5.0 out of 5 stars calming
i just loved this cd its the kind of music that touches the soul whether to scare or calm you down already recommended it on fb
Published 22 months ago by m duker

1.0 out of 5 stars $1.99 in USA
This looks like a great compilation at a reasonable price, but I cannot bring myself to purchase it when Americans can get it for $1.99. I wish I could exercise the same choice over petrol prices.
Published on 1 Nov 2010 by C. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars calming, 5 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic Collection of Classics, 31 Dec 2010
Mr. J. Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 99 Darkest Pieces Of Classical Music (MP3 Download)
I enjoyed this collection immensely. How can you go wrong with such great composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, Wagner etc? As the album title suggests, these pieces of music are by and large quite serious, but the album is all the better for it. It is definetly good value for money, and I recommend it to anyone who is a serious collector of Classical Music. There are many familiar pieces of music on this album, and likewise, there are many works I am not at all familiar with - which makes it all the more enjoyable. Of Course I loved the popular works such as Beethoven's 5th, Mozart's Symphony No 25, Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyries" and Saint-Saens "Danse Macabre" - but even the less well known pieces are enticing, almost ethereal, and dare I say it, even Supernatural! Just one last thing. The artwork for this album is a definite winner. I like the Raven against the full moon backdrop and the bare trees. It looks nice, full screen in Windows Media Player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mp3 musical fun - great for xriving, 3 July 2013
I like the mp3 download option

A jumble of stern music that makes you react - so for me great for driving in the dark.

Others quite rightly mutter that knowing who is playing what by whom is not easy. Really, I could not care less. I just want it a bit louder and to go a bit faster. Enjoy! Cw

5.0 out of 5 stars 99 Darkest Hours, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: The 99 Darkest Pieces Of Classical Music (MP3 Download)
Contains some of the most beautiful and endurable musical pieces, this is a great album.and excellent value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 8 July 2013
This review is from: The 99 Darkest Pieces Of Classical Music (MP3 Download)
For the price this is great value. Lots of familiar pieces and some I hadn't heard before, but all worth having. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: The 99 Darkest Pieces Of Classical Music (MP3 Download)
Great performances of great music.

In response to an earlier review: No need to buy blind!
Click on a track in the listing and the detail screen shows the composer. You don't see it in the album track listing because "Composer" isn't one of the more commonly used MP3 tag fields. I've downloaded this compilation elsewhere and each track's MP3 tag does include the "Composer"; indeed, composer name is given in full e.g. Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky. This seems to be fairly standard with classical MP3s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 4 disc collection, 10 July 2014
Excellent 4 disc collection, Considering it's called Darkest Pieces there are some quite gentle pieces on the list

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful collection of music, 12 May 2014
I've always loved sombre/solemn music and this album features some of my favourite classical music. I wouldn't personally class all the pieces as "dark" as such but I can understand why some people might.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just amazing, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The 99 Darkest Pieces Of Classical Music (MP3 Download)
This album is simply brilliant.

So many pieces I've never heard before, and also some composers I've never heard of; like Arvo Pärt, Henryk Górecki, Andreas Mühlen, Samuel Barber, Zoltan Kodály, Krzysztof Penderecki, Léon BoŽllmann and Severin Blazer... as well as old favourites like Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Wagner, Vivaldi, JS Bach, Schubert, Stravinsky, Shostakovich, Rachmaninoff, Mussorgsky, Rossini, Grieg, Handel, Saint-SaŽns, Chopin, Prokofiev, Holst, Orff and Verdi. Plus there are Gregorian chants and also some composers I've not heard much from before like Satie, Berlioz, Bartók, Debussy, Albinoni, Brahms, Liszt and Bruckner.

All in all the best £5.49 I've spent in ages (I had a £1 Amazon credit and got the MP3 version), and with the ability to listen to them on my phone, tablet or computer from the Amazon Cloud I can take some of the most moving, breathtaking and memorable classical works with me wherever I go. I can't recommend this enough, there is something for everyone from seasoned classical "veterans" to those new to the genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Oct 2014