Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 27 April 2014
I am a huge family guy fan and this was the only dvd I did not have so I thought lets pay the bit extra for the limited edition, and it was worth it, the episode it great but the t shirt and collectors cards are brilliant.

also in there is a copy of the script signed by seth mcfarlane, which in itself is worth the extra money.

so yeah I highly recommend it to any family guy fan
on 28 June 2011
Virtually everyone will have now heard of Family Guy at some point, and it's one of those things that seems to split people down the middle.

I'm obviously in the camp of 'love it to bits!!' and anyone who comes here to complain about Family Guy is wasting their time, cos those who get it, love it! Sure it's much of the same thing, but hell, that's no bad thing!
I used to be a huge Simpsons fan (yes, I know, another Family Guy/Simpsons comparison) and originally ignored Family Guy cos I just didn't think it was as good. But it eventually hooked me in until I was desperate for the second series not to be the last! And here we are, 9 series and several spin-offs later, and personally I find it just as fresh as it ever has been, continually pushing the boundaries of what is funny, whilst the Simpsons has stagnated and seems only to continue out of habit.

Yes, there are lots of recurring jokes and themes in Family Guy, but they always contain a new twist whilst rewarding the long-term fan for their dedication by giving them these 'in-jokes'. Perhaps this is what puts off newcomers to the series, but if that's the case, I strongly recommend you go back to the very first series and work through it from there!

Plus, the love and craft that goes into Family Guy is to be found nowhere more than in this latest chapter of the Star Wars spoof! Even the front cover is testimont to that; lovingly drawn to the style of the original movie, showing great respect for it's creators, whilst poking ever-so subtle (and often not at all subtle!) fun at the franchise.

Anyone who has enjoyed the previous chapters of this seperate feature series will find more of the same here, and if you're like me, you will only find that a good thing. Although I must say, it also helps to refresh your memory by watching the original Star Wars film before trying this to pick up the more subtle references!!
Now, go buy! :D
on 18 January 2014
Family Guys final rendition of the original Star Wars trilogy, Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

This limited edition contains: Its A Trap Blu-Ray, fold out case, collectors cards, It's A Trap script signed by Seth MacFarlane & It's A Trap t-shirt (sized Large)
on 27 January 2015
The cast really were tired of the series by this point and it does show. However, it's still well worth a watch. I especially liked the inclusion of Klaus the goldfish from American Dad as Admiral Akbar.
on 13 July 2011
The Limited edition comes with a T-shirt, which looks a lot like the box cover only better. I haven't found any use for the Collectors cards included, but the printed copy of the script is worth a quick read through.

Overall, it's worth buying the Limited Edition, if only so you can show off the t-shirt to your friends. I have marked this down a star, as I don't see any point in the collectors cards, and the box itself is bulky, and does not fit in with all my other DVD's & Blu-rays - I would have liked the Disc in a standard DVD or Blu-ray case really.

It's a must watch for any Family Guy fan, or even Star Wars fans with a sense of humour, especially if you've seen the previous two 'themed' stories: "Blue Harvest" & "Something, Something, Dark Side". They effectively cover Episodes 4 (A New Hope), 5 (The Empire Strikes Back) & 6 (Return of the Jedi) of the Star Wars films, but with a Family Guy humorous twist.
on 27 January 2016
Although i felt abit let down in the last episode of this saga and the opening credits although hilarious didnt fill me with hope for this episode i actually found this a huge improvement on Something Darkside. Funny jokes and more references return along with visual comedy and entire team mucks into laugh and mock each other and their own work. And by the end of it you actually walk away smiling and laughing as much as you did in the first instalment. I wish they would reconsider doing the prequel trilogy but i dont think thats going to happen.
on 29 December 2010
So pleased with this Blu ray and DVD. Would make a superb collectors item with everything still boxed. The only problem is the T shirt. You can't choose a size of the shirt but other than that, it is good. Fast shipping aswell.
When Family Guy first did their Star Wars rip-off (Blue Harvest) it was great. Then they did Something, Something, Dark Side and that was pretty cool too. The Return of the Jedi end-piece was almost inevitable.

It's strange, throughout the parody, they keep making jokes about how they were forced into doing this and apologising for how it turned out and that it was inferior to the others. I found that quite a bold step for any film-maker. It was different. It was slightly amusing, but, overall, it was true.

`It's A Trap' is Return of the Jedi through Family Guy's eyes. It's not as good as the other two, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I laughed plenty of times and smiled the rest of the way. The only thing is you may see some of the jokes coming and this entry into the Family Guy universe is unlikely to win over any new fans to either their show or Star Wars. You have to have watched both mediums pretty closely to get the full benefit.

Bottom line: if you like Family Guy or Star Wars then watch it. If not, you may wonder what it's all about.
on 9 February 2011

The first time I watched this, I was very disappointed. Although, it was probably due to the fact that my expectations were so high.

A few people have accepted this, because during the opening scene Seth McFarlane tells you to drop all expectations, apologises and admits it's not great. Releasing this knowing it wasn't good, and could have been better, is a bit of a kick in the teeth for me. This did have great potential, and whilst I admit I didn't like it the first time, it did grow on me. There's a lot of subtle jokes which I'm sure have flown straight over people's heads.

I'm definitely glad I got this and added it to my collection. Some people will enjoy this and other's will have high exceptions and finish severely disappointed.
on 6 March 2011
For a limited-edition package, this has certainly got a lot of awesome stuff. However, in terms of the feature itself it leaves you somewhat disappointed. After the previous two Star Wars parodies I had expected this to be just as good if not better. Yet somehow it doesn't even come close. There are no stand-out scenes that you want to see again and again. The only bit that does stick in my mind is Han Solo's uncontrollable flatulence upon being released from the carbonite, which just about sums it all up for you.