5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect University Bag
Was looking for a university bag and this seems to be just the perfect size, without being an entire rucksack.

I am very happy with it so far. It has a good quality construction and has a rather stylish/posh look to it.

Published on 20 Oct. 2012 by J. Mcguigan

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made clip ruins lovely briefcase
One of the fastening clips broken after 21/2 years. Really irritating because the leather was wearing beautifully - now wary of buying Visconti because the clips may have the same manufacturing weakness?
Published 5 months ago by V. Scannella

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect University Bag, 20 Oct. 2012
J. Mcguigan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visconti Vintage Leather Briefcase & Strap - VT6 - Bennett (Shoes)

It can easily carry a days worth of A4 books and binders with room for a bottle of water. The back slot will just squeeze in a 17" Macbook Pro and the font pockets are just large enough to fit a couple of A5 notebooks or an iPad. There are several zip pockets and a third internal zipped compartment. Bag can be easily carried on my back using the shoulder strap at minimum length, even when riding a bike.

Its not obvious from the photos, but behind the buckle straps there are two push button click-clips for easily opening/closing the bag. However if you wish to close the bag after it has been fully loaded, you will need to punch a couple of extra holes in the leather buckle strap to give you the extra length.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase, 23 Sept. 2011
I read the reviews before buying this and especially the comment that it marks easily and wondered if I was doing the right thing. Well I certainly did!

The packaging and protection that it arrives in is splendid and really could not be better. The case itself is a lovely item with plenty of space for my books and the centre zipped pocket makes a great place for the iPad with protection from knocks by the outer pockets.

The actual finish of the leather surface looks great, as it gradually wears in it looks better and better. I think it is true that if you went bashing it about through door frames etc it would scratch up but after quite a few weeks of use and moderate care mine looks just as it did when it arrived.

I think it will last a long time but I would not hesitate in buying another one or indeed another product from this manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leather bag, 10 July 2012
This is my second Visconti leather bag and I really like it! The leather is slightly darker than it appears in the image, but personally I prefer it that way.

The interior is a good size - it will hold a book or small laptop quite comfortably without being too bulky.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely work bag, 3 Oct. 2011
I spent a lot of time looking at bags online and in shops before deciding on this one. It needed to be big enough for my lap top and other work items. Once ordered it arrived quickly and nicely packaged- but not too much packaging. I am delighted with it, the bag seems robustly made and the inside has some pleasing details. The outside is just lovely, although the leather is quite stiff at the moment.
The depth may not be enough for everyone- you couldn't put in many bulky items and expect it to close so a brief case is a good description. All in all I am glad I didn't spend more on a well known brand- this will last for years and looks classy and a bit different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality briefcase but short on space, 4 Mar. 2013
Let me first off say that although I have only had the briefcase a few days the look and feel of it ouzes quality. My previous case was a much cheaper version and fell part bit by bit in less than a year. I therefore went for quality this time and I was not dissapointed on that front.
The niggle I do have is that despite all the internal pockets I am struggling to get all my kit in. I have managed to fit my 15" widescreen laptop in one section very snuggly but there is no space for the power unit or cables. The other main section is taken up with a few thin folders and an A4 pad. Pens, mobile and other small items are in the bag but if I put something in the front pockets I struggle to close the clasps. I therefore followed another reviewers comment and put an extra hole in the strap.
I am sure The leather will give over time and I will adapt to the bag which I am certain I will stick with for the forseeable future.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent quality Classic, 7 Mar. 2013
I was initially dissapointed when the briefcase arrived as I was expecting a more matt finish antique type leather as shown in the photo. What arrived was a reddy-brown smooth leather which was a satin finish. Although I was a bit subdued about this my wife was very impressed and loved the finish and the case so we agreed that it was a belated Christmas present! The design of the case is excellent with many useful zipped pockets and holders for pens and a phone.. What is not clear from the pictures is that underneath the buckles is a quick -release fastener whch makes the case very easy to use. The buckles are only for show but for me they add that authentic old-school look which makes this case so attractive.

It is superbly made with reinforcement in vulnerable areas which should see that the case lasts for many years. It exudes quality in a way that is difficult to quantify. You know when you see something that it is right. For me this is very right!. I can imagine myself still carring this case around in 10 to 15 years time maybe with worn corners and faded leather but still in one piece and still doing it's job. I hope I am right!.

After the initial dissapointment of the colouring, reality set in and I ended up ordering another one for myself, such is the draw of this well recommended briefcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, very well made and fantastic deal!, 16 Mar. 2013
Exceptional build quality and material. Worth so much more then it's £125 (16 March 2013) price tag! It's comfortable to wear/hold and fits everything you would need for the office. I would recommend this to a friend and anyone looking for a great briefcase without breaking the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Briefcase, 13 Mar. 2013
Lovely leather briefcase. Good looking and good quality, plenty of room and just what I was looking for. Delivery was prompt and well packaged. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a smart and practical briefcase for work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality & Style, 17 Nov. 2012
Makooya (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a thing of beauty, crafted to the highest quality standards. The fittings, design, stitching and leather are all top notch and it is a highly practical case with multiple pockets. Moreover, it looks great and exudes quality and style. This case is better than ones I looked at being offered at £300-£600.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its even better than the picture!, 14 May 2013
I'd been looking for a new briefcase for a while and had seen this on Amazon. The pictures looked professional, classy and it was about the right size for all the stuff I have to carry around.
I ordered it and this Amazon box arrived the next day and immaculately wrapped for maximum protection was this beautiful leather briefcase, which oozed class. No only did it look better in the flesh but, it smelt wonderful and is more capacious than the pictures give on. It now goes with me everyday to work and I've had many nice comments about my new briefcase.