5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all-round CD with something for everyone
At last an updated CBeebies album! My children have about worn out the previous album and I think this one will go the same way. A really good mix of songs, with more up to date titles.

A few 'classics' still remain like Little Robots, Bob the Builder and so on, but newer show title tracks like Gigglebiz, I can cook, Kerwhizz and Zingzilla's are now included...
Published on 9 Dec 2010 by Ms M

2.0 out of 5 stars Caution - irritatingly slowed down tracks
I bought this cd having been previously very satisfied with the last Cbeebies album. Unfortunately, I didn't read the reviews about the slowing down of the tracks and I have to say that about a quarter of the tracks have been tampered with. I personally find it highly irritating but my 4 and 2 year old have not complained so far! The previous yellow Cbeebies cd is vastly...
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by K Grime

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Mar 2013
E. O. Reilly (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
I bought this for my 3 year old. She loves the songs on the CD, most were known songs although some of them, I had never heard of or ever seen on cbeebies channell. Lots of songs to sing along to, my daughter loves it so would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy days, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
thankyou this was a present for our grandaughter as she is really thrilled with it the only problem with it i have to put it on in the car lol

4.0 out of 5 stars ., 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
Good would recommend to anyone who would like this item and it is a good gift for birthday or other

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Distraction for car journeys, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
Good selection of CBeebies theme tunes. Kept our son happy during a long journey down to Cornwall. Although having said that our son wanted to hear the same song over and over and over. 5 hours is a long time when you have to have Postman Pat SDS on loop......

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly odd versions of the songs, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
The CD has a wide variety of the songs, but whilst my 9 months olds recognised some of the favourites, the tunes tend to have a slightly big band feel to them, rather than being the same as the originals. The listings are correct, but might have been better to try and organise the CD better so programmes for similar ages were on one cd and older kids on the other - or upbeat ones at the start and tunes to help babies sleep at the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not up to date, 4 July 2012
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
Brilliant for my 19 month old in the car but CBeebies need to bring out a more up to date version. A lot of the songs are from programs no longer on CBeebies.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all instantly recognisable, 24 April 2012
This review is from: CBeebies Song Time (MP3 Download)
Bought this for a kids b'day party. I had to edit the tracks as many tracks were actually the official themes and much, much longer than what you hear on the telly.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 17 April 2012
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
Bought this for my sons first birthday party in February and we have been dancing along to it in the car ever since. It has a great variety of songs on and the look on my sons face when his favourites come on from his telly programmes is priceless. Highly recamended. Great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic kids cd!, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
Whether the kids know the Cbeebies TV programmes or not, they'll love this cd! There's other songs as well as the theme tunes so they will be singing along to all of them in no time. We've bought so many kids cd's in the past and this is by far the best and the kids favourite. With 25 tracks on each CD; a bargain!

2.0 out of 5 stars Slowed down so much it sounds more like Will Powers 'Kissing with Confidence' than CBeebies!, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: CBeebies: Song Time (Audio CD)
My little boy loves to trot up and down the living room singing the themes to his favourite programs when they appear on the TV - Numberjacks, Balamory, Chuggington, 3rd & Bird and the like... so this was an easy choice for his first ever CD to go with his sing-a-long CD player [with microphone].

I'd read the reviews before buying and noted the fact that some of the themes have been slowed down a little BUT I had never imagined the extent to which this has been done would be quite so ridiculous..! Sadly the worst hit tracks of all are the more upbeat ones such as Numberjacks & Chuggington that my son likes most. The tempo has been slowed down so much that the vocals sound manically depressed, or like that 80s disco hit 'Kissing with Confidence' by Will Powers with the slurring Vocoded 'man' vocals... The children's vocals on Chuggington are bad enough BUT wait till you get to the 'Numbertaker' segment of the Numberjack Medley, which has a slowed-down/processed vocal to start with. BBC, THIS REALLY IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH! How this got passed in production I will never know.

Admittedly, some CBeebies themes do have quite fast or tongue-twisting lyrics for youngsters, but that doesn't stop my 2 and a half year old having a fab time trying to sing along with the TV and I doubt it deters other peoples' kids either, so why slow everything down to 'Mogadon' pace for CD..?!! It is these slow versions that throw my little boy - he wants to sing along but is used to the proper tempo... AND the one track - going on form - I'd have expected to be slowed down ~ Balamory ~ isn't! So there's not even a consistent logic, or consistent production values... Those shorter themes that whistle by in under a minute aren't slowed down to draw them out to CD-filling length, by comparison. The slowed down tempo doesn't make sense, it does spoil the listening pleasure, and 'YES' [BBC] - children do notice.

About the only good thing I can say about this product is that it has the full instrumental version of the very lovely Charlie & Lola theme which reminds me of the sort of music you used to get on 1970s childrens programs when I was a small boy.

CBeebies: Song Time
CBeebies: Song Time by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2010)