5.0 out of 5 stars If wish I had learned about this years ago
Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for pudding lovers!!!
Published on 19 Oct. 2010 by Mrs. D. Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars If wish I had learned about this years ago, 30 Oct. 2010
Having dieted in many ways, some extreme, some unhealthy, many involving deprivation and an accompanying sense of desperation and hunger, I wish I had learned about The Dukan Diet a long time ago. This diet would be perfect for bodybuilders, it epitomises the ideal, high protein, clean diet, low in carbs but somehow satisfying, that I would have given my right arm for years ago when I was involved in competition.

After an accident, I gained a few stone a few years ago, I wanted to lose the remaining few pounds that have stubbornly remained despite my now having reasonable level of fitness.

This four-stage diet appears to be doing the trick. It isn't like Atkins in that it is low fat, so don't be fooled into making any superficial comparisons. It is structured and well thought out and there is enough variety offered to satisfy all but the most pernickety palate. The only observation I would make is that it would be tough for a strict vegetarian or vegan to follow, but by no means impossible.

There are of course issues with a high protein diet, especially in the early stages, and Dr. Dukan is very clear about the problems that arise from a low fibre intake, but this is only for a short while. You do need to actually read the book, rather than simply skip to the precis of each stage of the diet. There are useful hints and tips, warnings, and guidelines which will assist you in losing any excess you choose. So long as you drink sufficient water and follow the recommendations and suggestions, this will work. Oh and some of the recipes are great!

This regime puts you in charge. Whether you want to lose 10lbs or have been too heavy for a while and want to do something about it, this is the way to go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Dukan Diet Recipe Book, 14 Nov. 2010
i bought this book with the Dukan Diet book, but to be honest you will be ok with just the Diet book as it contains may recipes which are duplicated in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dukan Diet Recipe Book - great results.Diet which is working, 29 Nov. 2010
My husband (38 y.o) has never been intresting in any diet plan, even for the past few years he put a lot of weight, he always believed that he looks great. However this September, he realised that he is not Medium size any more, and now he is wearing clothes which are XL-XLL sizes. So he decided to do something, firstly, he bought a bicycle, but after 2 weeks his bicicle moved permanenly to the shed. So, basically, this option to loose some weight did not work for him.
In the begining of September, he bought Dukan Diet book, because one co-worker recommended it. My husband said that his co-worker lost half of his weight, because he followed Dukan diet.
I have to admit I did not believe it would work for him, but after 2 months he lost a lot. His weight was 117kg and now he is 95kg, and he is on 2nd stage of Ducan plan. The receipes are so simple, easy and quickly to cook. Great for busy (wifes!!!)people.
As he lost some weight, our friends began to ask questions about Dukan diet. So he gave them book to read. Now 2 of our friends, (28y.o and 55y.o) decided to join him. I have to admit, that this diet is working, for them as well.

Great discovery!! 1st week is the hardest,stresfull for both parties.

When we have to go out for dinner, he always orders grill steak, vegetables or baked fish. So we still can go out as family, even he is on diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic diet recipe book, 1 Nov. 2010
Started the Dukan diet and the weight came off fairly easily but the food got repetitive. I ordered the Dukan Diet Recipe Book and the weight is still coming off and the diet is now easier to stick to because of the variation of food in the many different easy recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Oct. 2010
The book is very helpful and I have lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks, the recipes are tasty.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I can Ukan !!!!!, 4 July 2011
This book is the easiest I have ever used. Have tried all the usual diets , Weight Watchers etc but this is great.I have lost seven pounds without a lot of effort. If there is a downside it is the cost ,meat ,fish in particular. again it will be worth it and I have already persuaded two friends to embark on this regime.

Your sincerely
Anne Harris

PS, dont tell everyone , I'm 74 years old and very fit but just need to lose a few pounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the diet., 22 May 2011
Im loving this book which has made it much easier for me to 'get' the diet.
Im on day 6 of the attack phase and have lost 7.5lb's I only wnated to lose 1 stone so Im very happy.
Some others have said just buy this book as the main Dukan book doesnt tell you anymore and although I think you could get by I really tink the main book is a great buy.
Personally I like to understand the theory behind the process and the main book does just that.

I have followed a few of the recipes and they have all been delicious . The only negative I can think of is a few pictures and set out more like a recipe book (i.e Jamie Oliver etc) would make it more appealing but I suspect this is because a lot off the recipes I have followed dont exactly look appealing but did taste great.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dukan Diet Recipe Book....exceeded my expectations, very clearly written., 25 Oct. 2010
Barbara P. Moore (Atlanta,GA) - See all my reviews
Easy to read, less difficult to prepare..
Grouped according to phases:
A very new approach to helping obese people.

5.0 out of 5 stars dukan diet book, 9 Oct. 2011
well iv been on the dukan diet for the past two months with a outcome better than i thought ! iv lost two stone in two months , it was hard work at first trying to think about what i can and cannot eat and cook so this is why i bought the dukan diet recipe book, the book has loads of lovely and very easy dishes to make, it teaches you how to cook high protein meals and cakes and puddings mmm one of the reasons for buying (a sweet tooth) it also gives you recipes for your cross over days ie:- protein veg/ fruit days. i was impressed with how you could bake a cake with no carbs in at all like nanas cake mmm made with cornflour eggs and yogurt its lovely you can also add flavourings of your choice, there is also a great little quick chocolate topping or spread to using low fat cocoa powder sweetner and egg yolks mix together and you get a great chocolate no fat spread, this diet is all about protien there is no calories to count or points or fats its just open the book choose a recipe cook and eat and thats that, how easy is that, so i would say if you are thinking of starting the dukan diet then i would advice anyone to get the cook book to it takes all the thinking out of it !
hope this helps
good luck

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for pudding lovers!!!, 19 Oct. 2010
Mrs. D. Dixon (UK) - See all my reviews
Please buy this book if you want some decent ideas for main meals. Definately don't buy this book if you're missing sweet desserts/puddingS because you won't find a decent recipe apart from the custards and those you can find in the Dukan Diet book!!!! Disappointing isn't the word but heyho! It was pudding love that got me into this mess but it won't be Dukan puds that get me out of it! However 4 and a half stone off since 2nd June shows that the basic diet works so - WHO NEEDS PUDDING? NOT ME! :)

The Dukan Diet Recipe Book