4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but slightly impractical
The great thing about the Sevylor Puddle Jumper is that it seems to provide just the right amount of support for a child to feel confident in the water without needing to hold onto an adult. It's also very easy to put on and take off, taking just a few seconds. Our child is always happy to put it on so we assume that means she likes it and that it is comfortable...
Published on 24 May 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought this would be better than it was
Very bulky and mot as helpful as I'd hoped for my daughter with cp. I think it might have been better for a child with more mobility.
Published 13 months ago by L-J

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but slightly impractical, 24 May 2012
This review is from: Sevylor Puddle Jumper Floatation Device (Sports)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The great thing about the Sevylor Puddle Jumper is that it seems to provide just the right amount of support for a child to feel confident in the water without needing to hold onto an adult. It's also very easy to put on and take off, taking just a few seconds. Our child is always happy to put it on so we assume that means she likes it and that it is comfortable!

However, unlike inflatable devices it is quite big and bulky to carry in a swimming bag. And as the foam and fabric are absorbent it tends to remain damp for around 24 hours after the swim.

It does the job nicely but it's not going to be perfect for every family, or indeed every opportunity to take your children swimming. But if you are reasonably sure that this is the right type of floatation device for your needs then you're safe to go ahead and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brilliant!!!, 28 Oct. 2013
This device is a must have for budding young swimmers!! My daughter outgrew her float seat shortly after her first birthday and was desperate to be free to swim. She's too little for arm bands, rubber rings, floatation vests etc and after much searching I found nothing suitable for her age/size until we borrowed a friend's Puddle Jumper. She's still a little small for it but it's a good enough fit to give the support she needs. We pop it on and boff she goes, legs kicking and very happy with herself.
Well worth every penny!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but tips my little girl backswards, 20 Aug. 2013
C. Parry "Nutz110" (Stafford) - See all my reviews
Good product and gives my little one the confidence to just jump in, lost a star as when she is in the water it rolls her on to her back so I have to hold her forward.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thought this would be better than it was, 17 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 20 Dec. 2013
My 15 month old daughter loves her puddle jumper it does everything it says. Its amazing I would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing ever!, 12 Aug. 2013
I had a blow up version of this years ago when I lived in Greece, found it to be the best floatations device just like this one my baby is only 11months & around 10 1/2 Kilos.He loves it as it gives him independence to swim alone,he hated the seat kind as he couldn't put his hands in the water & he was tipping it over trying to do so. I've got it on the very end for security & it fit perfect as he is broad shoulder "future rugby player"
I will be recommending this product to others also I've been asked in Geneva & Canada while on holiday as to where I bought it from.
We couldn't get the colour we asked for & ended up with the yellow with a girly picture but he doesn't understand that as this was the cheapest one I found on the market & was a very reasonable price to be sent to France. So I say "yes" to this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!, 3 Sept. 2012
BRILLIANT! Absolutely perfect for my 22month old son who wants to be more independent in the pool.
Great for me, no more aching arms!
Found this to be much better than armbands, this product came highly recommended by a foster carer friend of mine who has 5 of these, for when they take the children on holiday and general swimming. So glad I took her word.
Delighted that it came with a warrenty and paperwork. You know it's going to last. For what was paid for it, fantastic value for money. What else can I say?
No regrets. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for confidence, 27 July 2013
I got this for my 2 and a half year old boy. We had previously used one of the floating jackets which I thought put him off balance and needed a lot of supervision.
We put this on him and initially he needed some supervision but in a very short time he was off on his own and very very safe.
At the start when he went over on his back he was like a crab and couldn't right himself but now there is no problem.
He's now putting his head into the water, jumping into the kiddies pool. It's a fantastic product and ideal for this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 July 2012
I've now bought four! My two year old had one last year and everyone was so impressed at how indepentend he was in the water with it on, at one year old he could jump into the pool and swim from one end to the other. This year my 10 month old is using it and he is also swimming alone, obviously i supervise them both in the pool. At first You have to train them a little to keep their heads up but once You have that mastered it's fantastic! I have since bought three for friends, highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for my nearly 3 year old, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sevylor Puddle Jumper Floatation Device (Sports)
My little one has got to the age where they no longer want our help swimming but cannot swim. this keeps them above water (including head)

Very impressed on how well it works and would recommend this for all parents with strong-willed toddlers who want to swim without mum & dad's help (but obviously cant swim)

after a few days of using this my little one understands how to control their motion in the water!

Sevylor Puddle Jumper Floatation Device - Pink