5.0 out of 5 stars Must be drunk v. cold
I thought this was sacrilege when I first heard it, but I was intrigued! I have to say, this whiskey has a lovely flavour, but it is much sweeter than a normal one, so it has to be drunk v. cold as per the instructions or its a bit too sweet. I keep my bottle permanently in the freezer.
Published on 12 Jan 2011 by S. Duncan

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Gimmick
Published on 21 Feb 2012 by Dave_Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars Must be drunk v. cold, 12 Jan 2011
S. Duncan (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - you've got t try it, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
The Snow Grouse is a great whisky for anyone who likes something a little different and easy to drink.
Throw it in the freezer along with a few shot glasses and surprise your dinner party guests by serving a frozen (kind of gloopey)whisky with a hot soup - really interesting.
Also really nice with desserts too - lets face it is there ever a bad time to enjoy a whisky.
Read the other reveiw and find it a bit harsh - yes if you like full bodied whiskies with powerfull flavour and aroma then maybe it is not for you.
If on the other hand you want something to have with your Vanilla Ice cream on the side then hey give it a go.
Slainte
Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scotch!, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
Great idea to freeze scotch, but in fact I now freeze any brand of scotch for the same effect, but this has to be my favourite brand of all.

5.0 out of 5 stars snow grousse, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
I was delighted with this item. It arrived on time and was very well wrapped.this was for a gift and I was very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
Bought for hubby who's a whisky fan as he's never tried it. Amazing when you put in the freezer - it kinda solidifies a bit which does change the flavour. Hubby was delighted and wants more!

5.0 out of 5 stars You need an open minded approach...., 14 May 2013
Ugly1 "Len T" (Harrow, London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
I do not consider myself a whisky expert. I much prefer single malts to blends. I will drink blends, but I am picky. I am not a huge fan of warm whisky, so I keep my whisky chilled in the fridge at home. I realise that this may be a bit odd. I don't like ice cubes and I don't want the taste diluted with water.

It was only a small leap of faith then for me to like Snow Grouse and I like it a lot! It is intended to be sampled straight out of the freezer. How shocking can it be that it does not taste its best if you don't drink it that way? I am sure that if you warm it up in a pan on the stove it will also be unpleasant! Keep and open mind and drink it the way it was intended to be sampled. It is different and really good, maybe not life changing, but good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
Packaged really well, and arrived fast especially being Christmas.

Haven't found a litre bottle anywhere else.

Lovely whiskey would highly recommend !!

5.0 out of 5 stars My absolute favourite whisky, named after me!, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
This tastes incredibly sweet, wonderful, especially when chilled. It's sweetish, vanillalike in its taste, and so warm in the belly. I don't like that many spirits, actually, (loathe Glen Scanlan, for instance, for tasting disgusting), but this is so sweet that it's fairly easy-drinking. I agree that it's at its best straight from the freezer. I am very intolerant to carbohydrates and sugar, which is why I now only drink spirits. Therefore, I love the natural vanilla sweetness of the Snow Grouse, with no additional sugar in the mix.

And, hey, as the Snow Grouse happens to be my "me" animal (or spiritual animal, shall we say), and my usual internet nickname being "snowgrouse"--one even my real life friends call me by--I burst into laughter at realising they'd made a whisky named after me!

So, yes--this is My Whisky--how could I not adore it after discovering I loved its taste, too? I love it to tiny, tiny bits. Thank you, Famous Grouse, for making such a wonderful product. I am raising my toast to you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Marketing Gimmick, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
This definitely aimed at the 'knock-it-back-in-one' vodka shot drinkers. This is not a sip and savour drink. A cheaper alternative: Buy a cheap bottle of no brand vodka, add a drop or two of artificial whisky flavouring and a little caramel colouring to colour and slighty sweeten, seriously chill and Hey Presto! you have Snow Goose. Try a shot in a bar for the experience but do not waste your money on a full bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very speedy service, 15 May 2011
This review is from: The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre
Never liked whiskey but this one is nice,
I bought a bottle for my husband a couple of months ago when I
was in Scotland and wanted another one the delivery was very quick.

The Snow Grouse Blended Grain Whisky 1 Litre