5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Got one of these a couple of months ago, and I am very happy with the results.

Published on 16 May 2012 by Kai Sheldrake

1.0 out of 5 stars a review of amazons description, not the projector.
the item was supposed to be an item thats been returned previously and checked over.

well in the process the original packaging has been lost, the lens cover and lens collar have all disappeared.

the fact that amazon dont state this i find misleading and an accurate description of the item should be given
Published 11 months ago by beecee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Picture., 22 Mar 2013
Clive Davies - See all my reviews
This review is from: Epson EH-TW3200 3LCD Projector (25000:1, 1800 ANSI Lumens, Full HD 1080p) (Electronics)
I don't have any experience of different projectors (this one is my first) but I do have three, modern, large screen HD TVs, so I know what a good picture looks like, and the picture quality of the EH-TW3200 is excellent. Obviously, the darker the room, the better the picture looks, but in a fairly light room it's still impressive. In fact, it's so good that I wouldn't take the risk of buying a wireless projector costing over twice the price (which I did consider) because I can't imagine the picture quality would be significantly better than the EH-TW3200. As far as criticisms are concerned, they are fairly minor. Although I was aware of the dimensions before I bought it, it was still a surprise to see how large it was. Secondly, when sitting about 4-6 feet away from the projector on its right hand side, you can be aware of the fan noise when in normal (non-eco) mode. It's not so loud as to make you constantly aware of it, and it's therefore not annoying, but very occasionally (presumably when you're watching boring stuff) you can become aware of it. At greater distances and in other seating positions, there is virtually no fan noise. In eco mode, when the picture brightness will be very slightly lower, you have to try hard to hear the fan, wherever you sit. Finally, I do find that the lens shift wheels don't move the lens as critically as I would like. For example, having the lens in the correct vertical position, moving the horizontal wheel causes the lens to move both horizontal AND vertically downwards to some extent, so requiring a readjustment with the vertical wheel again. No great problem - just a little more fiddling than I think is necessary. Nevertheless, looking at the price range of all the projectors that you can buy, and all the possible deficiencies that they can have, I am really pleased with this buy. All the reviewers that I read gave it four or five stars, and I wouldn't disagree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 16 May 2012
Kai Sheldrake "Darthshellers" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Got one of these a couple of months ago, and I am very happy with the results.

I have this hooked up to my Sony Blu-ray player and Sky HD box. Images are bright, sharp and crisp. I am currently projecting onto my lounge wall (I painted it in Dulux Light and Space) at approximately 3 metres and the image size for 16:9 is around 100 inches of spectacular HD goodness. The fan is quiet, and even in Eco-mode the image is nice and bright.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic projector, 1 Jun 2012
Linda Boot "lyn1957" (uk) - See all my reviews
had this projector for 2 weeks now,cannot believe how good it is for what it costs it beats some of the more expensive models,dont know how epson have got it down to this amount,the picture quality is stunning,keeps the kids quite playing their ps3 games on it its quite big so be prepared to buy a big enough shelf to house it on,i found a perfect glass shelf on amazon that it fits on a treat which swivels,brilliant projector and replacement lamps can be found on-line quite cheaply,with a life span of 4000 hours so dont be put off try it

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh, what a picture, oh, what a picture........, 10 Jan 2014
M. SULLIVAN (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
I have been into home cinema for many years. Have had a 7.1 surround sound system, for longer than I care to admit, matched with a 50" plasma telly which I thought (until I made this purchase)could probably not be improved upon - unless you're into ultra HD, but lets be honest who can afford around 8K to buy one if you aren't a premiership footballer!! Anyway I had been thinking of getting a projector, for quite a while, in order to get the BIG SCREEN effect, and I decided to take the plunge. I am not into 3D (I'm one of the unfortunate souls who get eye strain & a headache after watching 3D for any length of time)so I was looking for a 2D only projector, which are now quite cheap as everyone seems to want 3D - but as mentioned earlier I didn't!!

