5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fan!
bought this because I was under the impression that intel's stock one wasn't great.
just finished installing and tested it and i'm really impressed with the performance!
The test was done using Prime95's full stress test, waiting 4 minutes for the CPU/Core Temp Readings.
CPU: intel Core i5 760 2.8Ghz @ 2.8Ghz
With Intel Stock Cooler:
no load: CPU...
Published on 22 Oct 2011 by Andrea Pedrazzini

3.0 out of 5 stars Great cooler if you manage to mount it up
This cooler comes with two diferent mounting racks (AMD and Intel). Intel rack works fine (tho it may by inconvinient and a bit tricky to fit it if you are a beginner). AMD mounting rack is made of metal and also can cause problems to "newbies. Mounting point (coolers arms to be fitted into the rack) is made of cheap and "bendy" metal so I suggest to simply use a CLIP...
Published on 18 Jun 2012 by pogarda

No Load: CPU Temp - 40 C
Core Temp (avg) - 36 C
Full Load: CPU Temp - 50 C
Core Temp (avg) - 46 C
I will soon be testing the CPU for overclocking and will let you know the results!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and quiet!, 31 Mar 2011
David Pattern "davepattern" (Huddersfield, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
I'm running an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition in an ASUS M4A785D-M Pro motherboard. With the stock AMD cooler, CPU temps rose to around 55'C (with CPU core temps rising to 48'C) under 100% load. With this cooler, and it's fan running at full-speed (2200RPM), I'm seeing a max CPU temp of 44'C and a max core temp of 35'C.

Even at full-speed, the cooler fan is barely audible. In fact, with my case fans switched off, there's just a very gently hum.

Fitting the cooler was straightforward and just took a couple of minutes, and I didn't even need to remove the motherboard from the case to fit it.

As you can probably tell from the product photo, Arctic have modified the design so that the heatsink shouldn't cause problems with nearby memory modules.

This cooler should give you a little bit of headroom for overclocking, but probably not too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a huge difference for both temperature and noise., 12 July 2013
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
I bought this to replace the stock AMD cooler for my Phenom II X4 965 CPU (running as standard... Not overclocked).

The stock AMD cooler was running at around 45 degrees at idle (2,500rpm) and 58 degrees after 10 minutes at 100% CPU use (5,500rpm - very loud).

I also tried an Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 Pro cooler, which also ran at 45 degrees at idle (1,000rpm) and was much quieter. But at 100% CPU use the temperature was up at 70 degrees within a couple of minutes. The fan was quiet at 2,200rpm max speed, but the temperature was rising and it was unable to control it so I had to stop the test.

The 'Freezer 13' cooler is fantastic - it idles at 1700RPM where it's nearly silent and the cpu temperature is only 32 degrees. At 100% CPU use it reaches its maximum speed of 2200RPM where it's still very quiet, and even after 30 minutes the temperature is only 44 degrees (1 degree less than the stock cooler at idle!)

It is also relatively simple to fit and because it sits quite high it doesn't interfere with RAM modules. Although it is pretty big so you might struggle to get it in some cases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps cool, pig to fit., 2 July 2011
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
I'm using this in conjunction with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, on an Gigabyte GA-MA770-ES3 motherboard. Case is a Coolermaster Elite 430. It's the first time I've used a third party cooler.

Fitting was problematic inside the case. It was just to fiddly to keep the brackets straight around the retention frame lugs and manipulate the small screw. Unless you get it exactly right, the cooler is just loose (and therefore useless).

After much removal and reapplication of thermal paste, reseating, failing and swearing I bit the bullet and decided to remove the motherboard and mount the cooler outside of the case. It was a success. I could see what I was doing and make fine adjustments. I suspect that this fiddly fitment is not that unusual for 'universal' fitting coolers.

I reckon the temperature with this cooler has dropped about 10 degrees C and it is much quieter than the stock item. Also worth noting, it clears my RAM next to the cooler and fan (2 sticks of Corsair XMS2 DDR2) but only just.

