on 6 July 2013
This is one of those rare pieces of music which utterly transports you. The divine melody and soaring strings lift you onto another plain. This is a passion-filled recording by the RPO. If you are looking for a musical lift you will not be disappointed.
on 12 December 2012
This is, in my opinion, a very good recording of a great performance. As for the piece itself, personally I'd say it's one of the most moving pieces of music I've ever heard. Everyone should hear this at least once.
on 7 April 2013
Let your mind roam back to a time when we all imagine true knights - full of gallantry - courting their ladies. Such an evocative piece of music. I can listen to this time and time again!
on 11 November 2013
I absolutely love this piece of music; it stirs all sorts of emotions. I plan to have it played at my funeral, morbid I know, but the music really stirs deep feelings and is so spiritual
on 23 November 2013
A classic piece of English music, a combination of 16th and 20th century genius. And the music from the Master and Commander film conjuring up images of wild seas and hard lives.
on 6 February 2014
Stunningly beautiful piece. Speaks to the heart. Soaring strings and a central theme that is both moving and inspiring, making the listener want to play it again and again.
on 22 May 2013
I needed a recording of Vaughan Williams Fantasia on a theme by Thomas Tallis for a special occasion, and this MP3 download provided me with a good recording of the work.
on 29 November 2012
Beautiful piece of music, moves me to tears each time I hear it. Good recording too.

Recommended with Barber's Adagio to reduce you to a helpless mess!
on 14 August 2013
I chose the high rating due to the great quality of the music and orchestra. It is a very atmospheric music and reminds you of the pastoral scenes. Excellent!
on 5 January 2012
Lovely track. Great piece of music. Most enjoyable. It's great to be able just to download the tracks you want. Quick, easy and economical.