This has a design that's practical and elegantly simple. The wood finish looks quite nice for a functional piece of kit.

The collapsible design means compact storage compared to driers with fixed perpendicular rods with an immutable footprint.

Published on 23 Feb 2012 by FestiveLady

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job
Nice that it folds up so neatly. Only problem is if it gets even slightly wet the wood expands and the whole thing sticks together, feet and pegs.
Published 9 months ago by Frankums

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical design, easy to manoevre your pasta, compact storage, 23 Feb 2012
FestiveLady "FestiveLady" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)

Take care when handling not to hold it when it's closed just by the top, as the two sections will of course part company!

The pasta rods (21cm) are longer than the feet (17.8cm) but it's definitely stable (with and without pasta).

The pasta rods take, but only with care, enough tagliatelle or spaghetti for four (based on 200g flour, dough rolled out using a machine plus cutting attachment that seems to produce miles of spaghetti - your mileage may vary!) with most needing to be draped over several rods. There's a 3.5cm gap between each rod, which is a comfortable space for manoevring pasta (I looked at free "driers" e.g. upper rack of a spare dish drainer but its "rods" were too close together and had closed-in ends).

The pasta rods are slightly grooved, probably to increase the air around the pasta compared to a solid rod, though I wonder how much difference it makes.

It's quick and easy to get the pasta off the rods into a saucepan. Before buying I looked at a drier style whose rods are perpendicular. I think the perpendicular style would take up fractionally more time at this critical moment as it'd need to be rotated to access all the pasta.

Having bought a dough-rolling machine after years of hankering, I thought I'd treat myself to a pasta drier designed specifically for the job, and it's so nice to have a pasta drier that's been thoughtfully designed and properly made, with the bonus of compact storage. (I say "properly made" as I looked at one of the perpendicular style driers before I bought, and there were one or two comments on build quality.) Recommended.

This review is for Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand Amazon ref. ASIN B0047T6V4O.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
If you make your own pasta this is a must have. It does what it says on the tin and I wouldn't be without it. It stores very neatly and takes up very little space. Ideal for a small family up to 4 people. Highly recommend this product and it arrived well before the due date. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
Well designed and well made - the stand is solidly built and stable, even when closed; the tines are made using lengths of dowelling, so they are ridged. It also looks neater and more substantial than in the picture!

This has the hallmark of someone who understands pasta making, and kitchens. It's a proper job, with thought put into it. I am pleased to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars space saver, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
folds down for easy storage, i keep it down the side of my bread bin. very stable with enough space for a family meal supply of pasta.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drying stand, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
I have previously had the KitchenAid pasta drying rack but it was difficult to store and I worried about it breaking.
This pasta drying stand is much better as all the pasta hangs at the same height and it is easy to store. I am very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product -- very simple!, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
Great product -- very simple!

My first impressions were that it was a very simple and elegant design, and that it is nice and small when compacted.

I did initially think that it was going to be too small to hold the amount of pasta I usually make. However, its appearance and dimensions are deceptive -- you can hang a lot of pasta on this little thing!

I've just used it for the first time, and it was a great experience (this is my first pasta drier, having been making pasta on a semi regular basis for a few years). I can't believe I managed for this long without it.

After I'd hung my pasta, I realised I hadn't floured the top of the rods. Thankfully, the pasta didn't stick at all - I think the grooved design of the rods probably has something to do with this. It's little details like that, and the fact that it is sturdy and folds up really well, that make this a 5/5 product for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than photo, 27 Dec 2013
S. Hillen (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
This product is better than the photo suggests (not as flimsy). The fact that it folds away is a big bonus in my tiny kitchen. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
Good product: it breaks down easily and is quite compact. It hangs pasta and dries it. What else is there to say? Cheap too!

4.0 out of 5 stars An arm to dry on!, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Collapsible Pasta Drying Stand (Kitchen & Home)
I like this --- it has all the right build quality and you don't have to put it together - but I can't help thinking that a simple design modification could double its capacity and balance it better - and make it a better product--- Just a bit of 'armless advice' (urgh!)...how about it 'We love Pasta' - this is not rocket science....send me the first one to review!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014