5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle
Quiet when boiling (compared to my previous Russel Hobbs kettle). You can read the water level from either side, so left or right hand filling is easy; but fill through the spout, not the lid. Very light for it's capacity. We bought two, one for the wife's mother, we all like this kettle, rating it as one of the best we have owned.
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Mr. J. Hooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Can pour two cups at the same time!
This kettle holds a good volume, boils quite quickly and is reasonably quiet. Don't know if it's just mine, but drips lots while pouring. If you placed another cup behind I think you could pour two at a time!
Published on 30 April 2012 by Kerry Sawers

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, 22 Jun 2012
Mr. J. Hooley "John H" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Breville VKJ405 Silver Illuminated Jug Kettle (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 20 Jun 2012
C. C. Fisher (UK) - See all my reviews
Read lots of reviews for different kettles, mostly saying that they tasted of plastic or were noisy, slow to boil etc., I followed the instructions about boiling it first a couple of times then it did just what I wanted it to, no bother, no nasty taste and is a welcome addition to my kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Difference in colour then advertised., 8 Oct 2012
I had no obvious problems with this kettle however I have only had it so far for a day, boils up great but not as fast as I would have liked. Did the usual things as recommended in the manual to do a couple of boils before use.

However I wasn't too happy about the overall look of the kettle as this is what attracted me to it in the first place. The blue light is a darker blue and the silver is darker too. I wouldn't recommend this kettle on looks as it doesn't really match up to what's advertised, I think I'd rather have a black kettle with a blue light.

Where you put the water in is a bit small they could of made this bigger, needs a jug to fill it, rather then straight from the tap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Breville Kettle, 31 Aug 2012
It looks good, it works good, but it took a long, long time to lose the plastic taste. I boiled it three times initially to clean it out, changing water and rinsing between each boil, but it has taken at least two weeks in use, several times a day, to lose that overpowering taste.

3.0 out of 5 stars Can pour two cups at the same time!, 30 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville ilver Illuminated Jug Kettle, 4 Mar 2012
Am delighted with this product. It looks attractive and is nice and light to handle - some modern kettles are extremely heavy.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK kettle, 13 Feb 2012
Took my time looking for the right kettle. This kettle is OK not the best it doesn't really boil quickly and tends to spill when pouring into cups.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit Rubbish, 17 Sep 2012
I have never reviewed anything but felt I needed to with regards to this.

The filter does not go up to the top of the lip so limescale still gets through - expect some crunchy bits in your tea if you get this.

The lid is a bit tempermental also, doesnt flip up when you press the button.

We've only had this for about a month and we are already looking for a replacement.

Avoid this kettle! Spend your money on something better, which will probably not be difficult

5.0 out of 5 stars Jug Kettle, 31 Aug 2012
Since the days of "Made in Germany" jug kettles seems to be over, it now seems necessary to purchase one every two years so this Breville has replaced the almost two year old previous kettle. For the money this is a very usable item, the water level is easy to see for left as well as right handed people and the noise level is acceptable. The pleasant blue lit interior indicates that the kettle is on.
Two minor criticisms would be that the lid aperture is fairly small and it takes quite a time for the kettle to switch off after the water has boiled. But the great plus points are that it does not leak and the handle is superb for lifting. I would have another when the universal Chinese element gives up in a couple of years time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pours poorly, 24 April 2013
S. Bailey (Newton Abbot, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This kettle was sold as a rapid boiling quiet kettle, I would not describe it as either. Its most irritating feature is the badly designed spout pours water all over the table top, no matter how carefully you try to pour the water, I always have a cloth handy when making a coffee.
I would buy one of another make as soon as I can afford it, assuming of course I can find one that is better designed.