I've overclocked the CPU to a modest 3.5GHz. Idle temperature is 27C, under load with prime95 (large FFT) 49C. Room temperature is 22C. Fan under load spins 1885 rpm producing low hum.

With the AMD mounting, the fan is at the lower edge (near the northbridge) blowing upwards. I have an exhaust fan on the top of the case directly above the cooler (as well as two other exhausts and one input). The warm air exiting this fan certainly is confirmation this cooler is doing it's job.

In conclusion, I think that this cooler is good value for money and does a good job. However, fitting can be a pain and you would be well advised to have some spare thermal paste remover, surface cleanser and thermal paste just in case things don't go to plan first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for CiT Vantage Gaming case, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
Previously, I wasn't using a stock cooler, however it was a budget replacement. This worked well at idle (33c) but under load with Prime95 I was getting temperatures up to 70-75 which I was not comfortable with so decided to go with this little gem.

Contrary to other reviews, I found this cooler very easy to fit! the push pins are self explanatory and I like the fact that you are able to mount the holding frame first which made life a lot easier than my previous cooler and then simply screw in the heatsink and attach then fan.
I had to look on the internet to find out which way the fan blow to ensure I angled it towards the exhaust fan of my case as there were no instructions on this in the box. (FYI - the fan blows through the heatsink and out -maybe this was obvious, however I've not used an 'upright' cooler before and this is my second ever fitting of any type of cooler!)

Quick note, I chose this cooler due to the size requirement (13.5 cm height) to fit my case. if anyone else has a CiT Vantage case from amazon (red / blue LED one) then I can confirm this fits with about a cm to spare due to the case fans. If you have this kind of case and are thinking about getting a cooler, I wholeheartedly recommend this cooler, I think many others will be too big and as you can see by the performance, this is a great bit of kit.

------Performance------

relavent system specs:
i5 3230 @ 3.3ghz
gigabyte mobo (socket 1155)
550w PSU
(old cooler - AVC's standard intel based cooler)

previous - idle 31c / load (Prime95) 70-75c
Freezer 13 - idle 26c / load (Prime95) 40-45c (using pre-applied paste - I will update if I ever change this)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value and perfomance, 25 Mar 2014
mirko (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
Easy to install, you just need a longish star screwdriver. Heatsink past is pre applied.
Brought my Haswell i3-4330 cpu idle temps down to 28C. Fan is very quiet, I can't even hear it at all in the closed case.

The only thing I don't like about is is the the cooler is quite heavy considering that it doesn't come with a backplate. However
that is also an advantage as it makes it easier to install. However I wouldn't use it in a PC that will be transported often out of fear
it might damage the motherboard with its weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a cool unit!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
Brought it because of its low price but the unit is pretty good. It is very quiet and I use it with an AMD FX-8350 in a tiny case (Fractal Core-1000) and the pc is used as a render workstation for 3DS Max so the processor is on full speed for most of the time. On idle the temperature shows only a couple of degrees above room temperature and at full load nothing more than 40 degrees C or about 18-20 degrees above room temp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
Works perfect!! CPU from 2.83 overlooked to 3.4GHz but the temperature decreased from over 70 degree to around 35 after using this fan!

Excellent product! Absolutely recommend to anyone who consider overlocking CPU.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
Bought this to replace the stock heatsink and fan on my AMD Phenom II X4 Quad 955 which tends to run noisy under any load. Probably not the easiest to install as I didn't find the instructions overly useful for the AMD side of things and there isn't much clearence from the memory. However, now it's in I notice a huge difference in the amount of noise and the processor is definitely running cooler than it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cooler, 26 Aug 2011
M. J. Carter - See all my reviews
This review is from: ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler (Personal Computers)
this freezer is fitted on my set up and it just does what it says on the packet "keeps it cool" I have watched the temps of all four cores when even under extreme pressure and they stay well within the limits so that cant be bad I would buy from this again when building my next system. Also full marks to PALICOMP for using this cooler will use again

ARTIC Cooling Freezer 13 CPU Cooler