on 28 August 2012
The MacBook Air 11inch is by far in my opinion the best, most portable Notebook you can buy. However, because it's so thin it takes out everything that is "extra space". A bit like a small car, if you like, it doesn't have a big boot to cart around, so too does MacBook Air, it doesn't have an optical drive as you don't need/use it all the time.

The SuperDrive is an excellent compliment to your MacBook Air for when you do require to use an optical disk. It is an excellent design and will fit in any laptop/notebook bag along with your MacBook Air.

I purchased a second-hand Apple SuperDrive from Amazon and I am very pleased with the product, it does what it says on the tin and is the best optical drive to get for your Macbook.
on 2 May 2011
I bought this to use with my macbook air 11 inch. I know that I can use other computers DVD drives for loading software but you can't use them to play CDs or DVDs. It works fine but I have a couple of criticisms. It would have been better if they had put a socket for the lead on the drive instead of the cable being permanently connected. I think that the cable will wear and break especially as this is supposed to be portable and I am finding it difficult to store it with the cable straight. The only way to eject a disk is with your computer sooooo if the cable gives up while there is a DVD in the drive, how do you get it out????? This isn't cheap so think there might have been more thought put into it.

Update Just a tip to eject a disk- restart the computer whilst holding down the left mouse button, surprisingly this works.
44 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 July 2012
This item swallowed up my expensive Family History DVD and wouldn't eject it. I managed to extract it physically after days of trying. Solar Gear from whom I made the purchase have ignored (so far) five requests for advice on returning the item and refunding my £51.59!!!
on 25 September 2013
The SuperDrive for the MacBook Air is simple to use and requires just one USB socket. Nowadays most most information for my Mac comes via the internet but occasionally I wil recieve a disc from a friend with their holiday snaps so plug in and insert the disc is all you have to do. It keeps my MacBook air ;ight and thin but is there should I need it.
on 20 July 2011
This is a good DVD drive that does what it sets out to. Literally just plug and play, no hassles!
on 22 September 2011
As a additive to MacBook Air is very necessary to loading items on to computer. Small and neat and very easy to use, just plug into computer, insert CD and away we go
on 29 July 2013
As all Apple products it is excellent. Only wish the USB was plugged into drive, and not attached.
Also needs a little knowledge to use.
But certainly good for watching DVDs and photo CDs
on 30 December 2012
Easy to use , but could do with better Instructions . found it a bit tacky at first . but got better the more i used it.
on 6 December 2011
Looked all over for this in shops - then online at Tesco and this was cheaper and was with us 2 days later. Fab
on 20 March 2012
This is an addition to a Macbook Air. I don't know if it will work with other machines as I haven't used it as such.
There is no eject button. That's it! It works (and is fast of course and never crashes, like on MS systems)!!

See one answered question