4.0 out of 5 stars 3D rendering of dinosaurs good
I found the 3D of the dinosuars to be very good, especially of the sauropods. I didn't particularly care for the "cardboard cut-out" 3D effects for some of the dig sites though.
Published on 27 May 2011 by Nik

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn... unless you like flying
Seems that I am becoming a bit of a yawn myself... This is the 2nd IMAX Dinosaur 3D film I have got, after the last one, I thought things couldn't get much worse...

This is NEW
It should be better...

But NO

Published on 11 Mar 2011 by @madesign54

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D rendering of dinosaurs good, 27 May 2011
This review is from: IMAX-Dinosaurs; Giants of Patagonia 3D (Blu-ray + Blu-ray 3D) (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellend 3D presentation, 12 Dec 2011
Peter Dolinaj "Peter Dolinaj" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This has been so far the best 3D presentation I've seen. The 3D has nice depths and dinosaurs are coming out of your screen. It's very sharp and realistic on my Panasonic 3D plasma. I take this as a demonstration of 3D, not a serious documentary and this does a perfect job!

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn... unless you like flying, 11 Mar 2011

This is NEW
It should be better...

But NO

I should have followed my own advice after the other 3D Dinosaur disaster, get a copy of BBC's walking with Dinosaurs... it may show its age, but even using 3d simulation its brilliant in comparison to the latest offering from IMAX.

Lets give you an overview.

If you like flying scenes across rugged landscapes - then this is brilliant.
If you like the IMAX feel good stories of scientist finds a dinosaur bone at aged 4 1/2 - then went on to be the worlds authority - then you will like this.
If your looking for great dinosaurs - then buy the BBC walking with dinosaurs
If you want a 3D headache - then buy this as the ghosting isn't as bad as the other 3D IMAX, but it doesn't show any major improvements.

If you still want to buy this 3D Dinosaur IMAX film - then drop us a line and I will happily sell you both Dinosaur videos in an attempt to get my money back

Sorry about seeming so harsh, but seems that this latest 3D fade is meaning that corporations are trying to make a quick buck, before everyone gives in with having to many 3D headaches.

5.0 out of 5 stars IMAX DINOSAURS, 24 Feb 2011
I have seen a couple of home 3d movies aswell as many at the imax theatre in the science museum. And this is the best ive seen. The quality of the dinosaurs is fairly high and their movement is believable. The 3d is good and the views shown are good. The soundtrack was excellant and the narration was interesting.
Overal, this is a high quality film and very watchable multaple times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
Silvio Garcia (Blairgowrie, Scotland) - See all my reviews
love it

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill 3d, 26 Jun 2012
Well ,,, I bought a 42 inch 3d tv and blue ray from Argos ,,, tv was highly recommended,,, as was the player, so of course I needed a 3d movie to test ,,, and man was I blown away ,,, crisp pic , great sound on my 5.1 system ,,, and 3d was out of this world ,,, now I been in the projection business for 20 yrs ,,, and this is better than any movie we played in cinemas ,, it was originally shot for 3d in IMAX cinemas but the 3d conversion is brill,,,,,,,, but anyone thinking about buying a 3d tv should be aware 3d tv s should be placed at eye level ie your normal sitting postiion ,,,, ,,, if wall mounted it has to be a tilted bracket ,,,, if not the 3d affect will show terrible ghostly images ,,, so tv on a normal tv stand ,, eye level is perfect ,,,,,, and enjoy the depth of 3d with awesome monsters you can almost touch ,,, I have more than 20 blue ray movies now ,,,, this is up with the best ,,,, any one needing some help regards tv blue ray and list of the best movies to view e mail me Alan-donnelly@hotmail.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars its a brite spark in a world of horror gore almost a time travell window, 19 Feb 2012
watching this on ex large screen , is great , with that anarcist hawkeye {altman 's MASH}voice over' i watch/listen to this dude almost anytime, iwatch huge amounts of media ,mainly sci fi movies ,TV series ,doco's ancient movies serials , yet other stuff spies , world movies love stories,3d is new &this imax dinosaurs giants of patagonia left me with no bad after taste, which crummy stuff can do, love it about 75% ,TIGER

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique & Original, - in its own way!!!, 10 Jun 2011
sausagesrus (3 The Solar System, Milky-Way) - See all my reviews
I had originaly given this a one star rating, but having watched it a second time, i found that it was uniquely brilliant in its own way, and therefore original. Yes, 40 mins isn't very long for a feature these days, however, i do feel that in their own way, the makers had put a lot of effort into the making of it. And so because of this, i have decided to give it 5 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars imax dinosaurs, 28 July 2011
J. Trueman "john t" (whitby uk) - See all my reviews
just received this disc.it will not play on my sony blueray player or ps3,nor will it play on my neighbours blueray player.amazon has replaced this but it is the same.it opens with the update screen,followed by 3d signal has been detected.then just a black screen.it must be the wrong region code(2)as all my gear has the latest updates.no region code is to be found anywhere on the box.buy this at your peril.this is the first of numerous purchases from amazon i have had a problem with and i would suggest amazon checks these discs out to avoid a lot of upset customers.i am not sending the second disc back and will just put this down to bad luck.

IMAX-Dinosaurs; Giants of Patagonia 3D (Blu-ray + Blu-ray 3D)
19.14