on 24 November 2011
I was looking for a flask that would keep my lunch hot as I work on the road. I have been caught in meetings and was amazed when even after the 7 hours I had hot soup to enjoy. Love my flask. :-D
on 24 March 2012
I bought this thermos as my daughter has decided to have lunch at school, and I needed a smallish compact thermos, but with a wider mouth for easy filling. This seems to be very sturdy. It all goes in the dishwasher. One tip: to fill it in the morning, I use one of those metal things that you can buy to fill jam pots - it's great and makes pouring the warm pasta into the jar much easier! The quantity isn't huge, but it does for my 12 year old daughter, together with some fruit - just right. For a big eater, it might not be quite enough. Don't forget to 'prime' the thermos by filling it with boiling water for at least 10 minutes with the lid on before using it for hot food. The spoon that comes with it is small but well made and very sturdy. A nice piece of kit.
Update: one year later- the flask is still going strong, and this is after regularly going through the dishwasher. The food still stays hot - my daughter says that her friends laugh when she opens the flask - steam comes out! The spoon is still perfect, and gets used too. I've just ordered another of these flasks for daughter no. 2, who also wants packed lunches. Now my only fear is that I might lose the rubber seal or that it might break (not that it looks like doing this at all - more likely I would remove it for washing and it would get lost). I'll start looking for replacement seals just in case. Don't want to be without these great flasks! Oh - I prime the flask with boiling water, and fill it with heated up food, at about 07:30 am. The food is still very hot at about 13:00. I've been asked NOT to pre-heat the flask when putting soup in, as then the soup is too hot to eat at lunchtime.
on 11 December 2011
Definately worth getting - robust and practical.Husband uses it to have lunch at work outside - keeps soup warm and easy to clean. Very good value
on 12 November 2011
My son thought this was a great gift. Funky Hammerite finish with a neat and strong folding spoon. Really keeps food hot for hours on end. About to buy a second one for my nephew for Christmas. Ideal for construction workers with winter coming up! Very robust.
on 8 December 2011
I've been using this flask for a week. I've used it for soups and stews for my lunch and after 7 hours my food was still hot. As with previous reviewers, I'd recommend filling the flask with boiling water for about ten minutes before use. It's light, compact and easy to eat out of - the folding spoon that comes with it easily reaches the bottom of the flask. Very happy with the product - I just wish it was slightly bigger as it won't hold a standard 600ml shop-bought fresh soup; but worth the compromise.
on 1 December 2011
The Thermos Stainless Steel Food Flask is absolutly brilliant it keep my meal all nice and warm , i pack my meal in the morning at 06.30am and at lunch time 12.30 its still warm.... i would highly recommend it to all friends and family....
on 29 November 2011
I bought these for the kids to take in their lunch boxes. They have used them regularly with soup, pasta, and casseroles, all of which have been hot come lunch time. A must have for variety in the winter.
on 23 August 2013
Invaluable for getting hot food into hospital for my husband as food in there was awful! Kept food piping hot for many hours.
on 3 December 2011
We bought two of these, for my wife and myself. We use it to take something warm for lunch to work (neither of us has a microwave available there (!)). The volume is perfect to pack and it can contain more than enough for one. Nevetheless we usually take some other containers with cold-room temp food.

Sure enough you have to fill it up with warm-boiling water for as long as possible before pouring the food in, as any other thermo flask I have ever had. We usually warm the food and boil water in the morning in parallel, pour the water in while the food keeps warming up at slower rate. The contents will remain warm for between 5-7 h, depending where you have it stored (reference is a normal office), the temp of the initial water, time you left it there,...

The mouth is wide enough to fill, although not that comfortable to eat from the last third of so. The cup is too shallow in my opinion. If you feel 75% of the volume, you can easily see that it would take you several refills to get all eaten, but that is my view. I'd rather slant the thermo and eat from there than fill the cup several times (it also saves me clean it to avoid mess in my bag).

It does include a spoon. I haven't bothered to use it. It is not the finest steel grade I have ever seen and it is made foldable by three rivets. It does not lock into position, but has a small boss on the side to prevent more than 90º rotation on each joint. I do not like the construction, nor the idea behind it, but that is all right. I use my own spoon, not that I expected this to be a major feature of the product.

We haven't used it enough to find out many falws, but it does look quite ok. The inner vessel construction seems all right and my only concerns are the seams between inner and outer vessel, these cannot be clearly seen, because the outer coating covers them, and the silicon seal for the lid, that looks all right though.
on 31 March 2012
I needed a Thermos so I could avoid the nasty food selection in our work canteen. Loved the stumpy, retro look of this one and the idea of the built-in spoon. It looks terrific and keeps the heat very very well - I often open soup or casseroles after 7 hours and they are still piping hot. My only gripes are that the cool Thermos logo is just a cheap metallic sticker rather than incorporated into the metal, which is a disappointing shortcut, given that after a few months of washing it will inevitably start to peel off. Also, after a couple of months of using it, the spoon has started to fall out of its 'holder' in the lid, and the spoon itself has loosened at the joints, so it folds up while you're using it. (All this after gentle handwashing under a running tap). If the manufacturers would fix these issues, it would be an item that would last you for many years.