4.0 out of 5 stars Good hardware, beware of TomTom Home
I got this because it did everything I wanted, had LIVE but wasn't as expensive as the Go models. Turned it on, found GPS very quickly and downloaded traffic updates brilliantly.

Then I did what was asked and tried to update the maps and the firmware with TomTom HOME....I have a Vista machine and it all went fine, said that it had downloaded all of the updates...
Published on 9 Aug 2009 by Michael Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Problems with updates and product support
I have used this product for almost a month and it has been perfect... regularly connecting to Tomtom Home via my laptop I receive the latest map updates, speed cameras etc. I connected on Wednesday 7th July and one of the updates was a "vital upgrade" of the Tomtom software itself... from then on I have been unable to connect to the Live Services (HD Traffic and fuel...
Published on 11 July 2010 by Chris Matthews

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 30 July 2010
Actually, I m happy but not impressed, it s "TomTom", u might expect more from such a famous brand, it is fine, accurate maps, and clear images, and I m happy with the live services BUT occasionally restart on its own, slow on replanning where time is too tight for that; u are approaching a U-turn and it didn't take decision yet (replanning ur route), and I m not happy as well with method of fixation on the windscreen, Thanks Guys, enjoy travelling :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars TomTom XL Live IQ routes europe, 16 May 2010
K. Walton (Fareham, UK) - See all my reviews
The HD live traffic info is really good on a long trip. Several nice features including a google search which allows you to locate things like restaurants or pubs when you are in an unfamiliar place. Very intuitive an easy to use. On the down side the offset mini USB plug in the unit is a rubbish design and fiddly to connect, occasionally the unit sems to freeze when loading a route then reboots itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sep 2014
excellent

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Sat Nav Terrible Design, 5 July 2011
I got this item as a replacement for a faulty unit. If I'd know the design flaw I'd have got my money back. If you're a user that likes to remove your sat nav from your car when you leave it, get ready for a real pain as the mount is intergal, so you have to remove the whole thing mount and all. Forget about adjusting it once to the perfect position you have to do it every time you get in the car. Shame device is great but let down so badly by the stupid mount design.

Tomtom say the mount can be removed but you have to turn the mount 90 degrees can't do that when attached to the window!

Sorry Tomtom, one 10 year loyal customer looking else were.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly good product, 20 Dec 2009
I offered this GPS to my boyfriend for his birthday and he's very pleased with it.
I used it too and it's very simple and user-friendly to use even though I didn't read the user manual.
Very long to set up the first time but everything has worked fine.
During the last update we could download Homer Simpson's voice to guide us! Not very useful but fun!
When driving sometimes it loses the satelites and recalculates for a few minutes which is not very convenient but I guess that normal.

1.0 out of 5 stars European buyers don't buy a TOMTOM on Amazon.co.uk, 1 Mar 2011
This product is available to buy for buyers in Europe (outside the UK). Normally when you buy a product over amazon.co.uk and you ship it outside the UK you receive a socket that fits. Not in the case of TomTom.

The car plug that you receive will not fit in a car outside the UK. The STG 10 Voucher also cannot be used by non British consumers because you can only apply it to a UK address.

So TomTom offers this product to non British people and they will ship it to you, but the TomTom cannot be used.

"The reference number for your query is 110222-003577.
I would like to inform you that the voucher can only be used on the TomTom UK website.
As informed earlier, you have purchased the TomTom for Italy at Amazon.co.uk. Therefore you need to contact Amazon.co.uk for replacement of car charger."

4.0 out of 5 stars Via Live 125, 19 Mar 2011
Mr. S. Wilson (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I upgraded from my last Tom Tom which had served me well for several years and despite reservations about the mount on the Via Live I am happy with it. Although Tom Tom Home was never the best software for integrating with the device, it's still ahead of the latest incarnation which doesn't have all the features of the previous one. It also doesn't like Macs at present. That aside it's a great piece of kit and I would recommend it to you if you can't afford the GO Live 1005 which has a much better detachable mount

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom XL live, 31 Oct 2010
Replacement for Ipaq version, which I couldn't update
Pleased to receive and had no difficulty downloading upto date maps as some other people had experienced, the voucher that came with new purchase I also received eventually having emailed Tom Tom help

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Tom XL Live Europe sat nav, 6 Sep 2009
Mr. Andrew Watters (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Occasional blip in not recognising streets in Edinburgh area that have been in existence for a year or so, but overall very happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars late and broken, 29 Dec 2010
J. stepinska - See all my reviews
I wanted a new sat nav for my boyfriend for Christmas,What a disappointment when he realized it is not working without a charger and makes funny noises.I was really upset.

‹ Previous | 123 24 25 | Next ›