5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!
Great album, a must have for all Bon Jovi fans. Only down side is that there is no songs from the Bounce album, nor Jon's solo album efforts. A third CD would of been great. However, a must buy and im sure it will be a big hit! PLUS, the four new tracks are superb!
Published on 2 Nov 2010 by Mike W

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this version; get the Deluxe version!
Published on 1 Jan 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album!, 2 Nov 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars GREAT INTRODUCTION FOR NEW FANS!, 2 Nov 2010
A. Lloyd (Chester, UK.) - See all my reviews
Although I don't think this release represents every studio album as well as it could have (and in the case of Bounce, not at all), i do think that most of the songs on here warrant their inclusion, as the majority of people considering buying this album will recognise about 80% of the previously released songs. (Something any greatest hits album worth it's salt should do really!)

I guess this album can be looked at from two perspectives.

Firstly, from the point of view of a new fan, or a casual fan.
If you've never purchased a Bon Jovi album before, then this is undoubtably a great place to start. There genuinly isn't a bad song on this collection, and chances are, you will already know most of the songs anyway, so this is a great way of finding them all in one nicely presented, well priced collection. Unlike most 'GREATEST HITS' collections, this isn't made up of obscure singles that have been placed on an album to pad out 3 or 4 big hits that a band may have had. These are all genuine hits, recognised all over the world by millions and millions of people. With any luck, this album could also be the catalyst you need for really appreciating this criminally underated (by critics and the media), amazing band, and will perhaps prompt you to seek out some of their other releases from their back catalogue, containing some absolute gems. (I strongly recommend These Days, and Keep The Faith, my two all time favourite albums.)
If you own nothing at all by this band, then you cannot go wrong with this collection.

From this point of view, I give the album 5 out of 5, hands down.

The second perspective is from the point of view of a longer standing fan, who may have most of, if not all of their other albums. These fans, like myself, may find this release very similar to 'Crossroad', and would have probably been more excited about a continuation of this album, made entirely of songs from the studio albums released after this collection, with the obvious exception of the new songs, which always add something fresh to a compilation. For me personally, one disc of hits from the post Crossroad era, and a second disc of genuine rarities, would have been bliss. (I've always wanted complete mastered versions of the songs that were recorded for New Jersey, when it was planned as a double album. i.e, Judgement Day, Does Anybody really Fall In love Anymore etc. I know better versions exist than the one's on the 'New Jersey and Keep The Faith' demo cd's that you can find, as a highly polished version of Let's Make It Baby was included on the 2 disc version of 'These Days'.)
Anyway, for creativity and boldness, it only deserves 3 stars in my opinion.

so all in all, I think 4 stars is more than fair as an overall rating.

(*Note. The studio albums released after Crossroad are These days, Destination Anywhere (Jon - Solo), Undiscovered Soul (Richie - Solo), Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway and The Circle).

I must stress that I love EVERY single song on this collection, but Speaking from my own, personal perspective, there were songs that didn't make it which should have (Dry County and Lie To Me, to name two), and songs which made it that shouldn't have (When We Were Beautiful being the most obvious to me).

I have to say that I can genuinly see why they have decided to release a career spanning compilation (as opposed to one representing the years 1995 - 2010), as it is absolutely guaranteed to sell many, many more copies, which is the obvious goal when releasing an album. However, apart from the 4 new songs (which I'm very thankful for), I can't see that I'll play this album very much, as i played Crossroad to death when I was a teenager, and this seems like a slighty expanded version of that album to me. Where as, if it were a collection of hits from 'This Ain't A Love Song' up to 'What Do You got?', as well as the 4 new songs, then i'd gladly listen to them as a compilation over, and over again. But this is nit-picking I guess.

The bottom line is, it's impossible for me to pick fault with these tracks, so i won't, and it's also impossible for me to say what the 'ULTIMATE' collection of Bon Jovi hits should be. Every fan will have his/her opinion on which songs should have made it, and which ones shouldn't have, and I'm no different. This isn't 'My' ultimate collection, but don't let that put you off. This is still one hell of a collection.

Looking at this collection in a broad sence, it stands head and shoulders above most 'Greatest Hits' albums that are release these days as it actually contains recognisable hits (and not just ones culled from 2 or 3 albums, as most complilations tend to be nowadays). This collection spans 26 years of releases from one of the biggest bands on the planet.

