5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising enough, but it works.
In july 2012, I bought a tablet ASUS TF201.
I knew that the only way to connect to internet was via WIFI.
But I had and stil have to access PC's using copper links.
I asked many times Mr Google for a solution something like an adapter USB-RJ45.
Published on 28 Sept. 2012 by Francois.H

2.0 out of 5 stars very slow. any idea why?
the adapter plugged in and worked straight away but its like a poor dial up connection. the pages takes forever to load which makes the adaptor pretty much useless. anyone have any idea why
Published 14 months ago by Lucie Goldcup

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising enough, but it works., 28 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Plugable® USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter for Macbook, Chromebook, Windows 8.1 and Earlier, Surface Pro, Wii, Wii U, Linux, and Specific Android Tablets (ASIX AX88772 chipset) (Personal Computers)
In july 2012, I bought a tablet ASUS TF201.
I knew that the only way to connect to internet was via WIFI.
But I had and stil have to access PC's using copper links.
I asked many times Mr Google for a solution something like an adapter USB-RJ45.
I was not mad to get such a device, but every weeks I tried using many different words almost always in french.
One day I found a post in a forum about tablets.
I discovered a strange name : Plugable USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter.
Only one place to buy it : Amazon.co.uk
I place an order.
Less than one after the postman visit, I plugged the device on the TF201 USB port, and a RJ45 cable in a router empty slot.
Automagically the tablet wrote : Connected to Ethernet even after having disabled the WIFI port.
What a bliss, no need to read an english user manual, no risk to be confused between USB slot and RJ45 slot, this device performs exactly what I was expecting.
It's magic.
BTW the device hooks automatically on any DHCP server indpendently of the IP adress scheme.
Just what needs an old fellow like me.
Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLUGABLE TECHNOLOGIES ETHERNET ADAPTER, 18 Sept. 2012
N. Dungey "niki by the sea" (devon uk) - See all my reviews
I recently bought a macbook air without considering whether it had an ethernet port, but it is so slimline that on investigation I found that I was without one.

Not a problem with wi fi available most the time - BUT then the wi fi went down and I was stranded. So thank heavens for companies like Plugable Technologies!

I checked out a few connectors on line, and bought another model first because it was cheaper, but then found that it needed setting up with a DVD, which all got overly complicated, and neither me nor my partner could get it to work. I returned it to Amazon and got a full refund. Money that I then spent on buying the Plugable USB. I admit I was a tad anxious after that because I had read that many connectors had issues with drivers and compatibility etc. So when Plugable Technologies connector arrived (really speedily, only 2 days to get to me) I took it out of the packet, plugged it into the USB and KABANG it worked, seamlessly and almost instantly. My heart was in my mouth for a moment, as it configured itself, but then it sprung into action. Phew and horrah were my reactions.

Its nice and neat and I like the cable version as it allows the bulky bit to be round the back of the macbook out of my way. The first one I bought was a plug in block that stuck out the side, demanding room and more easy to damage. The flexible cable eases both those issues.
Job done.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must-have" for new Tablet users, but beware of your Tablet manufacturers "Settings", 22 July 2013
My need for this product was initiated by my wife wanting a "mini computer" to show photos to her retired "Ladies who lunch" pals. So, after 4 weeks of researching which Tablet to buy, I bought a Versus TouchTab Dual Core. VERSUS TOUCHTAB 7" DUAL CORE 16GB TABLET ANDROID 4.1 BLUETOOTH One of my purchase criteria was that when I was at home I wanted to hard-wire the Tablet to my internet router to take advantage of the higher bit-rates offered by RJ45 LAN connection over WiFi. My research soon uncovered that some manufacturers (for example Samsung Galaxy and HP Slate), appear to mask or remove the necessary software switches that "enable ethernet" in the "Settings" menu of their products.

In my experience this Plugable USB to Lan Connector works absolutely perfectly. It comes with a mini CD containing drivers (if you need them), and there is further advice on the manufacturers web site, however I didn't need either. I did this: Turn on your Android and open "Settings", turn OFF "WiFi" and "Bluetooth". Open "More... Device" (note this is the s/w switch some manufacturers appear to be masking), press "Ethernet" and then tick "Use Ethernet". Now turn OFF your Android, plug in the USB to Lan adapter and re-start your Android.

