4.0 out of 5 stars A decent selection
There were a couple of books of "Parkinson" interviews published in the 1970s and 80s, and some of that material is re-used here, in the same sort of format - lots of pictures and excerpts. You certainly get an excellent range of interviewees, and some good anecdotes, but it's not the sort of book to 'lose' yourself in. There's not enough depth for that. I would imagine...
Published on 5 Nov. 2010 by Mumsareader

3.0 out of 5 stars some good stories in it
i thnk i was disappointed in this as with the dvd, i expected more of a ''this is parky interviewing so and so''
but it was parky talking about his interviews and what he thought of them.
Published 23 months ago by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 25 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Parky's People (Hardcover)
Thought this would have been great but disappointed withsome of the interviews and only watched one disc and aborted the second

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Parky's People (Kindle Edition)
If you love Parky you'll love this book. I wish it would never end

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 April 2015
This review is from: Parky's People (Hardcover)
Bought as a gift, was well received.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read it but smooth purchase!, 13 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Parky's People (Hardcover)
I've no idea on the content as it is a gift for someone else, but it certainly looks a good read and I cannot fault the service from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mistaken Identity, 16 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Parky's People (Hardcover)
The book was quite good but was a disappointment as I was under the impression that I had ordered a DVD.
Eric Walker.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book should be titled "Parkinsons's Disappointing Book Of Very, Very Selective Interviews", 24 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Parky's People (Hardcover)
Rubbish. This book is rubbish.

Well, that's not what I thought when I ordered it in a flash from the Amazon website.

When I heard how Michael Parkinsons had written a book about his favourite interviews, my first thought was "Wow, I can't wait to read that book and get an even bigger insight into the revealing interview that Michael Parkinsons conducted with my favourite actor; Mister Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') back in 2004".

And then when the book arrived, I eagerly unwrapped the cardboard packaging and flicked through every page and then my heart sank when I got to the end to find that Nigel Harman's (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') interview had NOT been included in Parkinsons's list AT ALL. Therefore my second thought was:

"What the heck is wrong with Parkinsons? How can he write about the interviews he did with actors like Judy Dench, James Stuart and Jack Lemon and not mention the one with Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders')?".

If anyone reading this didn't see Parkinsons's interview with Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') back in 2004 then you missed a treat. It was spellbinding. Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') not only conveyed himself to be a fantastic raconteur, he also displayed his entertaining presents by JUGGLING(!) on the show too - showcasing a hidden talent that even a huge fan such as I was even surprised to know he had hidden. And so, springboarding from this revelation were a barrage of off-screen insights I wanted to find out and hoped to know from Parkinsons's book, like:

-Was the juggling section on the show pre-arranged?
-Can Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') do any other circus skills?
-Does Parkinsons think that Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') has what it takes to 'make it' in Hollywood?

But no. I have no answers to these questions. All I have is a mind full of question marks.
I'm so angry that I can't type anymore.

I hope Parkinsons reads this and realise how disappointed he has made Nigel Harman's (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') many fans like myself, and that he updates his book when it comes out in paperback to include further insights about the interview he did with Nigel Harman (Dennis Rickman in 'EastEnders') like the one with Peter 'O' Tool which he did think was important enough to write about.

I'm putting this book in the jumble.

-Stephen Alan Yorke.