5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
My favorite album of hers!
It's amazing, and the deluxe is even better with great hits!!
Hope she gets back soon!
Published 7 months ago by Georgia Soares

2.0 out of 5 stars Well...
Published 1 month ago by Natasha

2.0 out of 5 stars Well..., 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
I have to admit, this really is for a teenaged girl. It is so heavily processed you wouldn't think it's music. The lyrics are tacky and so cheesy, only a couple of the songs are actually slightly decent. I was a fan of her until I bought this and even owned her autograph, but this type of music you just have to laugh at. Don't bother, because I just keep this album in the car for a short journey when I feel like putting it on. Really isn't worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Messy Little Album?, 13 Nov 2010
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
Cheryl Cole has reached solo star status after being on the x factor and releasing her first album in 2009, 3 words. Now she has ventured on to her second album Messy Little Raindrops. I admit I was a little surprise to hear she was going to release a second album so quickly after her first one, as I believe an artist should take their time to promote their current album and grow artistically. But Cheryl Cole been through divorce, fought a life threatening illness and is rumoured to be already dating, so this should be enough material for a new album right???
Let's start off...

1) Promise This
I can see why this would be the lead the single off the album as most of the songs don't have enough substance to be the first single. When I heard it for the first time, I thought it was okay but the song grows on you which it did for me. It sounds like a powerful fast dance track, almost like a catchy battle song. And it also samples a French children's song which makes it an easy fun listen. 8/10

2) Yeah Yeah (Ft Travie McCoy)
I'm not too sure about this song, I think it's a new direction from Cheryl and the travie mccoy feature is a bit random. But overall it sounds like a summer dance song, but the lyrics and the overall of the song just don't connect for some reason. But a mature sound, maybe a grower. 6/10

3) Live Tonight
This song starts with a guitar intro, and falls into a pop beat, guitar driven song. The song speeds up in the chorus and slows down in the verses. The song is about taking a chance in love. I do think it is a cute little song, but the song doesn't do anything for me. 5/10

4) The Flood
This will be the second release from the album. It's an up-tempo ballad song. I enjoyed listening to the chorus much more then the verses. It's nothing special But I'm sure another hit for cheryl cole.
6/10

5) Amnesia
When I first heard this, I did think it did sound a bit backdated. However I heard it again and I really enjoy listening to this song, it's has an oriental tone with an r'n'b sound to it. 8/10

6) Everyone (Ft. Dizzee Rascal)
I think cheryl's voice sounds out place here because the track is too heavy to carry her almost paper thin voice. I did find the song kinda lame even if dizzee is featuring the song. Most likely to skip this song. 5/10

7)Raindrops
When I first heard the first 30 seconds of the song I did snigger little. "You were the tree and I was the apple, And fell to the ground and turn brown". I don't know what happened there but not a great way to start a song. Just a simple song. 5/10

8) Hummingbird
I enjoy listening to this. I found it to be catchy fun whimsical pop song, and her voice sounds good in this song. 7.5/10

9) Better To Lie (Ft. August Rigo)
The beat of the song does sound similar to keri hilson's knock you down but the song is typical r'n'b flavoured song. Nothing special. 6/10

10) Let's Get Down
A lot of people like this song but me I think it's a hit and miss. First of all I found parts of the song really cringing...referring to yourself and your girls as 4 vulgar middle aged women when one of them is going through menopause is uncomfortable and awkward for me to listen. The beat is the only saving grace from this song. Cheryl sounds like a try hard and will.i.am verse sounds off. FAIL 4/10

11) Happy Tears
One my favourite songs from the album. Yes the lyrics can sound cheesy but I found this song uplifting. And to be honest Cheryl sounds the most frank and emotional in this song. 8.5/10

12) Waiting
A quick way to end the album, its disco dance song which sample "thousand miles". Its a go happy song might get you dancing or bopping your head to it, or you might just skip it in embarrassment. 6/10

Overall I found the production lazy, and found Cheryl whiny, and awkward. I'm guessing she is still trying to find her sound and place in music. Cheryl Cole diehard fans will love this, while others will find this a hit or miss. Just to clarify I like cheryl since girls aloud, but this album does not cut it. The lyrics can be god awful embarrassing but her vocals have slightly improved or maybe that's because of the studio enhancements...i don't know. More of a drought than a raindrop, flood or happy tear.

