Colour: Green|Change

on 17 July 2011
Wasn't really sure when the mat arrived but have tried it several times and each time I had a good night's sleep, also tried when travelling and I didn't end up stiff at the end of the journey like I usually do.
on 13 April 2011
This product is great I for getting rid of back pain. I had suffered with a back pain for years, now I use the Yantra acupressure mat twice a day and the back pains have gone. However it didn't do anything for my stress.

This is a good cheap way to re leave pain and should at least be tried.
on 20 January 2011
This mat looks strange with its spiky circles, but you don't feel them when you are lying down on it. Use it every day and it does help you relax, physically and mentally. Good value for the price.
on 30 November 2011
I LOVE the Yantra mat. I have suffered with insomnia since childhood and a bad back all of my adult life due hypermobile joints. I do lots of regular exercise like daily cycling and pilates for my sore neck, spine and back muscles but still suffer a lot of aches and pains, largely due to my condition but also (like most people) the sedentary nature of my nine hour per day desk job.

Over the years I have tried physiotherapy, ultrasound therapy, steroid injections, acupuncture, sports massage, a shiatsu chair at home...you name it, I've tried it to manage my symptoms.

I must say the the Yantra mat as been one of the most instantly effective things in relaxing my tense back and easing me into the most deeply restful sleep I have ever experienced. I have only had the thing two days and already my aches and pains are noticeably reduced.

It is a little uncomfortable to lay on the mat for the first minute or so, then a wonderful warming sensation takes over and you can't help but relax. I've used it for just ten minutes before bed and then fallen into a deep sleep for eight straight hours both nights...this NEVER happens to me. I have woken up feeling limber, refreshed and energised.

I cannot believe that a product costing less that one acupuncture session can have such an immediate and measurable affect, but I'm not complaining! I'm addicted to this thing already and am telling all my friends and workmates about it. If you are suffering from a sore neck or back, stress, insomnia or migranes, I urge you to give this product a try...you could save yourself a hell of a lot of time, pain, hassle and money by easing your symptoms in your own home in a mere ten minutes each night.
on 15 November 2011
I find it relaxing to spend about 30 minutes lying on this each evening in front of the telly. I'm not sure if it is the mat itself or just the fact I am forcing myself to get horizontal and breath deeply that does it!? The spikes seem sharp to touch but you need to wear a thin top (e.g. t-shirt) to really feel it when you are lying on it. I like it - it makes my skin tingly.
on 8 November 2015
Got suckered into this on a lightning deal! Not the sort of thing I would usually go for but it was a good price so I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm actually quite surprised. When you first lie on it, it hurts! There's no getting around that, it's got plastic spikes all over it!!! But after a few minutes you seem to settle into a warm glowing feeling. I went for 20 minutes at first, but now use it for around 30-40. The very fact that I am taking that time out to relax combined with the acupressure itself does seem to make me very calm and content. I also use a soundscape app on headphones to really immerse myself. It won't change your life but it will help you spend some quality time on yourself and we all need that!
on 30 December 2010
My wife has suffered from aches and pains for a long time which has affected her sleeping.She has used the mat for 15 mins a day for the last 3 weeks and the results have been remarkable...pains almost non existent now and she is sleeping soundly.
This was one of those things I bought wondering whether it was just a gimmick, or, if it would actually work. I need not have worried as both my girlfriend and I now have one each of these Yantra Mats and are delighted with them. Since using the mat regularly my sleep and circulation seemed to have improved considerably which is particularly important to me as a diabetic.

Although it feels harsh at first you soon get used to the Yantra Mat, and, I agree with the other reviewer on this page who says it doesn't really work if you wear a T-shirt - I suppose it's that "no pain, no gain" thing again!

A really good investment in health and relaxation, but, one word of warning, make sure it is a genuine Yantra Mat - there are lots of counterfeit versions out there as I found when I went to buy the second mat.

Recommended.
on 13 February 2012
I've used this once and it says to put a thin cotton t-shirt or pillow case on the mat before use. I tried this and when i laid on it it didn't work. So i decided just to take my t-shirt off and try it that way. At first it feels strange but after a while it feels nice and warm. I guess it helps increase blood circulation and i would recommend this to anyone with back problems.
on 17 May 2015
I bought this after reading an article by a model who uses it, I have fybromalgia (chronic pain in neck and around lower back and buttocks and fatigue) I have used this 5 times and yes it has helped alleviate my pain and has helped with circulation as I have poor circulation. The recommended treatment for fybromalgia is acupuncture which I have just started but this mat is similar and the same price for one acupuncture session. I will use this everyday and will have monthly acupuncture sessions rather than two weekly. For me it's a life saver as I have had chronic pain since I was in my 20s and I am now 41, thank you to the inventors, this mat is another thing that is helping me get through each day, thank you