Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 2 November 2010
Great album, a must have for all Bon Jovi fans. Only down side is that there is no songs from the Bounce album, nor Jon's solo album efforts. A third CD would of been great. However, a must buy and im sure it will be a big hit! PLUS, the four new tracks are superb!
on 21 April 2016
This Bon Jovi's Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection is a 2 CD set, with disc 1 having 16 songs (70 minutes) and disc 2 having 12 songs (60 minutes). There are 4 new songs. If you are a Bon Jovi fan, you probably have all the songs already in various album releases (except for the 4 new songs). And if you enjoyed their Live At Madison Square Garden concert blu ray disc, all in the songs in that concert were found in this 2 CD-set, except Raise Your Hands, Chapel Of Love and Hallelujah.

Good points. The sound was very well remastered. The vocal was very clean. The guitar riffs by Richie Sambora were very magical. The drum beat by Tico Torres was tight and quite exceptional. The entire set was very enjoyable. (Sound 5/5)

Bad points. It is a shame not to fill each disc with as many hits as possible (i.e., close to 80 minutes). There are 35 charted hit singles on Billboard Hot 100 from 1984 to now. There are only 19 charted songs included in this set. Fortunately, all the Top 10 hits are included here.

If you are a Bon Jovi fan, this 2-CD set is no brainer. Please buy the 2 CD set, which has much better value than the single disc set. If you are a casual fan, this 2-CD set will be a good collection for this fantastic band. I normally prefer to listen to studio versions, but in Bon Jovi's case, they are also a great "live" band. I would also recommend their recent blu ray release of "Live At Madison Square Garden" filmed in July 2008. It is really more exciting to see the boys in action, together with fantastic sound and beat. The 2-CD set is highly recommended.
on 4 January 2011
I have been a Bon Jovi fan my entire life and so getting their greatest hits for me was a no-brainer. The most perfect thing about this 2-disc compilation is the fact that it contains all their fantastic anthems-without the listener having to skip tracks to get to the next one they can sing along to (at full volume whilst driving in their car!!). Every Bon Jovi classic hit is here from Livin' on a Prayer to the more recent We Weren't Born To Follow-so why buy it, I hear you ask, if I already have EVERY Bon Jovi album ever? Simples-in addition to the fabulous collation of all their greats, this album also contains some brand new tracks which are more than worth a listen.
The only track missing from this album, for me, is Superman Tonight but, despite that, this collection is truly awesome and one that I highly recommend to music lovers everywhere. There is a 1 disc version available but I don't understand why anyone would buy that seeing as, for a couple of quid more, you can have twice as many songs!!
So, my advice in a nutshell is simple-BUY THIS ALBUM!!
on 2 November 2010
Although I don't think this release represents every studio album as well as it could have (and in the case of Bounce, not at all), i do think that most of the songs on here warrant their inclusion, as the majority of people considering buying this album will recognise about 80% of the previously released songs. (Something any greatest hits album worth it's salt should do really!)

I guess this album can be looked at from two perspectives.

Firstly, from the point of view of a new fan, or a casual fan.
If you've never purchased a Bon Jovi album before, then this is undoubtably a great place to start. There genuinly isn't a bad song on this collection, and chances are, you will already know most of the songs anyway, so this is a great way of finding them all in one nicely presented, well priced collection. Unlike most 'GREATEST HITS' collections, this isn't made up of obscure singles that have been placed on an album to pad out 3 or 4 big hits that a band may have had. These are all genuine hits, recognised all over the world by millions and millions of people. With any luck, this album could also be the catalyst you need for really appreciating this criminally underated (by critics and the media), amazing band, and will perhaps prompt you to seek out some of their other releases from their back catalogue, containing some absolute gems. (I strongly recommend These Days, and Keep The Faith, my two all time favourite albums.)
If you own nothing at all by this band, then you cannot go wrong with this collection.

From this point of view, I give the album 5 out of 5, hands down.

The second perspective is from the point of view of a longer standing fan, who may have most of, if not all of their other albums. These fans, like myself, may find this release very similar to 'Crossroad', and would have probably been more excited about a continuation of this album, made entirely of songs from the studio albums released after this collection, with the obvious exception of the new songs, which always add something fresh to a compilation. For me personally, one disc of hits from the post Crossroad era, and a second disc of genuine rarities, would have been bliss. (I've always wanted complete mastered versions of the songs that were recorded for New Jersey, when it was planned as a double album. i.e, Judgement Day, Does Anybody really Fall In love Anymore etc. I know better versions exist than the one's on the 'New Jersey and Keep The Faith' demo cd's that you can find, as a highly polished version of Let's Make It Baby was included on the 2 disc version of 'These Days'.)
Anyway, for creativity and boldness, it only deserves 3 stars in my opinion.

so all in all, I think 4 stars is more than fair as an overall rating.