If nothing else, it shows what a truly amazing band Bon Jovi are, and possibly more importantly, what amazing song writers they are, something they do not receive anywhere near enough recognition for. If there's any justice in this world, this collection will go a long way towards rectifying that.

I just want to add, I was always going to buy this album, no matter what.

Bon Jovi Rule.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this version; get the Deluxe version!, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: Bon Jovi Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Foolish me, I assumed that an album called 'Greatest Hits' would have all the band's 'greatest hits' on it. Not So. Now, I'm not an avid follower of Bon Jovi (I bought this for my wife), but even I realised upon receipt that essential tracks - 'Keep the Faith', for example - were missing. But this is a greatest hits compilation, isn't it?! I must blame myself for not taking care to check the track listing; I'll be more careful in future.

Anyway, if you want all the 'greatest hits' you'll need to buy the deluxe edition, which I'd originally assumed might only contain extra content like a DVD, live CD, track oddities, photo-book or some such stuff. This edition really ought to be called 'Some Greatest Hits . . . but not all of them . . . sorry'.

Happy rockin'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Living on a Prayer, 5 April 2014
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Bon Jovi Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Recently the BBC showed again their In-concert with Bon Jovi and I suddenly remembered just how fine an artist Jon is and how professional his band is.

On here are all the favourites, without having to buy numerous albums to get the "Best of..." and as such, this represents very good value.

Recommended to bring back all those tracks you loved, but haven't played recently...

5.0 out of 5 stars The only greatest hits you'll ever need!, 3 Nov 2010
As the advert says. A few tracks are perhaps missing that should have been included: One Wild Night, Superman Tonight, Living In Sin, Roulette - other than that, it's the perfect CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent music, great value!, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Bon Jovi Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
Love this album and it was great value, too. Actually only initially wanted to purchase one track from the album but couldn't resist purchasing the album - especially after comparing prices with other sources! 'It's my life' and I'm gonna enjoy it :)

3.0 out of 5 stars Songs Missing, 20 Nov 2010
Ive been a big bon jovi fan since 1986 and love the band to death. But im sorry this is just missing to many great singles(Everyday Something for the pain) to name just two of a long list very dissapointed. Having said that there are still some great songs on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars life long Bon Jovi fan and I love it, 2 Nov 2010
Ok so its not that long since crossrods was released but any Bon Jovi fan will enjoy this, not everyone will agree with the song choices but theres a good selection.

I have all there albums so this was a must but I'm stil lovin it! They have added four new songs, which to say they've been on tour for most of the year is not a bad effort and any Bon Jovi fans out there im sure would be happy to wait a bit longer for a cd of new material if it gves them a chance to see them live (I know i am).

This is also a cd for the new generation of fans who may never have hear of slippery when wet or even earlier albums as 7800 degrees fahrenheit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A long overdue updated greatest hits collection, 29 Nov 2010
Amazon Customer (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It is over fifteen years ago since Bon Jovi released their first hits collections with 'Cross Road'. Since then, the band has had countless more hit singles, and this two disc set is a welcome, long overdue release.

Fans can now have a chunk of their most famous and successful recordings all in one place, which was always going to make for a five star release. The bonus of having four brand new tracks makes this also of interest to long term fans. 'What You Got?' is a typical Bon Jovi ballad, and the best of the new, 'No Apologies' is also excellent and inspiring, 'This Is Love, This Is Life' and 'The More Things Change' are (the latter in particular) weaker than the other two tracks, but are still worth a listen.

I know that Bon Jovi do not like their first two albums, but they are excellent, and many fans agree. It's a shame that they have only included one track from each, but they are perhaps best to listen in their entirety anyway. The albums 'Slippery When Wet', 'New Jersey' and 'Keep The Faith' are rightly well represented, as is their material from the year 2000 onward (although it would have been nice to have 'Everyday', 'Undivided' and 'Welcome To Wherever You Are' included, but you could never have everything I know). 'Blaze Of Glory' is also here, a good song, but as it was part of Jon Bon Jovi's solo work, if omitted, could have made room for one of the aforementioned tracks.

However, this two disc set is a great compilation despite it's faults, and serves as a fairly comprehensive, reasonably priced introductions to casual and new fans, as well as reminding us life long fans of the history of the band, and how brilliant their music is, and always has been.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bon Jovi Greatest Hits, 8 Dec 2010
D. Farrar (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bon Jovi Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
This CD is great full of the bands greatest and well known songs. Easy to download and put into iTunes.

Bon Jovi Greatest Hits