5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive
After my son's Dell Lap top Computer's Battery started to give out "goodbye cruel world" notes on his laptop I checked on DELL for a replacement.
£120 plus postage caused me to consider scrapping and getting a new one BUT checked on Amazon and Bingo!
Replacements are to be had and for a reasonable amount.
We first got another make and found that the DELL...
Published on 31 Dec 2011 by Glenn Cook

1.0 out of 5 stars Assult and battery
Hi I purchased this replacement battery for my laptop in late November and it no longer holds a charge, just over 3 months. Is this typical or have I been unlucky
Published on 6 Mar 2012 by Gerry

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 31 Dec 2011
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Anker® New Laptop Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1545 1526 fits GW240 RN873 X284G M911G K450N GP952 451-10534 - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/49WH] (Personal Computers)
Replacements are to be had and for a reasonable amount.
We first got another make and found that the DELL would not recognise the battery so sent it back to Amazon and got a refund.
So this is our second choice.
What can I say it was so simple to install and took 60 secs flat.
(You unlock the button on the base. Slide out the old and slide in the new and click...) Simples.

This one powered up the computer straight away and fitted flush with the laptop.
The earlier replacement from a diff company had a large 'hump' think of a Dromedian Camel and you have the picture. This one not only looked identical to the one taken out but worked.

I had the scare of 'Dad it's showing as not charging' after a half hour when plugged into the recharging unit (again an inexpensive replacement bought via Amazon)
But all that was required was a rejiggled of the wires.
So far so good.
My advice therefore is
1.This is a good replacement.
2. It's a fraction of the Dell replacement charges (about a quarter of the price)
3. It fits 'flush' which seems better that the other type I bought from another company
4. Simple to fix.
5. If anything does go wrong you have the backing of Amazon behind you.
6. Judging by the company's response to a 1 star review they do seem to be a good and HONEST company to deal with.
(the one star reviewer had complained his did not fit.
The company replied saying they may have sent the wrong type OR as I suspect the buyer may have not checked he was ordering the correct battery first)
7. A whole lot of other people have bought and recommended this so you can't argue with that?
8.My son's model is a DELL 1545 and it fits like a glove.
9. What have you got to loose and a fit computer to gain?
Recommended.

POSTSCRIPT Late Feb 2012 and it's working well and what's more seems to hold its charge a heck of a lot longer than the original battery that came with the Dell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery............................, 25 Jun 2011
lonegunwoman (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This battery is great value and works well on my laptop. Having purchased more than one for my computer I thought I would try this one, my lap top is a dell 1750 and in constant use at home and away. Wanting a back up, this one runs well, after putting to use I felt able to give it a review. I have had no problems it runs well fits as it should at a good purchase price.

Looking at the details of the battery and the original dell one, this is a good buy. The battery was packaged very well and came within a couple of days, will use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ankler Replacement Battery, 6 July 2011
I have found this to be excellent value and seems to give equal performance to the original Dell battery when new.

5.0 out of 5 stars "....as good as advertised....", 20 Jun 2014
Aremess "AremessUK" (Littlehampton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I read every one of the other reviews before buying and found one in particular that made this the choice for me (thanks to Glenn Cook - excellent review).

I wanted a replacement battery that was a reasonable price (not just cheap and cheerful), did the job and, unlike quite a number of so-called replacements, actually fitted the computer properly.

This seemed the obvious choice. It arrived within two days of the order and was fitted by my wife and daughter in 5 mins (I am normally asked to do all the pc maintenance etc) so no problems there!!

It seated exactly and came (approximately 80%) charged so was available for use immediately. The recommendation from the supplier is that, for the first 3 charges, the user ensures that the whole of the charge is used before recharging and that will ensure a good life for the battery.

Although this is quite a new battery so cannot talk about it's longevity, from first impressions, this is a good piece of kit and exactly as advertised and I feel I have spent my money wisely in buying this particular replacement.

1.0 out of 5 stars Assult and battery, 6 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Dell Battery buy this one!!!, 17 Nov 2013
To all those looking for a Dell replacement battery, I would recommend this one. One thing that sets this aside from the Dell battery is cost. I have only had the battery for a couple of weeks but it seems to be working and holding charge better than my previous battery. This replacement battery slotted into my Dell Inspiron 1545 just as the Dell battery used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Replacement, 5 Mar 2014
Had to replace my laptop battery, originally ordered a cheaper one from Amazon (around £17), but promptly sent it back as it was useless, so was a bit dubious about buying another non-Dell replacement, was ready to pay the higher price and get a Dell but found this read the reviews and thought I'd take a chance - glad I did, it is a great battery at a great price, lasts longer than my Dell one ever did, lasting well over 3 hours before needing to plug it in. Not normally one to review, but if I didn't read other people's reviews I wouldn't have bought this, so now I figure it's good to share!! - in conclusion, if you have a Dell Inspiron and you need a new battery buy this one, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent battery, works perfectly in Inspiron 1545, 5 July 2014
jwilf (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my girlfriend's Dell Inspiron 1545. Fitted perfectly in the slot and worked straight away. Showed about 50% charge so I ran it down as directed in the instructions then charged overnight with the laptop shut down. The next day it showed over 5 and half hours battery remaining!

Very happy with this battery, it was nicely packaged, its cheaper than the original Dell part and has twice the capacity - what's not to like? Highly recommended - get this over one of the cheaper no-name batteries which have bad reviews. From reading other reviews it's clear Anker stand behind their product.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 22 Jun 2014
I was very pleased with this battery. It is good quality. I get 4 hours plus when charged. Easy instructions. Just slots in. Good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, 15 Jun 2014
This battery works perfectly for the Inspiron 1525. Fits well, holds charge really well & is great value for money compared to the Dell replacements.