Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 September 2013
My first introduction to Fado was when I heard Ana Moura give an interview on Jazz FM; then bought the Desfado album and I was hooked. Coliseu was recommended to me on Amazon and it did not disappoint - this one was equally brilliant. For me, her wonderful voice carries off the mostly mournful tones of this music so well. But I definitely think it is a matter of individual taste because not many others in my household appreciate the sorrowful (yet seductive) tones of this genre of music, and esp how Ana represents it. For example, I find Ana's music more "uplifting and funky" than Mariza's style of Fado, yet Mariza is another popular Fado singer, who also has put a modern spin on this v traditional Portuguese music.
on 26 February 2015
Beautiful
on 3 February 2013
I am new to Fado and have never heard of Ana Moura so bought the disc 'sight unseen'.
I like her voice and enjoyed this compilation. It is easy listening. Unfortunately as I listen when in the car, I cannot do so with the script. so can only guess from the odd words/sentences I catch what the song is about, which is a pity because it would add depth and greater understanding to the Fado. Be that as it may, I still enjoyed the disc and would recommend it to anyone interested in Fado.