The album if full of easy listening songs nothing to deep there are some songs I do like but nothing memorable, but i feel Cheryl fails to connect with some of the songs her voice sounds mono tone no emotion...nothing compared to 3 words. But doesn't matter? No because this will still top the charts and sell. However hearing Cheryl will use this album to break America...good luck

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the first album!, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
I bought this album with high hopes as i loved the debut but was a little disappointed. I'd say half the tracks are catchy and you find yourself singing along but its amazing how many are written about her divorce and relationships troubles. Would have been nice to have a few more brighter, cheerful tunes. Saying that my daughter loves it so mixed review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak, Limp, Lifeless, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
After her dismal performance of ca-ca single 'Promise This' on the X-Factor, and her (can it be possible?) worse performance of the same song at the beginning of Children in Need, I decided to borrow this atrocious offering from a friend for a laugh. And laugh I did. 'The Nation's Sweetheart' has really pulled out all the stops to produce this, the equivalent of musical bleach. How this dismal muck has managed to scrape a three-and-a-half-star Amazon rating, I do not know. Each track is an exercise in tedium. Cheryl's vocals limp along like an arthritic tortoise, and are only enlivened by liberal use of the autotune; at times she actually sounds robotic (think C3PO with a head cold) and I think it's fair to say she can't sing a note. And as for the brain-dead lyrics - urgh! - they really are toe-curlingly awful. Exhibit A, from The Flood: 'I knew the waves were icy, When I felt them all retreating, Went to take a dive in the deep end, Whoa! What was I thinking?' What indeed, Cheryl. Exhibit B, from the vomit-inducing Raindrops: 'You were the tree and I was the apple, And fell to the ground and turned brown.' I actually had to replay this one to make sure I hadn't gone mad. I hadn't. I'm not sure how much input Ms Cole had in the writing of this trash, but I hold her responsible for every wretched word of drivel leaking from this poisonous, pus-filled carbuncle. I can imagine Wil.I.Am (and if that's not how you spell it, I really don't care) lashing her to a chair, blindfolding her, putting a crayon between her pedicured toes and saying, 'Just write any old rubbish, pet, they'll still buy it.' The production is dreary and predictable, and offers nothing new; Amnesia sounds as though it's dragged its shoulder-padded carcass out of 1989, Yeah Yeah (Ft Travie McCoy) had me reaching for the gin and paracetamols, and Better to Lie (Ft August Rigo -who?) reduced me to Messy Little Teardrops of boredom.

I telephoned my friend and told her I've thrown this garbage on the compost heap where it belongs. 'Good,' she replied. 'I was going to burn it anyway.'

Utter tripe.

1.0 out of 5 stars For 12 year old girls only, 6 Nov 2010
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
Had the mispleasure of being made to listen to this full album all day yesterday, and its bloody terrible. Cheap and tacky lyrics, over-produced simple beats and music, and a general lack of any quality.

Sadly, this has become he norm in todays charts, which are dominated by bands and artists who only appeal to teenage girls, such as Cheryl Cole.

If you are an adult enjoying this type of music, you should be slightly concerned. It is bubblegum pop, and very poor bubblegum pop at that.

I pray for the days that real music returns to the mainstream, instead of tacky teenage pop nonsense like this.

Cheryl Cole is talentless, as proven whenever she attempts to sing live.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing second album, 15 Dec 2010
S. Clark (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
Thought the first album was a fine pop album. This is a cheap and nasty follow-up comprising 90% fillers. Listened a few times in the hope it would grow - it didn't....dreadful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Messy..er yes, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
The problem with both Cheryl's albums to date is that they were recorded very quickly with little time for any quality control or care. This album was recorded mainly in a couple of weeks after her malaria scare andits blatently been done that way to get it out for the xmas market so she can have 2 albums out within the space of a year. Why she and her record label didnt take their time with it is just stupid. I actually think with more time and care she could make a good album but if she persists with churning something out so quickly she'll make her fans clamour for the return of Girls aloud. This album certainly lives up to the first word of it's title.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as 3 Little Words!, 28 Dec 2010
Mrs. A. L. White "Madwhite" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
After buying 3 Little Words and having high hopes for Cheryl Cole as our new pop princess I have to say I was very disappointed with this Album.I even preordered this album in the believe that it would be alot better.Sadly after one listen I was very disappointed! I would say maybe 3 tracks could make it as a top 20 hit others are luke warm. I do hope it may just be me in my taste of music and I am shown to be wrong. But on this album I am going to give it a 'could do better.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
My favorite album of hers!
It's amazing, and the deluxe is even better with great hits!!
Hope she gets back soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheryl, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Messy Little Raindrops (Audio CD)
Another one bought for my daughter. Again she loves it, it's good music and that is good enough for me

Messy Little Raindrops