VINE VOICEon 10 July 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have always found it hard to make good pancakes but this crepe maker trully does make it a lot easier. It is very easy to use and I have been able to make quality pancakes from the very first use.

A major downside I see with this, though, is its size. It is a very large unit and we simply don't have enough space in our kitchen for it meaning it can't be left out, it needs to be put away after every use.
on 6 July 2014
I have owned this now for about 2 years and have finally figured out how to make perfect pancakes...

Do NOT use any butter or oil when cooking. When you put the mixture on and spread it out, you need the pan to be sticky so that the batter spreads and doesn't pick up on itself.

Once the pancake is cooked, the non-stick coating works and it slides around easy.

Use a heat setting of about 3.5.

Fantastic appliance if you know how to use it. No problems at all and we use it a lot.

Don't forget - NO BUTTER!!!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's true this isn't essential if you've got a decent frying pan, but it does make it a lot easier to make even pancakes without burning them or leaving half of them on the pan. The downside is that while it heats up quickly, it takes what seems like an eternity to cool down, and you really do have to be careful around it in case you burn yourself. The other big problem, as others have noted, is the size: unless you're a pancake and crepe addict and will be using this every day, this takes up a lot of space and isn't the easiest to store. Still, they've included a few recipes as well to give you incentive to make use of it more often... though you'll certainly need to get another spreader if you do since the one provided doesn't stand up to much reuse.

It's more of a convenience than an essential, but as such it's undeniably convenient.
on 25 January 2014
Received this as a Christmas present and love it! It's very light and easy to store. It also heats up quickly and seems to have a very even heat. It's also easy to clean, with just a wipe of a cloth.

I'm on a gluten free diet, so I make up a batter with 250g of gluten free flour, 1 egg, 375ml of milk and some seasoning, then fill the crepes with goats cheese, sun dried tomatoes, red onion and spinach - yum! This makes about 5 crepes and keeps in the fridge for a couple of days.

Using the spreader for the crepe batter takes a bit of getting used to and I've had a couple of disasters, but I discovered that the crepe batter spreads more easily if you don't have the temperature too high. I now spread the batter at the 2.5 setting, then put it up to 3.5 or so once it has been spread.

It's really useful to get one of these long thin spatulas to flip over the crepe, but best to get a non stick one rather than a metal one so that you don't scratch the non stick coating (like I did!)

I've also used this to make lovely thin omelettes and it's much easier (and looks more professional) than it does when I use a frying pan.

Highly recommended if you want to make crepes, pancakes or omelettes easily and reliably.
on 15 November 2012
Love this gadget. It works like a dream and has actually paid for itself as I got hooked on tuna and sweetcorn crepes from my local creperie costing £3.75 a time. I can make them as good as them and theyre so easy to make on this made for the task machine 100% success rate! Keep the frying pan for bacon etc and get one of these for your crepes. well pleased!
on 1 March 2014
Makes perfect crepes and Scottish dropped scones with little effort and mess. Much better than using a crepe frying pan.
on 18 February 2013
Happy children as they can make their own pancakes safely , easy to use and easy to clean. You won't be disappointed
on 13 December 2013
First attempt were very successful. I thought it might be really hot and fast but it does give you plenty of time to make and spread out. I
on 30 July 2012
Really good pancake maker. Has different heat settings that allow you to either cook, keep warm or warm up pre-cooked pancakes. Quicker cooking time compared with traditional cast iron pan. Used at a fete and was able to warm waffles up on it too...Very handy. Good value for money.
on 10 February 2016
If you eat pancakes or omelettes, this Breville VTP130 Traditional Crepe Maker is just about the easiest and fuss-free way to make them.

Just switch it on about five minutes before you want to cook. Then dab a bit of melted butter onto some scrunched up kitchen roll and wipe it over the plate. You only need the thinnest of coatings.

It really is 'non-stick' too. I love how everything you're cooking slides around on the hot plate.

When you're done, power off and leave for twenty minutes to cool. It's also genuinely wipe clean. Just a wet kitchen towel to wipe of any residual food and grease and that's it.

I began to think of what else I could cook on it too. Bacon? Sausages? fried vegetables? Whilst I'm sure I could - it's certainly hot enough - I think you'd probably want to keep away from foods that 'spit' whilst cooking. There's no lid, for one :)

Anyway. A great little invention that makes my life that bit more convenient and less messy. Five out of five!