5.0 out of 5 stars excellent food for sensitive tummies
Published on 4 Feb. 2012 by shoppermum

3.0 out of 5 stars ups & downs
These read up brill, I really thought I would be on to a winner with these & I did like the fact they are made in the UK.
They have an unusual shape they are like ringed donuts, they don't have a very strong smell which might appeal to some. They don't absorb water very well. They work out quite good value for money as you don't need to feed huge amounts. The...
Published on 16 Feb. 2012 by alternative girl

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent food for sensitive tummies, 4 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Barking Heads Puppy Days Chicken and Salmon Dry Mix 6 kg (Misc.)
my 6 month old Cavalier had an upset tummy and terrrible runs. We had tried james wellbeloved, eukabana, wagg, all upset his tum. The vet did the sensitive expensive vet food and decided he had avery sensitive tum. She advised he would need to go on a very expensive vet dry food. I couldnt afford that and a friend recommended this puppy food. Willing to give it a go, its brilliant!!!! firm poos and hes enjoys eating it. would really highly recommend. shows vets dont know everything!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barking heads puppy food, 24 Nov. 2010
Fantastic puppy food, my lab pup loves it! Approved by the campaign for real dog food. Feeding your dog the best can prove to be a mine field but this food is packed full of completely safe and healthy ingredients you cant get any better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Troughs it!, 17 Feb. 2012
My 8 month old OES absolutely loves this food, and Barking Heads foods are approved by [...], AND its British! What more could you want? I only ordered the 6kg in case he didn't like it, but I will be ordering the large bag...and his sister can have the grown-up version when she's eaten all his unwanted Fish 4 Puppies!

Furthermore, with Prime it came the next day; I've had-it with waiting weeks for the online Pet stores to deliver!

5.0 out of 5 stars Barking Heads Puppy Days, 7 April 2014
Lyn "Francophile" (South Coast, England) - See all my reviews
I feed BH Puppy Days to my 6 month Cavalier (she weighs 13lb) - plus a spoonful of whatever veg I'm cooking. It does swell up a lot (I don't feed it dry as Alice is still teething and would take hours to eat it dry) so I pour a little boiling water on then let it cool to lukewarm - it doubles in size, and I add a spoonful of whatever veg I'm cooking. In the morning I sprinkle half a capsule of cod liver oil over it (really good for their coat.) By not feeding it dry I am sure she is getting enough fluids as she doesn't seem to drink much.
The breeder said it's better for their stomach to feed 3 small meals rather than two large ones. Sometimes I put a pinch of grated cheese with it to just ring the changes a bit! She has a little dry sometimes in a chew toy. The breeder was feeding her chicken/carrots plus Bakers before I collected her - my pet food supplier said throw the Bakers out! (full of preservatives/colouring.) Apparently Royal Canin isn't much better

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy days, 11 Mar. 2013
J. Masterson (UK) - See all my reviews
My puppy was 9 weeks when I got this for her to try as she didn't seem to like the dry food from her breeder. The pellets are a lot smaller and thiner so it makes it easier for puppy to eat dry and mine loved it straight away. She's now 13 weeks old and still happily eating puppy days, I would recommend this food to any puppy owner and I when my pup is grown I will certainly be feeding her the adult Barking Heads food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy loves it!, 16 Jan. 2013
Christine Kendrick "lovedogs3uk" (Birmingham England) - See all my reviews
This must be really tasty because it disappears far quicker than any of the stuff I was given when I first got my pup. Very pleased with it but it has an unfortunate side effect of making my puppy grow really fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !, 4 Jan. 2013
My dog love so so so much this dry mix. And I'm please with quality and price. Good ,would recommend .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 6 Oct. 2012
J. Wylie (uk) - See all my reviews
I have reared a litter on this and I have to say I am impressed. Puppies are thriving, good weight gain and solid motions. HOwever, I would like to see Amazon stock the large breed version in the future, as it contains higher levels of glucosaine than 'puppy days' and slightly lower protein and calcium levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doggylicious!, 3 Oct. 2011
Really good quality dog food - My pampered pooch is a bit of a fuss pot and was on Arden Grange and has also had James Wellbeloved neither of which he has really enjoyed. Barking Heads is quality food with excellent ingredients - it seems more expensive but it is not as you don't have to feed your dog such great quantities! Great price from Amazon and free delivery was very fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 19 Oct. 2013
The vet recommended I used Barking Heads after my puppy became ill when I first had him.
Within 2 days I noticed a huge difference in my pup overall, even his coat is amazing!