5.0 out of 5 stars it's a breeze
I wanted a pair of tough walking shoea ( not hiking boots but suitable for long walks in town and country). These have proved to be lovely walking shoes - light, with good ankle support, soft inside. there is an air sole which allows good grip and cushions the hard pavements. Excellent value. The shoes arrived very quickly from the seller
Published on 29 Aug 2011 by Sheila M. Hillier

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 10 months ago by Pendle Witch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a breeze, 29 Aug 2011
Sheila M. Hillier "jago" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Merrell Womens Siren Breeze Trekking and Hiking Shoes (Apparel)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light weight walking shoe, 19 Feb 2013
This is my second pair. The first pair I have walked more miles than I can remember in. Keep making them Merrell, it took years to get a pair this good

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 24 Aug 2013
Having read the product specification for the Siren Breeze walking shoes, I was under the distinct impression that they were waterproof. Unfortunately, first time walking in the rain,the water seeped straight through the top of the shoe and I had to walk home with soaking wet feet. I cannot consider these shoes suitable for walking out in our unpredictable British weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Merrell trainers, 30 May 2013
had to send the first pair back as they were too small so I ordered a size up which were perfect. They are well padded which is why you perhaps have to go a size up. No problem exchanging them though, very efficient and fast service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves her new walking shoes !!, 24 May 2013
My wife is very happy with her new super lightweight and comfy walking trainers. Can't wait to get out the big outdoors to put them through their paces :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 May 2013
Really like these trainers.the colours great and they are very versatile. I would recommend them to anyone. A good buy

1.0 out of 5 stars I am so mad ! NOT GORETEX NOT WATERPROOF !, 27 Dec 2013
I purchased a pair of these Merrell walking shoes for my wife for Christmas I did loads of reading up on what pair I should buy.
She has had Merrells before and these seem to have fit the bill for my purchase after I read in the listing description Product Description

"A siren that sounds the alarm when the weather comes up bad, and keeps pace with the worst it can throw out. Mesh upper backed by gore-texxcr membrane has the highest level o breathability while being completely waterproof "

After delivery I was a bit concerned about a review here for these shoes saying they were NOT waterproof so I decided to go to the Merrell web site and look up this model of shoe ......and SURE enough they are NOT WATERPROOF as described in Amazons listing!!!!
I'm so mad !! at this moment in time they are packed up ready to go back for a full refund. Do NOT believe what you read on Amazons descriptions.

I'm now off the a well known Outdoor store to buy a pair of WATERPROOF Merrells so I can check myself & they price match + 10% off

These may be comfortable and live up to other dry walkers expectations ......BUT DONT TAKE THEM OUT IN THE WET They are NOT Goretex lined !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal in between, 15 April 2013
I do lots of walking this shoe bridges the gap between walking boots and shoes, wore them straight away very comfortable. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential walking, 4 April 2013
Y. Pees (Canvey Island, Essex UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these for a holiday in South Africa where I would be doing a lot of walking. These trainers did not let me down. Sturdy and strong, comfortable and light, protective against the rough terrain I was walking through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and practical, 4 Oct 2013
These are my second pair of siren breeze - my last pair wore out a couple of years ago - tried another Merrell shoe in between but decided to go back to these as I knew they'd need no wearing in. They're supportive, light and are wide enough without looking frumpy.
I use them for city / park walking, they'd be ok for a dry day in the countryside but not for hill walking on wet ground.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›