So after much research regarding options I decided on an LCD projector (DLP projectors were also a non-starter for me as I am also susceptible to the dreaded 'rainbow effect' - so that immediately narrowed things down regarding choice!!) LCD projectors do tend to be larger - due to their technology - and this one is no exception but it 'looks the part and gives a bold statement' in any home cinema room. May look a bit out of place ceiling mounted in the middle of your home sitting room, which might upset the wife/partner ,so it is best set up in a dedicated cinema room, if you have one?

Regarding the image quality, before I set it up I was quite sceptical as to how good the image would be - I needn't have worried!! - the only thing I can say is WOW!!!! and I am very critical & particular on image quality. This just blew me away!! When it is fed with a full 1080p HD input the image quality is mind blowing - it is, literally, BETTER than being at the cinema!! Feeding it lower resolution images (standard DVD images for example) will be less pleasing, but most people buying this will only be pumping full HD signals into it - if not, stick with yer tellies!!! Even the missus, who up till now has not really been into home cinema, thinks it is amazing as well!!

Because it is a 'big beast' if you want to ceiling mount it (and most people probably will) be warned it does not fit many of the cheaper generic ceiling mounts that are available out there. Eventually I had to purchase the dedicated 'Epson' ceiling mount in order to 'get it up' on the ceiling - but if you will simply be standing it on a table or shelf this will not be an issue. Another great feature of this projector is the fact that it has a 'lens shift' facility. This is a great feature that helps immensely with the alignment of the image, on your screen, and is a feature that is only (usually) on much more expensive projectors. Lens shift is much better than the 'keystone correction' that tends to be on cheaper projectors. Keystone correction 'digitally' alters the picture shape (to make it 'square' again) which reduces/degrades image quality at the edges of the image - lens shift, does exactly that - it moves the image (up/down or left/right) with no degradation of the image at all; which, lets be honest, is what we all want!!! So, in conclusion, if anyone is thinking about getting a projector, and don't want 3D, then look no further than this projector; you will not be dissapointed, and it is great at impressing 'yer mates' when they come round to watch the football, in HD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinematic experience, 9 Mar 2013
Tried a couple of DLP projectors, but I found the "rainbow effect" rendered viewing movies a nauseating experience. Tried again with this projector after reading decent reviews online and am still really happy with the purchase, one year after buying it. It's a pleasure to watch movies and sports events with this, and I've found I am now insisting on the best possible sources (1080p, Blu-Ray, etc.) to get the most out of this excellent machine.

Be aware, it is much bigger than a lot of similarly priced home projectors, even if this allows it to have a much better range and picture quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epson HD Projector, 27 Dec 2012
William N. Ruffell (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a fine high definition projector and runs my audio visuals splendidly. It is a larger machine than I realized with a big lens. I have run it with DVDs via a Samsung Laptop which upgrades pictures to High Definition. It has various imputs but no outputs and I was surprised that there is no sound output from the projector. I take the sound output from the headphone outlet on the laptop which works well. As I have made my AVs over the years at 1024 x 768 that size appears when projected but the projector has the facility of adjusting the lens to fill the screen if you so wish. Later sequences made at 1920 x 1080 - HD standard of course appear as widescreen and are superb. Films from DVDs look excellent too. I have used the projector on 4ft and 12ft screens and it adapts to either without any difficulties. The projector also runs very quietly and has several adjustments if you do not want to run it in high definition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real good, 16 Aug 2012
I bought this because I suffered greatly from Rainbow Effect (RBE) on the DLP Optoma 230x. This LCD projector cannot create the RBE effect but is, of course, more expensive.

For 50 more again you can get the Epson TW5900 which is 3d capable (you'll need to buy glasses separately). If however, like me, you think 3d is somewhat of a fad and a source of headaches you may want to opt for this model.

Yes, it has slightly less lumens etc but you do gain the invaluable mechanical lens shift. Previously, my old trusty Sony VPL-ES2 had to be perfectly positioned and this kept it relegated to our bedroom on a handy speaker cab I have kicking around. Our living room doesnt really allow for this and having the proj dead centre between us in front of the couch isn't really ideal. (As I am in rented accommodation I cant rig up ceiling mounts and so forth). With the mechanical lens shift however the projector can easily be placed to the side of our seating and the screen can be manipulated to an ideal position. (Download the manual online for an in depth tech spec of the lens shift capability). It's currently mounted on the boxes it came in and a small table (precarious) but I will be buying a wheeled stand soon enough!

