I have owned this dryer for around 7 months now. I live in sunny Devon where it rains a lot!

I plumped for this one because it had a built-in condensor as it was going in the garage and I did not want damp air in there. I also chose this as opposed to a better model with sensor-dryer as I thought it would not get as much use as it has had but with 3 kids it gets used about 3 times a week at least.

It has a timer so that you can set it to finish after say 60 mins or 75 minutes and it does have a couple of temperature settings one of which is lower temp for delicates. It is also relatively quiet so if it were in the house, it would not be a nuisance for noise levels.

I have had absolutely no problems with its drying perfectly and if it is not overfilled, some items come out without needing ironing at all.

Now for the cons:

1. After only a couple of uses, you do have to check the condensor box as it seems to get full quite quickly and will not dry if it is (obviously!), so there have been occasions where I have dumped in the washing, set it to dry and gone back later to find it still has not dried. But this could be down to the fact that it does do a good job of drying.

2. The fluff creeps like ivy around various parts of the machine. While it does not accumulate near the washing so you only get a small amount around the edge of the door which does not then attach itself to the dry clothes, the fluff filter seems to be pointless. Fluff accumulates around the filter in hard to reach places, so even when you remove the easily removable filter to clean it out, there is additional fluff everywhere around the casing for the filter and in addition, around the condensor and its casing and the grid and it becomes pretty difficult to remove. I have no idea yet, whether over time this is going to clog up the condensor and cause problems. Fingers crossed so far so good but it has been less than a year and I do try and clean it best I can. I think a vacuum cleaner with strong suction may need to be used occasionally to ensure that the fluff accumulation does not cause problems with the overall operation of the dryer.

So, I think for a Zanussi, it is good and you are getting what you pay for at this price. If you want something better from Zanussi, go the extra mile and pay around £400+.

If it were not for the fluff problem I would have given this dryer 5 stars.
11 comment|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 February 2013
thu tumbler is easy to use ,very quiet and the instructions are easy to understand as well, recommend to anyone
on 29 March 2013
this is the first condenser dryer i have purchased and i am very impressed with its quiet opperation also the ease of empting the water ,also it has a large capasity.
The price was much less than i had expected for a condensor,alltogether i consider this a five star purchase
on 17 June 2014
I have very recently bought a. Zanussi & water is coming from the heat exchanger so when i take out theres water on the floor. Can someone please tell me is it normal . The engineer not helpful at all.
on 5 November 2014
Is standing the test of time reasonable product at a reasonable price
on 27 November 2014
Great product. Fast Delivery, very quiet.