(*Note. The studio albums released after Crossroad are These days, Destination Anywhere (Jon - Solo), Undiscovered Soul (Richie - Solo), Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway and The Circle).

I must stress that I love EVERY single song on this collection, but Speaking from my own, personal perspective, there were songs that didn't make it which should have (Dry County and Lie To Me, to name two), and songs which made it that shouldn't have (When We Were Beautiful being the most obvious to me).

I have to say that I can genuinly see why they have decided to release a career spanning compilation (as opposed to one representing the years 1995 - 2010), as it is absolutely guaranteed to sell many, many more copies, which is the obvious goal when releasing an album. However, apart from the 4 new songs (which I'm very thankful for), I can't see that I'll play this album very much, as i played Crossroad to death when I was a teenager, and this seems like a slighty expanded version of that album to me. Where as, if it were a collection of hits from 'This Ain't A Love Song' up to 'What Do You got?', as well as the 4 new songs, then i'd gladly listen to them as a compilation over, and over again. But this is nit-picking I guess.

The bottom line is, it's impossible for me to pick fault with these tracks, so i won't, and it's also impossible for me to say what the 'ULTIMATE' collection of Bon Jovi hits should be. Every fan will have his/her opinion on which songs should have made it, and which ones shouldn't have, and I'm no different. This isn't 'My' ultimate collection, but don't let that put you off. This is still one hell of a collection.

Looking at this collection in a broad sence, it stands head and shoulders above most 'Greatest Hits' albums that are release these days as it actually contains recognisable hits (and not just ones culled from 2 or 3 albums, as most complilations tend to be nowadays). This collection spans 26 years of releases from one of the biggest bands on the planet.

If nothing else, it shows what a truly amazing band Bon Jovi are, and possibly more importantly, what amazing song writers they are, something they do not receive anywhere near enough recognition for. If there's any justice in this world, this collection will go a long way towards rectifying that.

I just want to add, I was always going to buy this album, no matter what.

Bon Jovi Rule.
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Recently the BBC showed again their In-concert with Bon Jovi and I suddenly remembered just how fine an artist Jon is and how professional his band is.

On here are all the favourites, without having to buy numerous albums to get the "Best of..." and as such, this represents very good value.

Recommended to bring back all those tracks you loved, but haven't played recently...
on 10 December 2010
Great album, you forget just how many great songs bon jovi have written and just how good songs like wanted dead or alive or bad medicine are! Bon Jovi have always been a fan driven band, never really earning acclaim from the so called music critics, but over 25 years at the top and over 125,000,000 albums sold speaks volumes for this classic band, this album delivers a taste of why they have lasted so long and why they are still at the top of there game. Having written so many truly great rock anthems there is not even enough room for all there hits on a double cd! Perfect to have in your car on a long drive or as introduction for someone to Bon Jovi this album is a must have for any fans of good old fashioned good time rock n roll. Four new songs to for those that already have all the albums, good songs [maybe not up to the standard of livin' on a prayer or its my life] but still better than most stuff in the charts today. All in all you cant go wrong with this one....!!
on 23 July 2012
I've bought the 2-disk version of this Greatest Hits. I previously knew Bon Jovi for few hits heard on the radio or on TV, but I wouldn't say I am a fan. I've bought this collection just to have the few songs I knew on a single support, instead that scattered over many albums, and I've discovered that many other songs I didn't even know where by Bon Jovi, are also in this collection.
I like this album very much and I am extremely happy of the purchase. However, I don't think it is a suitable purchase for long-time fans, since, of course, the collection just contains the most famous songs and it is supposed that a long-time fan already have all the official albums (and more).
But if you are just a random listener, buy this album in the 2-disks version. It is exactly what you were looking for.
on 12 May 2014
Love this album and it was great value, too. Actually only initially wanted to purchase one track from the album but couldn't resist purchasing the album - especially after comparing prices with other sources! 'It's my life' and I'm gonna enjoy it :)
on 3 November 2010
As the advert says. A few tracks are perhaps missing that should have been included: One Wild Night, Superman Tonight, Living In Sin, Roulette - other than that, it's the perfect CD!
on 12 December 2010
This is a good deal with a fine choice of songs that do look back onto a long career of jon bon jovi. Its always very difficult to call something "best of", but as mentioned in the title, it very much depends on the favourite songs of the individual that listens to the cd.
If you have discovered jbj just recently, then this double cd is a must as it will present a lot of facettes that bon jovi delivered in the past. Many hits are on here and the cd quality is excellent. I liked bon jovi for a long time but never actualy owned an album, so i decided to go for this one. Definitely a good choice, and i would recommend it !