So - picture quality? Really lovely. 'Cinema' setting default is good out the box. You can check avforums and search for the tw3200 faq's for optimal setup (everyone is slightly different of course). Cinema setting really needs to be used in a light controlled room (not a bat-cave though). We have large patio doors that need to be covered and we cant really watch a movie properly until dusk. Properly meaning to it's full immersive potential. The 'Living Room' setting pumps up the brightness of course but this is really for gaming in the day and so forth. This setting also increases projector noise from the previous eco cinema mode -that is almost inaudible! In pretty much broad daylight I was still able to play xbox on this setting albeit it would have benefitted from a darker day/more efficient curtains to prevent some washout.

Our first test movie was The Woman In Black. It blew me away. The darkened haunted house was still highly detailed and everything was as it should be. I am by no means a videophile when it comes to comparing contrast levels and so on but I do know when something doesnt "feel right" and everything was A-ok. Last night we went for Insidious and again - the scale of the image, the detail and the faithful colours and contrast made me empty myself on numerous occasions.

The menus are pretty extensive and there are lots to play with if you want to tweak your image.

When connecting to my Sony DH820 av amp it does seem to trigger the HDMI audio back to "TV+AMP" which means I need to switch back to "AMP" to get my sound outputting correctly. No biggy - but it did freak me out initially. Might happen to you too....

It also comes with 3yr warranty on the machine and the bulb which isn't to be sniffed at. Be warned though - this projector is a beast. It was like unrwapping an old VHS player circa. 1986! In saying that, the build quality is strong.

I only give it 4 stars instead of 5 as it remains an expensive piece of kit. I definitely think it is great value but being a skinflint and having paid 550 for my sony back in the day I feel I need to drop it a star. Harsh maybe? Probably. If you can afford a little more then this, so far, is a great piece of kit.

If I have any issues that crop up I will be sure to update my review but I really feel it will continue to deliver.

See ya.

UPDATE:

Been using it pretty much every day since I got it and it still continues to deliver. No drop in brightness noticeable so far. I have upgraded to 5 stars now as it made The Dark Knight Rises look better than it did at the cinema. Astounding stuff. Worth an extra star, that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best projector in its price bracket, 11 July 2012
I bought this having first sampled a cheaper DLP model, which I found left me feeling a little dizzy. No such problems (read up on "rainbow effect") with this LCD model, which is easy to use and provides a super, pretty-much-cinema-quality image, even when projected onto a white wall. I've found no downsides (although it's on the chunky side and needed a shelf building to accommodate it) and I would highly recommend the Epson 3200 to anyone. The fan sound has never bothered me in the slightest, and a full year after buying the image seems as bright as the day I got it.
Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality and easy to use, 8 Sep 2013
Amazon Customer (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this projector to display digital photos, harking back to the old days of slide shows. I chose this one over the alternatives because it has both vertical and horizontal lens shift making it quick and easy to align which is essential if you are not permanently fixing both projector and screen in position, and lens shift does not distort the image unlike the digital keystone correction of other projectors.
With the photos being sent to it via HDMI from a blueray player the image quality is exellent, and as a bonus films are fantastic too!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW what a picture, 3 Sep 2013
I got this projector and a PCW120MET 120" HD Projector Screen 16:9 Widescreen Tab-Tensioned Electric screen. The picture is fantastic.

Taking delivery was exciting and when removed from the box you then appreciate the size of this projector. It is big and looks impressive. The ability to offset the lens is great which most projectors don't have allowing off set positioning. connection via the HDMI connection was simple and provides HD 1080p picture. I have it connected to my PS3 blue ray via a surround sound amp and watching Disney cars was super and The Lord of the Rings rolling country side and epic landscapes were great. I am running it in Eco lamp mode but the picture is still bright and colours full. Dark room is best but it holds its own even if you can't get it cinema dark. The projector is ultra quiet and I barely know its running.

I can not recommend this projector more if you are thinking about it and don't need the 3D element then go for it you won't be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›