4.0 out of 5 stars Solid low budget rip off
I'm totally bemused by the 1 star reviews here (excluding the person who thinks this is the Sony movie). If you've seen any other SyFy/Asylum productions you should know this is going to be everything that all the negative reviews here claim, but that doesn't make it unentertaining to watch. Knowing exactly what to expect when I started watching, this gets 4 stars in its...
Published on 28 April 2011 by I Am Tyler Durden

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse film ever ?
Battle of Los Angeles [NOT Battle: Los Angeles] [DVD] [2010]

Published on 18 Mar 2011 by sci fi fan

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse film ever ?, 18 Mar 2011
Battle of Los Angeles [NOT Battle: Los Angeles] [DVD] [2010]

This has to be one of the worst films that I have ever seen. I actually fast forwarded half of it because it was so bad. To call this a B movie is to insult B movies. Don't waste your money. If you buy this you may as well throw your money down the drain. If I could think of a reason to get my money back - I would !!!!!
I expected a reasonable film as I adore Sci Fi, what I watched was absolute junk, terrible acting, phoney sets, lousy alien, aweful CGI , in fact, I think that you could say that I didn't think much of it

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly Terrible, 20 Mar 2011
The Neon Weasel (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
If you want a film that has no story,the so called action seems to just lurch from one unrelated incident to another,and makes no sence at all.Is stocked to the gills with ropey cgi,bad acting and the worse sets this side of an Ed Wood movie,then this is the film for you.The hi tech American air base looks like a disused Butlins holiday camp,a school play can provide you with a better standard of acting,the action is flat and listless at its very best,mainly its just unconvincing and dull,and as for the aforementioned sets.The secret American underground base and the alien spaceship interiors seem to have both been constructed from the same thing,milk crates sprayed black.

I love a good b movie,but this isnt even a bad one,it is truly one of the worlds all time worst films,I can only say one good thing about it....It ends

Dont waste your money,buy a pair of rusty pliers and extract your own teeth instead,believe me it would be more fun than watching this pile of garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ahhh!!! No, please! Don't make me watch this movie...., 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
What is it with budget Sci Fi today? One expects dodgy cgi and props.. goes without saying... At least one would/could expect half-decent scripting and plot development.. no? Maybe one non-wooden actor... No? Not too many stereotypes? No? Nope? You've got got it - none of the above. Please don't waste your money on this travesty of movie making. Nothing in this film is worthy of praise, except maybe the bloopers.. and even those were weak! I agree totally with other reviewers who have berated this awful piece of plagiaristic and contemptable fraud. Watch the real film. I must have been very drunk when buying this... Sci Fi should not just be about action but also it should be asking the real questions about life, expanding the mind and the possibilities of the human condition! Even a good old well trodden yarn is great in the sci fi/fantasy genre. A good story and cohesive plot and action development is essential and believable characters and dialog is very helpful.. hmm. Be warned!

1.0 out of 5 stars Put me down as another sucker thinking this was THE Battle Los Angeles, 24 Feb 2012
P. Lindley "peter_lindley" (North London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
.......and not the terrible 2 bob trainwreck this was. Hahaha! Oh well, my stupidity only cost me a few !

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutey dreadful., 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
Bought by mistake. What a load of rubbish, everything about it was poor, acting, filming. Whoever made it should have been ashamed. Definite turkey this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible! Risible! Pathetic! And really bad acting as well., 14 Feb 2012
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
So you've probably guessed by my title that I didn't like this film. :D

It's NOT 'Battle: Los Angeles' - that's a major Holywood Special effects extravaganza and although I haven't yet seen it, it would really have to go some to be anywhere near as bad as this film - 'Battle OF Los Angeles'. The difference between the two in name is but one word - but it would be so unbelievably easy to buy this film thinking it's the Holywood Blockbuster!

It's just so bad. Part of the problem for me is there's no 'hook'. Look at Independence Day: you had that huge shadow gradually covering the moon, so you knew something wasn't right - then the size of that ship!!!! Then the director gradually built the tension up to the final arrival of the first City Destroyer ship - perfect pacing. After that, it just got better and better, leading up to an inventive and refreshing way to defeat the aliens. This film just leaps straight into the 'action'. A large part of that is probably down to the fact that none of the cast can act, so would therefore be unable to hold a scene where they actually had some meaningful dialogue.

One minute, we're in a sort of OK Alien Invasion film - not one that makes you think: 'DVD!!!!' but it's reasonably entertaining, then the next we have some woman leap off a bridge and take down an alien drone with a Samurai sword. WTF???? And from there, it just gets worse. Some of these Sci Fi Channel 'mockbusters' are quite good - like 'Absolute Zero', the Day after Tomorrow mockbuster. But this is truly the worst Alien invasion film I've ever seen and it's on my list of worst films of all time.

Avoid, yes?

1.0 out of 5 stars I've seen some poor films but ......, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
... but this takes the full packet of Hob-Nobs. I'd love to meet the chap who financed this film - I have some magic beans for sale.

1.0 out of 5 stars In response to the other reviews, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
To be fair, it is shocking. Its like one of those fan movies off YouTube only worse. If someone submitted this for a Film/Media college course, it would be acceptable for some small technical points but, as a commercial film, it is pretty contemptible. An hour or so of my life that I won't get back.

Can I sue?

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!!!!, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
Apperently this film cost 70 million....how? Avoid at all costs. One of the worst films I have experienced, don't know how I made it to the end. It's right up there with Airline Disaster.

2.0 out of 5 stars idiots abroad, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] (DVD)
Okay, so I'm an idiot. Yes, I too thought I was watching Battle: Los Angeles and wondered how the makers thought they could get away with it. And then I read the reviews - much more fun than the film itself and hard to disagree with any of them. There are a few classic moments though, like when the entire cast simultaneously shout "Go,go,go,go,go" at one another (actually, now that I think of it, an awful lot of the dialogue seemed to consist of individuals shouting "Go,go,go,go,go" at other members of the cast or sometimes at no one in particular). Best of all, however, was when the blue-suited ninja lady suddenly sprouted a large shiny black eye-patch for no apparent reason other than that Kurt Russell had declined to come on board. For this alone, it gets the extra star (and Kurt gets five)!

Battle of Los Angeles [DVD]
Battle of Los Angeles [DVD] by Mark Atkins (DVD - 2011)
2.72