4.0 out of 5 stars A stylish and well built DAB radio that is simple and easy to use
This is a great looking radio that oozes quality with the modern wood and metal finish. It has a reassuring weight to it (especially when loaded with 4 D-cell batteries!) and is a good size for sitting on the kitchen worktop or on a shelf in the lounge. A lovely item to look at.

The built in battery charger is a real plus as it allows the radio to be easily...
Published on 10 April 2011 by BB

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the Price
I originally bought this radio more as a matching accessory for our new kitchen since my husband wanted one there and wasn't too worried about the quality! It has bettered our expectations in most ways.
It has the advantage of receiving both DAB and FM reception, as well as audio input which lets me play music from my mp3 player through it. I would have preferred to...
Published on 9 Oct 2011 by Joan Edington

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Roberts Expression DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger (Electronics)
Previous Roberts radio stopped working so bought this one. Very disappointed to say that the Dab function didn't work at all. Not sure if it was a fault with this radio or a general one, but returned it and got refund from amazon. Returning the faulty goods was seamless. Thanks Amazon. But not Roberts!

2.0 out of 5 stars Style Over Substance, 21 Oct 2013
I was super excited by the positive reviews thus far but the radio was a bit of a let down. It looks good, maybe a little bigger than I expected. However, you are paying for the style not the quality of sound. In short, the sound is not clear, even on DAB. It is very bass heavy and not in a good way. Words are not as clear as I would have wanted for that price. Tone, or sound cannot be adjusted. A shame as it looks great and is easy to use and certainly loud enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Expression radio, 2 Jan 2012
Great radio - just what I needed for my kitchen. I didn't know that it didn't come with rechargeable batteries so that was an extra £16.00.

3.0 out of 5 stars FM works DAB doesn't, 13 Jan 2014
This is a nice simple radio given that I only use it to listen to R4. Tuning is slightly confusing but once set why would you need to change it? Whilst FM works ok in mono, stereo is fuzzy but that's almost normal for FM, I live in a small town, not in the wilds of the country hence I've expect FM reception to be pretty good ie FM stereo should work (have to admit I'm using the built in aerial). On the other hand DAB is RUBBISH! I have no idea why the authorities are pushing this technology as it has huge problems for reception, reception of R4 say by DVB is far better. The idea of switching off the FM signal and having only DAB is ridiculous, this would obsolete most car radios overnight with no sensible upgrade path - DAFT! However, the radio does it's job - FM only, but that's probably not the manufacturers problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't last, 4 April 2014
Sue Chant (Sheffield, S.Yorks. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought it in December 2012. 3 months after the year's guarantee ran out it broke and they wanted to charge half the price of the radio to fix. I dumped it in the recycling.

5.0 out of 5 stars DAB's get better, 8 Feb 2012
D. Lewis (UK) - See all my reviews
Works much better than the previous model Looks better as well!
Controls are much more intuitive
Display is also easier to use

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 7 Feb 2012
I had made comparisons with other similar products for this purchase, my first DAB radio. I am delighted with its performance, easy to operate, great sound and very stylish design.I use it on mains power but, with the built in battery charger, the radio will be portable to other locations without having to lug about a separate piece of equipment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for the sound quality!, 18 Sep 2012
I have to be honest and say I was disappointed with this radio. It looks great (far better than anything else on the market in this price range) and the functions are simple and discrete, but there is definitely an issue with the sound quality. I read all of the other reviews and while some flagged-up issues with the lack of treble others said the full range was excellent. It isn't, and be warned! If you like speech, or a good dose of treble on your music then think very carefully before buying this radio. The sound is 'thick' with very little treble - and no means of adjusting tone (why?). I've kept it because it looks fantastic in my kitchen and it isn't my primary source of music in the house, but if it was I would be sending it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 2 Feb 2013
The top information panel and the lack of press button pre-sets make it awkward to use. Sound is fine. A shame it is awkward to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound quality, 9 May 2012
This radio looks ok but it simply does not deliver on sound quality. The sound lacks depth and clarity. I sent it back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 312 | Next ›