5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for RSI but need to persevere.
Like many other RSI sufferers, I spent a considerable amount of time looking into alternatives to the standard mouse. Although there are a lot of opinions out there, and different solutions that have worked for different people, I couldn't find a definitive answer, and in the end opted to give the Evoluent product a go.

My first impressions were mixed, and for...
Published 19 months ago by Mr. A. Gardiner

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, poor value
I bought this about 6 months ago mainly because of the lack of any decent left-handed mice.
It works well and is comfortable to use. In terms of functionality, it is on a par with any other decent quality mouse.
So, basically, it does what it says on the tin but there are a couple of negative points...
First, it's very light and has a plasticy feel to it...
Published on 20 July 2012 by Steve G

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, poor value, 20 July 2012
Steve G (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evoluent Left Handed Vertical Mouse 4 Erogomic Mouse (Electronics)
First, it's very light and has a plasticy feel to it. The thumb buttons are a little too proud and have rough edges. Overall, it doesn't appear to be particularly well made.
Second, it is staggeringly expensive for what, after all, is just a mouse on its side.

If, like me, your a left-hander set on a decent LH mouse then it might be worth it. If you are a right-hander with a wrist problem then you might get some benefit out of the RH version. Anyone else should save their money.

I'd give it 5 stars for functionality (as you would to most mice) but I'd give it 1 for value for money (unless you have a special need that justifies it). So overall, I've given it 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for RSI but need to persevere., 19 Jan 2013

My first impressions were mixed, and for the first couple of weeks I was very concerned that I had made an expensive mistake. However, you have to remember that if you already suffer with RSI, then it is not going to disappear overnight! Also, you need to be very disciplined and ensure you hold this mouse as intended; it is all too easy to place your hand over it like a standard mouse.

Make sure you use the downloadable software to customize the buttons; there are a lot of very good options. It can be particularly useful to program one of the buttons to act as a 'double click' which cuts down the number of clicks you need to do. Also, be sure to set the sensitivity as high as possible. It take a while to get used to, but really cuts down on the amount of movement you need.

So, one month on? I am totally thrilled with this mouse, and my pain has pretty much gone. By week three, my pain was starting to subside and I was no longer requiring a daily dose of ibuprofen after a hard days computer work. I have gone from being in constant pain, to being virtually pain free.

This mouse will not be for everyone. Crucially, you need to be sure that your mouse is the primary cause of your pain, and not other things, such as your keyboard, posture, desk etc. Typically, mouse pain is noticeable by pain in your lower arm and/or wrist. But as part of an ergonomic solution in the battle to prevent or treat RSI, I heartily recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an OK product, not a cure for your bad habbit, 7 Nov 2012
Quy Vang Le (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I still have to pay attention and try to relax my shoulder muscles when using this mouse. It does reduce wrist pain though. However, my unit has one annoying problem: the mouse cursor does "teleporting" once in about 30 minutes when I use the mouse and drag the cursor around. This does not happen when I use other mouses. I am using it with my Macbook pro, Mountain Lion. I am still using the mouse but the satisfaction level is low.

4.0 out of 5 stars My only real complaint is that the mouse feels flimsy(although it has withstood 2 years of knocks and drops) and that the coatin, 24 July 2014
J. Mann - See all my reviews
I have used this left handed mouse for over two years now. I suffered with a mix of RSI and Arthritis in my left hand. I much prefer using this mouse over a standard mouse. It took a little while to get used to it. The neutral position has improved my pain level a lot, not completely.
My only real complaint is that the mouse feels flimsy(although it has withstood 2 years of knocks and drops) and that the coating on it flakes off easily. All in all I am happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality mouse for those with hand problems/aches, 4 July 2014
It initially helped a lot for about a year but problems with overusing my mouse hand got worse. (I've been using mice every day for 25 years!) For me this was a good short-term solution to my poor aching hand but I found relief by changing to the Handshoe Mouse. It's all down to each person's unique problems. The quality of the Evoluent mouse is superb.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be better, 3 May 2014
This is pretty good but as so one with small hands I found it very large to operate. Not a great feature of an item which is supposed to be ergonomic. Also it isn't the most accurate mouse. But it is better than a regular mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars cost a lot but worth it, 21 April 2014
the mouse is excellent and has really helped with reducing the pain from my rsi. I wouldn't be without it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful accessory, 20 April 2014
Really helpful accessory to minimise repetitive strain on my wrist. In fact, I have RSI in my right wrist so I bought this left-handed ergonimic mouse to avoid using my right hand. After a little practice with my left hand, I am now able to benefit from using this mouse. Quick delivery. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cured my arm pain, 5 Jun 2013
It was a couple of years with what I thought was tennis elbow before I looked into what I was going to do about it. I had an extremely painful Corticosteroid injection which really solved nothing at all. I couldn't sleep on my right side and eventually the pain stopped me sleeping well at all. I began to look for answers and came across this mouse, and reading the blurb I realised it wasn't tennis elbow at all.

The philosophy behind this mouse and the untwisting of the bones in the lower arm is the key here, and it takes a few days to get used to the unfamiliar position, but after three weeks of using the Evoluent Vertical Mouse 3 my pain had gone. yep, really.

Three years later I've just bought a new one, the 4 this time for the Mac, and it's got new stuff on it which will be great, but that isn't really what this is mainly about; this is about helping arm injury, or even preventing it, which for me would have been even better.

I couldn't live without these things now. I don't care what they cost because I've been there, and I'm not going there again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable to use, 14 April 2013
It looks so different, but I believed other reviewers, and indeed it took no more than a day to get used to this wonderful mouse. I really like the extra middle 'double-click' button - though of course all the buttons are customisable. I'd had a much-loved mouse for about 7 years, the trad shape, right-handed but that I used left-handed. I've now found a new favourite mouse. I use a mouse all day long (though I do use keyboard shortcuts as much as possible too) so it was well worth the investment.