5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed
Simple put, it works exactly as descrived, and exactly as I needed for my presentations. As a teacher, I was tired of beeing limited by the keyboard and mouse, and needed to walk through the class room and give assistance to some students. It's really easy now, it works perfectly!
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by Rui

2.0 out of 5 stars Recognition Failure
Published 18 months ago by Koswe

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, 31 Oct 2011
This review is from: August LP170B Wireless Presenter with Red Laser Pointer - Cordless Powerpoint Slide Changer with Shortcut Keys - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered (1xAAA Inc.) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, 30 Nov 2011
D. J. Holmes (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I do technical presentations for both my work colleagues and customers. This laser pointer is very useful, also the slide adjuster for next slide is a positive click, and because it uses radio waves not infra red, the slide advance works every time even from the other side of the room. This is a stunning piece of kit and even comes with it's own carry pouch so you don't lose anything. Great value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for trainers, 4 July 2011
I usually train customers, and sometime I have to train them at their offices. This leaves you a little unprepared, as you dont know what to eactly expect from their meeting/training rooms when you arrive. However, this nifty product can be helpful in the most awkward rooms - it doubles up as a pointer and slide changer. A must for trainers - resonable priced comes with a pouch to keep ext batts and the device it self.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making your point with laser accuracy., 13 Dec 2012
This laser pointer comes in a soft black zip-up case, with some storage space provided for memory cards/ spare battery. Clear instructions (4 pages) are included on the user manual. Insertion of the supplied AAA battery is relatively easy. The black laser pointer resembles a thick pen and has a clip at the top to place into a pocket if you so wish. The USB stick which initiates the wireless connection with the computer slides out from the top. The installation of the driver onto a new computer is straightforward and takes less than a minute. The red laser has a sharp spot size which is ample for a classroom size; in terms of brightness it is visible in semi-darkness quite clearly, in bright light it is not so effective.
There are 4 controls on the pointer, the first switches the laser on; you need to keep it pressed down. There is a button which switches in between 2 modes for the remaining 2 buttons. In the first mode these buttons are for page up and page down. In the second mode these 2 buttons skip to the start/ end of the show and the other switches the show on and off. With this button configuration the main warning that I would give is this: You need to make sure you know which mode you are in otherwise you can end up being thrown out of the full screen presentation mode. So practice these using these buttons beforehand to save yourself embarrassment of being interrupted during a talk to reset your presentation manually.
Once you are up and running, the pointer is a pleasure to use, it frees you from having to stand next to mouse or laptop to effect slide changes, and you can highlight areas using the pointer. Ergonomically the pointer sits quite comfortably in your hand during use. Keep a spare battery with you, and ensure you have a clear line of sight to the USB stick to effect clean slide changes. It will add to your tool kit as a presenter and will make a good present for any teachers you know.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little device, well worth getting, 10 Nov 2012
I wanted a PowerPoint clicker which I could attach to my lanyard and although this has no ring, I can slip the pen clip through the lanyard which stops me from putting it down and forgetting where I put it. This is ideal for me; a colour I can't miss and the fact that the USB plug has its own little home in the body of the pen means I never lose that either. Does exactly what I need it to do and the laser is really useful too. An excellent purchase at a great price. I would love to have a ring to attach to the lanyard properly so if there were any alterations to make I would add that but I haven't seen any with a ring so I think that may just be my thing. If I get have a large key ring then I'm sure that would do the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Recognition Failure, 25 Oct 2012
A very well designed and compact unit - unfortunately my lap top did not recognise the "dongle" and was unable to pair with it. Highly frustrating for me as I work in Ghana and the logistics of just getting the unit here was a challenge. Returning it is clearly not an option, but I can vouch for the fact that the unit is very well made as it remained intact after being thrown across my office. (It however still didn't work.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless presenter with laser pointer, 18 April 2012
Very good compact device which has its own case to keep all parts together and allows the inclusion of spare batteries. Nice to use and I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 7 Mar 2011
Very good, doeas exactly what it say's on the tin!

And more to the point the USB dongle stores in the pen, so even I can't lose it :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful tool, recommended, 8 Oct 2012
I'm happy with my purchase - arrived promptly, works fine. It always takes a little while until my laptop recognises the USB stick and I think the forward/backward buttons are arranged counterintuitively (meaning that when you press the one closer to the top of the remote control you go backwards, and the lower one moves the slides forward). Other than that it's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing :), 13 Mar 2012
really happy with this product and transaction, fast dispatch, good packaging and excellent communication. as a teacher i use a lot of presentations and this tool helps me a lot to keep my students focused and it helps to go around them as i teach. thanks a lot !!

ARRAY(0xa3088a08)