4.0 out of 5 stars Not Cheesy
I wasn't sure whether to buy this one or not having read the two reviews However I'm so glad that I did I loved it Admittedly I love her medical thrillers,but what a pleasant change this one was You really get to know the characters Predictable? Yes Cheesy? No
Published on 4 Jun 2008 by J. Burton

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 out of 5 for suspense, 1 out of 5 for cheesey romance!
I have enjoyed several of Gerritsen's other books, including The Surgeon and The Apprentice, but found this book a little disappointing. The Keeper of the Bride is a fairly good suspense thriller (with a bad title). It is well paced with one or two good twists, although with a slightly less than satisfying conclusion. My main problem with this book, however, is the...
Published on 15 Jan 2004 by Danielle Hall

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Given up, 31 Dec 2010
I wish I had read reviews on this before buying the book. I normally love Tess but this was just too cheesey for me. I don't like slushy romance and choose not to buy that sort of book and I feel sort of cheated. It didn't draw me in and keep me interested, there were two stories flailing along and it just didn't gel for me. I rarely quit a book but this one has gone on the charity pile unfinished.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read - couldn't put it down, 10 Dec 2010
I had read Vanish and expected a similar story. However, the author clearly admits on the book cover that this was an early book that was influenced by romance novels she had been given. All that said - I loved the book and ended up reading it as I travelled up and down to London. Wasn't what I expected but would totally recommend the book.

1.0 out of 5 stars What has happend to the gritty well written stories. ..., 30 Nov 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Kindle Edition)
What has happend to the gritty well written stories. Either this book was written by a different Tess Gerritsen or she has gone all chick lit on us!! Dumped it half way through. Not interested in swooning, I wanted a crime novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Two for one,, 20 Sep 2014
Great storylines in both stories, gripping and intense and quite unique
Stories, kept my interest right to the end, and cannot wait to download
Her next book,

1.0 out of 5 stars Early Tess Gerritsen, don't be mislead!, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
At the front of the book there is a note in which Tess Gerritsen explains that Keeper of the Bride is one of several 'romantic thrillers' which were written years ago and are now being re-released by MIRA. I am a great fan of Gerritsen's very recent work and so thought that I would give her early stuff a go. I have to say I was very disappointed, there may be a glimmer of early promise somewhere in there, but this title certainly doesn't merit publication and really doesn't do Gerritsen any favours at all if she is looking for new readers! As earlier reviewers have said it is very simplistic and far fetched and the hype on the cover refers to titles such as The Rizzoli and Isles series, etc., and is potentially very misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeper of the bride, 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Kindle Edition)
Once you start can't put it down keeps you guessing until the end. I would highly recommend this book love Teas Gerritsen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeper of the Bride, 7 Dec 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Kindle Edition)
Another good story by Tess Gerritsen. Although you can probably foretell the end it is an easy read and enjoyable.

1.0 out of 5 stars way too loved up, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Kindle Edition)
Hardly a suspense way too predictable and way too much sickly romance would be better places in a romance section

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read! But then I love all Tess Gerritsen's ..., 8 Sep 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Paperback)
Good read! But then I love all Tess Gerritsen's books. Somme more than others but all are a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeper of the bride, 3 Nov 2014
This review is from: Keeper of the Bride (Kindle Edition)
This novel kept you on the edge and I found it hard to put down. Gripping right until the end.

‹ Previous | 111 12 13 14 | Next ›