's!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I couldnt decide which fitness dvd to go for this year and I'm so glad I chose this one, Im normally a big Davina fan (still am) but fancied a change, been reading reviews for different dvds for weeks before i spotted Nadia's, watched the trailer and thought it looked good so decided to go for it. The trainer is Deanne Berry (Colleen nolan fans will know her and also ministry of sound) and shes amazing, clear instruction and not too hard although dont be fooled its very high intensity in some places, saying that, its do-able if you're of medium fitness, id say if you were a total beginner start with the warm up and follow with cool down, kind of mini workout in itself. There are different work outs depending on what you want to do, a hi-energy dancey aerobics, jane fonda style! then there are 2 body tone ish sections concentrating on sculpting and toning, fab workouts. Nadia should be really proud of herself she looks amazing and the dvd is excellent, what i love the most is that the warm up is a session in itself so whichever section you choose after that theres no faffing about doing another warm up, on the davina dvds theres a small warm up at the start of each section which sometimes slows you down if you're doing one after the other. Id give this 5 stars as its fab and you will definately see results, trust me!! Oh and theres even a little recipe book with it too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this DVD, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I am a complete beginner with 5 stone to lose. This DVD is easy to get to know, after 3 goes I could follow it very smoothly. I find the music, moves, Nadia and the trainer really motivating and encouraging. It is fast enough to keep the energy flowing, and regular changes in movement keeps it interesting and they give you slow moves every so often so you can get your breath back. I have already lost 1 stone in a month by doing this DVD 3 or 4 times a week, and making modest changes to my portion size. And I don't do the whole DVD, just the warm up and the high NRG fat burner. UPDATE: Have lost 2stone in total with this DVD in a matter of a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 13 Jan 2011
H. Falconer (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I've never bought a fitness dvd before, and always struggled to go for a run or go to the gym. But after reading the reviews here I thought I would give it a go.
I've just had my first go at this dvd and it is AMAZING!! I'm a huge aerobics fan, but hate busy classes, especially when they are full of fit people who can do all the moves! This dvd allows you to get the moves wrong and not feel like a numpty. You can also choose between the high or low energy moves! It's really nice see that Nadia struggles with some of the moves towards the end of the work out when she's tired, like a normal human being would! It is also really good to be able to make up your own work out session. I also love the food recipes she's included, and will be trying them out!
Altogether an amazing dvd! And I'll definitely be recommending it to my friends and family!

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I have been struggling to lose weight for a while and to find a good motivator. Well here it is! Finally, thank you Nadia!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nadia's DVD is just what a new mum needs!, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I had a baby 8 months ago and cant get to the gym but when my little one sleeps I get into my trainers, put on this DVD and have a fantastic workout!
Its great not to feel patronised or embarrassed by silly jokes from the celebrity, Nadia is all about the work out and Deane's instructions are clear and motivating. I intend to do this four times a week so I am glad I dont need to hear little asides over and over again. Nadia is a mum in her 40's and she looks naturally beautiful, she is down to earth and inspiring.
Once I've finished my work out I've sat and breastfed my little one whilst watching the cookery- fantastic! I love her book too, well I love food and cooking so with this you really can have your kebab and eat it!!
A must have DVD for anyone who wants to work out in their own home and time.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best fitness DVD on the market!, 13 April 2011
This review is from: Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD] (DVD)
I was very wary of buying a celebrity fitness DVD as I've always believed they are so gimicky, but after reading some of the reviews on Amazon on Nadia's 'Fat to Fab' DVD, I thought I would give it a go. I am so pleased I did!! I love it!!

It's not too cheesy and the work outs are fun and testing, you obviously get out of it as much as you put in but I love the three different sections concentrating on different fitness levels and they work on different areas of your body. Deanne is a great lead and her Oz'y voice is not too overpowering to listen to either.

What I enjoyed most is the music - it's not chart music and it's not over thumpy, so even though you get a great beat going, you don't find yourself singing along or feeling as though you should be in a club!

Definitely worth a try, I'm pretty addicted and do the DVD three times a week (with a holiday fast approaching!!). Go for it :-)

Nadia Sawalha: Fat to Fab [DVD]