4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected !
Published on 1 Aug 2011 by cleeve6

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Disappointed that most of the songs are not from the movie. Or not sung by the actors on the film. Not worth buying the album.
Published 10 months ago by Mel

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected !, 1 Aug 2011
I've been a country fan for a long, long time but had 'fallen away' from it a bit in the past few years. I heard the Gwyneth Paltrow song (me and Tennessee)on the radio and it was much better than I'd expected, so I thought I'd give this CD a whirl. The best price was Amazon. CD arrived quickly and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, not just that track but all of them. Some CDs you play once or twice and then they fade but I've had this one on loads and it's very catchy. Although I haven't got round to it yet, I'll buy the DVD as well to hear the songs in their movie context. Thoroughly enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but expected better, 2 Jun 2012
Fionn Stafford "Bouncer the dog" (Castlebridge, Wexford, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This was bought after seeing the film on DVD. I had enjoyed the original music used in the film and was looking forward to hearing it again. Some of the main tracks are grand and were sung by the people in the film but some of the other tracks such as "Give in to me" are not sung by the actors/singers from the film. I was disappointed in this and in line with the other reviews I read, I bought the second soundtrack album which is much more satisfactory and I recommend if you buy this album also buy the second one too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Country Song review, 5 Mar 2014
Very pleasant songs that are great for when you feel the need to wind down.. Surprised that Gwyneth Paltrow has such a great voice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alternative country, 15 Feb 2014
If you like country music you will enjoy this. Gwyneth can sing and could hold her own in this work if she ever gave up acting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 29 Aug 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars How accurate is the soundtrack to the film.., 10 Aug 2013
If you liked the film, you will be disappointed by the soundtrack as most of the songs are sung by other singers, particularly delightful "come on" song which is sung by a lady on her own instead.

What a shame

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music, 21 Nov 2010
V. Zvyagintsev "Ziggy" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
When I first heard that the movie called Country Strong will be released at the end of the year, I instantly knew that first of all I have to buy the accompanying soundtrack. The reason behind is the leading man of the movie and its executive co-producer Tim McGraw, which meant that at least one song on the album will be sung by his wife. Being a huge fan of Faith Hill it's a bit upsetting that there was no new music from her for over 5 years now, so even if it's only 1 song, the soundtrack is still worth buying. Give In To Me is fantastic, Faith's voice is silky and subtle, in the vain of the sound she put on Oh Holy Night (which I personally think is one of the best renditions ever) on her Joy The World album. And at 5 minutes long you can fully enjoy that voice, even putting it on repeated plays. But that's not the only strong point of the album. It's actually a great collection of contemporary country tunes sung by one of the best artists of the genre. Patty Loveless sounds as "country strong" as ever, as is Lee Ann Womack with her unmistakable angelic voice on Liars Lies. The biggest surprise of the album however is the movie's leading lady, Gwyneth Paltrow. She sings 4 out of 13 songs and sounds fantastic, well, at least her singing is miles away from the sound of passable country star of the moment Taylor Swift. Thank goodness, that even with her Tim McGraw song, she still wasn't convincing enough to Tim McGraw to be included on the album. All in all, great album with fantastic songs, well worth buying. And yes, Faith is amazing, but all the rest is 2 thumbs up too

4.0 out of 5 stars An actress that can sing!!, 23 Dec 2010
H. Bruce "music lover" (edin scotland) - See all my reviews
Saw a preview of the movie and was struck by how good Paltrow's voice was - should take over from hubby!! For once a really good soundtrack with a tremendous supporting cast of country performers helping it along. Wonder if GP may end up doing duet album with Patty or Lee Ann certainly got the chops for it

4.0 out of 5 stars Gwyneth is amazing, 24 May 2014
This is a pretty good album and the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow can sing so well is a bonus. I like to play it in the car - great to sing along to, as most Country & Western is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present, 17 Mar 2014
Bought this for my wife as a present, she absolutely loves the album & plays it loudly in her car - happy wife, happy life!