I agree with one of the earlier reviewers, I now need a second Plugable USB to Lan connector to keep in my away/holiday bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 May 2012
After trying a cheaper USB/Ethernet adapter which didn't work with my Toshiba Thrive android tablet, I'm thrilled with this product. It connected my tablet to the internet within about 10 seconds, no special drivers or configuration required, and works great. It's worth the extra cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally working internet conection...., 26 Nov. 2012
stefan walser (klaus,vorarlberg,österreich) - See all my reviews
after i had lots of problems with the wifi on my ss808 mini pc i tried a lot of plugable solutions.none of them working as they were all running on windows.in one us.android forum somebody got this adapter running without any probs.i could not find it here in austria or germany so i got it from amazon uk and believe me.......this one works.plug it in and be happy.thats how it should be.thanx a lot........prost from austria.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lavolta Charger I recommend., 6 Dec. 2014
D (SOUTHPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I made this purchase from Smart Parts in order to replace the USB cable that came with my HP Chromebook. It arrived quickly with details of the supplier I could contact should any problems arise. I've used the Lavolta charger for my HP Chromebook enough times now to be really happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus 7 - Working Perfectly, 22 April 2013
J. Kemp (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this adapter because occasionally I need to connect my Nexus 7 using Ethernet rather than WiFI.

Note that to use it with the Nexus 7 you will need a USB OTG cable - these are available for £2 or £3 on Amazon.

Connecting the Nexus 7 using the adapter is very simple - switch on "Airplane Mode" (I don't know if that's necessary, but it's a quick and easy way of switching off the WiFi). Plug the USB OTG cable into the Nexus, plus the adapter into the cable, switch on the Nexus then plug an Ethernet cable into the adapter. The lights come on and after a few seconds of activity (presumably while the DHCP server allocates an IP address) you're up and running.

It really couldn't be much simpler and ping times and connection speed are all as expected.

Overall I am extremely pleased with both the ease of use of the adapter and also it's apparent durability. It appears to be well made but time will tell on that - I'll update this review should I encounter any problems with the thing

Note: My Nexus 7 is an un-rooted "stock" device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tablet and Ethernet conection, 5 Mar. 2014
Mr. G. Scantlebury (Mallorca Spain) - See all my reviews
I live outside the UK and we have recently lost some our our normal TV stations due to a move a new TV satellite. I now use the internet for some of the TV programs we like and I have a standard router from the local telephone company and the WIFI is very poor in different parts of the house, so I thought I would try using Ethernet connection instead of WIFI to improve the connection speed to my Android tablet. It works a treat, the tablet is much more responsive and I can it use in each part of the house via using Homeplugs (TP-Link TL-PA211KIT AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack) for the internet connection. I hope this helps anyone else wishing to improve their connection speed on a tablet. Tablet is Cambridge Sciences, Android 4.2.1 and this tablet features both Ethernet or WIFI for internet connection. Hope this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the MK808, 4 Nov. 2013
I bought this to plug into my Android TV stick (MK808). Worked first time, however it needed to be connected via a powered USB hub to provide enough oomph to maintain the connection - this is a limitation of the TV stick rather than the Network adapter. Used alongside TP-Link powerline adapters, I get a solid ethernet connection and none of the problematic wifi issues of the MK808 anymore.

Really recommended if you have an Android stick that supports OTG, or want to connect other devices and Wifi is not a good option. Also worked with my Raspberry-Pi Model B (256Mb version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Works on Android but not MK802 II, 29 Aug. 2012
Mr. V. Yule (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
I brought this to use with the MK802 II android device I have plugged into the back of my tv as it's inbuilt WiFi isn't great and I wanted to stream video, but unfortunately while it sees the adapter it can't establish a network connection. But it does work with the Asus Prime TF300 so I assume it's an issue with the MK802 which does have one or two other quirks. Overall very happy with the adapter when using it on devices other than the MK802 (will try again when I get a new firmware update for the MK802)