5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Edition - Worth the extra money!
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars More of the same...(not necessarily a bad thing)
Non "Country" critics may decry Taylor Swift; it may be that her lyrics rarely seem to stray from the stereotypical country topics, or if they do they are chiefly concerned with the latest boy who is giving her trouble; it may be that people feel her music is designed for and marketed to teenage girls; it maybe just the feeling that the modern day Nashville conveyer belt...
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by IWFIcon

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Edition - Worth the extra money!, 25 Oct 2010
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
First up; if your wondering which version to go for out of Speak Now(Normal) or Speak Now(Deluxe), I would really recommend you spending a few more pounds and getting the deluxe, especially if your a big Taylor Swift fan. What your're getting is 8 extra bonus songs (3 new songs, 2 acoustic & 3 US versions) + 2 videos, and trust me the new songs really are worth getting.

As for the bonus videos, I can't comment on them as for some reason my PC wont pick them up, but I think this is down to my PC, not the actual CD as this isn't the first album with videos on it that my computer can't pick up.

The best thing about this album is that it has a different feel to her previous album, some artists make each album sound the same, however Swift has managed to avoid that whilst keeping the feeling that you are listening to the same artist that you first loved, which really shows how good of an artist she really is.

All songs in my opinion are fantastic and are extremely enjoyable to listen too, songs vary from a soft country feeling and then suddenly you will get a song which has a blast of that heavy country feel... fantastic.

Overall, it's a solid album and I have to recommend it to not only all those Swift fans out their, but also too anyone who loves Country music.

5.0 out of 5 stars A white veil occasion..., 26 Oct 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
I'm a recent convert to Taylor Swift and I was nothing short of impressed with this album.

I was surprised to find a different kind of sound with some much darker and intense emotions but - it's all the more relatable because of it. The album begins "Mine" a song that could have easily been on Fearless as it follows a similar style and then as the album progresses we find darker songs such as "Haunted".

I'd say her song writing is more honest and developed, less names this time but the detail and imagery makes for some powerful listening. There is more exploration of feelings and as a listener you can sense a lot of genuine emotion. The work also strikes a nice balance of sweetness and light with songs such as; "Mean" and "Speak Now", which are amongst my favourites. As always with Taylor, any songs you don't initially take to will grow on you and I find there's always something to be taken from them.

Speak Now covers many different themes; falling in love, heartbreak and coming of age. I think Swift captures all of these very nicely and as always her music is an easy listen, with catchy melodies that will resound in your head long after you've stopped listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth paying for the deluxe edition, 26 Feb 2011
J. Watkin "Jessica09" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
The first I heard of Taylor Swift was 'Love Story' At first I wasn't a fan, but decided to buy 'Fearless' anyway, I was pleasently suprised by her music. The lyrics are very good, and for me and I imagine a lot of other people they are lyrics I can relate too. I found that the music grew on me so I purchased 'Taylor Swift' her debut album. Again, not as good as Fearless in my books, but a good album.

I had been looking foward to the release of 'Speak Now' for quite a long time and decided to purchase the deluxe edition. I purchased the deluxe edition with 'Fearless' and my favourite song of that album was one of the deluxe 'extras' So I was very glad I did. With 'Speak Now' I also found that some of my favourite songs were ones that wouldn't be included if I'd bought the non deluxe edition. On the strength of 'Superman' and 'Long Live' I would have paid the extra money just for them.

I'm going to break down the songs and what I think of them:

Mine 3/5: Not the best song on the album by a long shot, I kind of feel the same way as I do about 'Love Story' Pleasent enough but not her best.

Sparks Fly 5/5: The kind of song that I like to listen too when getting ready to go out or to go and see my boyfriend. It puts me in a good mood almost instantly. I love the lyrics and I love the feel of the song.

Back to December 3/5: Again, not the best on the album by far but a nice enough song with nice lyrics and a good tune. Apparently about her relationship with Taylor Lautner.

Speak Now 5/5: A sweet, tongue in cheek song with a story. I like the way a lot of her songs tell a story and this one is just fabulous, with lyrics like 'Wearing a gown like a pastry' You can't help but love it.

Dear John: 4/5: A rather long song apparently directed at John Meyer who has long been speculated as a bit of a love rat (But a wonderful musician!) Although Taylor Swift never confirms or denies who her songs are directed at the guitar in the background sounds a LOT like something out of one of John Mayers songs, you can almost feel the angst/heartache in the lyrics and her voice and I like the way it is obviously a song she feels and has felt. A song a lot of girls can relate too.

Mean 5/5: I love this song, I listened to it again and and again after a break up and it cheered me up no end. Its a catchy little tune with again, wonderful lyrics.

