Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 3 July 2010
One Sunday afternoon recently, I heard a very catchy song on Radio 2. It really got to me and I was singing along to it before it finished all too soon. I listened carefully to find out who was singing and found that it was Deanna Durbin. Never having been aware of her songs before, I 'googled' her and the song which I had heard which was "Its foolish but it's fun". Moving onto Amazon it was easy to find the CD which included the tune I wanted; I could even listen to it before I bought it(which I did several times for the fun of it!). It was very reasonably priced so I ordered it straight away and it was delivered within 2 days. That's what I call service. I also found that Nana Mouscouri sang a version of the song which didn't have as many verses and was not as much fun as this one. Maybe its the child in me but its a great song to cheer you up and lift your spirits when you're fragile. Have a listen to it and I'm sure you will agree.
on 30 December 2010
This was purchased as a present for an 85 year old - she was so happy when she first played it - as she said - made her feel young again. Speedy service from this supplier
on 26 September 2010
Loved this CD. Quality a bit distorted but what can you expect of recordings made more than 50 years ago. Lovely selection of songs and delivery was very prompt.
on 28 July 2010
This was my first purchase from Amazon, also ordered Deanna Durbin`s Lights of Home at same time, and found ordering etc so easy. Purchased this for sentimental reasons as my darling mum passed away the month before and she had a voice like Deanna Durbin and was always singing her songs, especially Lights of Home. Delivery was quick and the items arrived in tiptop condition. Also found that I was able to locate these items without problem and being wheelchair dependant meant I didn`t have to trudge around shops to find these.
on 31 December 2011
This was as a gift for someone who likes D.Durbin's voice & had lost their old vinyl copies & unable to find
CD ones in shops! This was excellent bargain value & many tracks on it, although may be deleted now?
as only 4 were left.
on 8 February 2013
Bought for my 88 year old Dad for Christmas and he had a tear in his eye when he opened the pressie. He loves it
on 29 June 2013
My elderly dad always loved Deanna Durbin. Played it for him at home and it brought tears. Prompt service and cannot find any fault with product or seller. Excellent!
on 13 September 2013
I bought this for my 84 year old mother-in-law, she absolutely loves it, it is permanently on her CD player!
on 21 January 2014
Bought as a Christmas present for my Nan and she was more than happy with it, brings back me for her.
on 22 January 2013
Bought this as a Xmas present for my Aunt who loves Deanna Durbin.
She had dvd's but not cd & this has not disappointed.
Excellent selection of songs.
One very happy lady!