5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic soundtrack!
If you are pining away waiting for the film to be out on dvd this is a great way to relive the moments from the film. Put it on and close your eyes and you are THERE. The moment it starts with 'Obliviate' I'm filled with the same excitement and expectancy I felt seeing the film.

Published on 24 Dec 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been so much better
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by L. Hubbard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic soundtrack!, 24 Dec 2010

I don't know why people are complaining I think this is fantastic, after all the tone of this film and subject matter (not having any scenes at Hogwarts) ARE altogether different from the other films and having a soundtrack with a different tone / style is apt I think.

The inlay sleeve of this cd is fantastic for collectors, some great images, its in pride of place along with the other soundtracks, just eagerly awaiting the finale now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but could have been so much better, 1 Jan 2011
L. Hubbard (Cardiff) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Desplat's assignment for The Deathly Hallows undoubtedly occurred as a result of his excellent score for Twilight: New Moon, showing his skills at writing for the fantasy genre. Unfortunately, Desplat did not manage to pull anything special or unique for this penultimate film of the Harry Potter franchise. The scores for Harry Potter have suffered from a lack of consistency as different directors chose different composers from The Goblet of Fire onwards, often with little or no reference to John Williams' original themes or any subsequent themes by the other composers.

Desplat, as he did with New Moon, could have stamped his own mark, but instead many of the tracks whilst individually impressive, never seems to evolve into a well rounded listening experience on album. It is frustrating because he does have some good themes here, and some of the action writing does sound impressive. Maybe he will develop the themes further in Part 2, but this score does feel a little incomplete. It is nonetheless good, but not groundbreaking score with individual moments of flare rather than a cohesive music progression of ideas and themes. Hopefully these themes will be further developed in Pt 2.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but disappointing, 6 Feb 2011
Elvellon (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
In general the album is good, the music has much darker feel to it, well complemeting the penultimate instalment of the Harry Potter series. Unlike the previous scores however, most of the pieces are quite forgettable, with only few exceptions. As a Harry Potter fan myself I was quite disappointed, missing some of the key pieces I came to love while listening to the previous soundtracks (most notably the Hedwig's theme). Though essential album for any Harry Potter fan, it's definately not the best one.

I recommend listening to some of the songs before buying the album to avoid any unnecessary disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 July 2011
This is advertised as just a double disc in a posh box, but it's way more than that! You get a film cell, picture disc, bonus tracks, a DVD, a signed music score, and a poster. All in a really nice box. Well worth it if you're a big HP fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars The first two songs make the album, 26 Mar 2013
I. Aleman "SP" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I confess that, as a whole, I prefer the soundtrack from the first three HP movies (John Williams), but the first two songs from this album are amazingly good. They depicts very well the feeling in those first moments of the story. I definitely recommend this soundtrack, but first watch the movie!

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic composer, disappointing soundtrack, 23 May 2011
I hate to say it, but I found this soundtrack so disappointing. I absolutely LOVE Alexandre Desplat, I really admire his other works, so it really surprised me when I just couldn't bring myself to like this one. None of the tracks stand out for me, apart from perhaps "Farewell to Dobby". There are two or three moments on the whole CD when you hear something really beautiful, but unfortunately it doesn't last long enough for you to remember.
Personally, out of all the HP soundtrack composers, I think Nicolas Hooper (films 5&6) did the best job, and I'm sad he hasn't done the last two films.
I'm really hoping Desplat's Part 2 will be slightly different. But for the first time ever I was disappointed when I heard he would also be doing the music for the next one, as much as I hate to say that - as normally he is one of my very favourite film composers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 20 Mar 2013
Great music straight from the film. Doesn't include music from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - that comes as a separate CD, be warned! The music on this CD is beautiful and very atmospheric. Worth the money! Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 7 May 2012
we got another masterful maestro with more feathers in his cap than Robin Hood in a pillow fight. Alexandre Desplat brought new depth and darkness to the series that really made the final films special. His music hinted at his predecessors', but he also added his own curiosity and shadow

continue reading at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars as good as john williams' soundtracks, 18 Feb 2012
I have not seen the movie but the soundtrack ( purchased for my kids ) is stunning. very very clever musically and a great disk to have in the car , potter fan or not.....
Not a John Williams effort but its a similar mood and as good as his stuff easily !
recommended !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!!, 20 Jan 2012
I don't know how this could be rated under 4* but you can't please everyone, all the soundtracks are ace poetically the sad ones they give a significant impact on your emotions and really conclude the final series.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›