5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
This book was given to me by an aunt as a birthday gift. I started reading it straight away and absolutly loved it! Read at a challenging time of my life it could'nt have come at a better time. A truely remarkable woman shares stories that many will relate to. Go get a copy!
Published on 19 Nov 2008 by N. During

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Rather boring, jumps from topic to topic too quick and not enough material for the price
Published 3 months ago by Miss K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 19 Nov 2008
N. During (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Letter to My Daughter (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars No surprises here - she simply is one of the best, 4 Nov 2008
Ford Ka (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Letter to My Daughter (Hardcover)
Maya Angelou has been an important American voice for many years and readers have gotten used to the fact that each of her books opens for them new perspectives. Angelou uses a variety of genres but her wisdom and wit fill each of the volumes she penned.
This book is no different - the essays combine to draw a very personal view of the world. This is a view as seen by a woman, a mother - it is warm, human, and private. Sometimes they are funny, sometimes sad - what they always share is honesty and wisdom.
When you can listen to a wise person, you should not miss the chance. There are very few people such as Maya Angelou - their voices should be listened to very attentively.

5.0 out of 5 stars All My Children, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Hardcover)
The best way to describe this book is this: all the wisdom you want to pass onto the daughters in your life give them this book. She is an icon, a genius and a mother - I consider all her works a national treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars letter to my daughter, 15 Aug 2010
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Hardcover)
As usual Maya Angelou doesn't disappoint an interesting, enlightling and moving read, her wisdom is boundless yet she is kind, honest and endearingly human sharing some of her experiences through her long colourful life to pass on to her daughter...for whoever she is or whereever she's from or whatever age she happens to be ... Maya is a wonderful mentor who I would love to meet, such a beautiful soul.

4.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Paperback)
I found this to be a very readable book that flowed easily. A short read, interesting enough to prompt me to try further book by the same author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Kindle Edition)
I love Maya Angelou's words of wisdom and her ability to engage the reader. I will be passing this onto my daughters to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good advice, 28 Jan 2013
Ms. S. A. Hammond (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Kindle Edition)
Lovely collection of motherly advice. Ms Angelou through her fantastic story telling ability relays some useful advice, without being preachy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Letter To My Daughter, 7 Jan 2012
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Hardcover)
An easy read. Full of interesting facts about Maya's life. I do like Maya's writing style. Just like the fact she uses her life experiences to give others something to think about. Just in the same way a mother or grandmother would do. Would make a good gift too, to a teenager.

4.0 out of 5 stars rights of passage for women, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Letter To My Daughter (Hardcover)
Letter to My DaughterAn extremely reassuring work of how we can all err especially when affairs of the heart are involved. But Maya's strength and determination lift us all to fight on and look for the silver lining after the battle. One of her poems in here, regarding loving love, was so apt and such a delight to read at my own sons wedding - slightly abridged as he is still quite young - was almost the highlight of the ceremony, only pipped by the Happy Couples' own vows. A 'thank you' to Maya Angelou for thinking of all of us women who do at times feel misled and misunderstood.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014