The Story of Us 4/5: Another good song, with well thought out lyrics. Taylor proves time and time again that she's a truly talented musician and lyricist.

Never Grow Up 5/5: A sweet and gentle song, as usual slightly autobiographical as there are references to what I assume are her mother. A lovely message is sent out in this song and I think its lovely.

Enchanted 5/5: This is one of my favourites of the album. I love the subject matter, I love the lyrics, I love the tune. The lyrics at the end 'Please dont be in love with someone else' You can tell that Taylor Swift writes from the heart.

Better than Revenge 4/5: I enjoy this song as it is what I feel a revenge song. Apparently about Camille Bell, the girl Joe Jonas left Taylor Swift for. Speculation says this is a song in response to Joe Jonas's song which states 'Now I'm done with superstars, and all the tears on her guitar'.

Innocent 2/5: The one song I don't like on this album. Sometimes Taylor Swift songs are 'growers' and they take a few listens. I've tried to listen to it more than once but for some reason I don't like this song at all.

Last Kiss 5/5: The first time I heard this I nearly cried, Its such a beautiful song about a break up, something a lot of us can relate too.

Long Live 5/5: Beautiful lyrics, cheerful song. Another one of my favourites on the album.

DELUXE EDITION TRACKS

Ours 4/5: A song about not caring about what others think of her relationships etc. I like this song, again its not the best but its catchy.

If this was a movie 5/5: Another song I related too on a personal level, about when you wish things were like the movies. The guy showing up on your doorstep in the middle of the night begging for forgiveness. Taylor Swift may be a super star but she seems to have her fair share of heartache and break ups and this song like all of hers shows shes a human being. A beautiful song.

Superman: My favourite song of the album.

All the rest of the content is different versions of songs already on the album, a music video and a making of. All good content and worth having.

This album was worth the wait and I would definatley go for the deluxe edition. Happy Listening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 18 Nov 2010
James Barnard (Walpole Highway, CAMBS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
I was very much looking forward to Taylor Swift's new album and it is absolutely fantastic as always! Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
This CD is great and has been on repeat since I purchased it. A really good variety of songs and with so much heart. 'Dear John' is so good I wonder if 'John' has managed to leave the house since hearing it! Also 'enchanted' is so beautiful,is this about Taylor Lautner I wonder?? And I think my all time favourite is 'mean' We've all met mean people and you can relate so well to this song, I hope she releases this as a single. I'm a very happy purchaser and can't wait to see her at the NEC in March!

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is fantastic!, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
This album is fantastic! Taylor has kept her individuality while managing to keep me listening throughout the entire album, over and over again. With great songs like 'Back to December' and 'Mean' I think that Taylor has done exceptionly well.

I was quite surprised when listening to this album to see that Taylor seems to have leaned slightly more towards pop than country but this doesn't make the album more or less amazing than it already is. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 out of 10!, 21 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
This album blows Fearless out of the water, she had more "kick-ass" songs on it than the last but also some very deep meaningful songs, she really is a very talented writer and i love all her songs, "last kiss" and "better than revenge" are always on repeat on my ipod :) 10 out of 10, a wonderful job :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps Getting Better, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
I love Taylor Swift, have all her albums and have seen her live. Her music is fantastic. Fearless (her second album) is probably one of my all time favourites so the fact that I rate her new one as almost that good is something special. The album is a grower, initially lacking the wow factor of fearless and the platinum bonus tracks. It's been on loop since day one and all the songs are very likeable. Speak Now isn't as consistently good as Fearless but when it does deliver the good songs are alot better (Mine, Enchanted and Speak Now). Given a few more plays Speak Now may surpass Fearless. Taylor's writting ability is more fun and her songs more varied in this release, a step up from fearless is everyway yet just lacks it's charm. If you liked Fearless, Speak Now is more of the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Taylor Swift Is Flawless, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (Audio CD)
I love this album! An instant winner. You don't need to listen to it over and over to love it just one listen will do. Loads of sweet ballads and a couple of more up tempo, fun songs. I think I've almost worked out who all her songs from this album are about. 'Better than revenge' is the bitchiest I've ever heard her, excellent song!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It! (:, 15 Nov 2010
This review is from: Speak Now (MP3 Download)
After I listened to the first 5 songs, I thought Taylor Swift was a bit moany, whingey, moaning about her love life and my immediate thought was she sure does get around!
But no, I was so wrong, I kept listening and I have now listened to the album loads of times and I absolutely love it. Its catchy and upbeat.
I first feared it was not as good as fearless, no it is better!
Buy and enjoy!