5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas's ultimate box set
This review is dictated by Tom who is 8, and typed by his Daddy.

Before I start this review, I also call this Thomas's Ultimate Box Set, because it contains all 11 series. There might be an even bigger box set one day with all 13 series, plus maybe the six films (counting the upcoming Day of the Diesels).

I don't want to be a stupid idiot and waste...
Published on 23 Aug 2011 by Tom and Daddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Title
I've got the 'Series 1-11 Boxset', so i bought series 12 and 13 as 'updates' to it.
I will be buying all consequtive series as they are released, even though the majority of episodes from series 8 onwards, have been rubbish.
Hopefully, the new writing staff will do better with Series 17 an 'King Of The Railway'.
Published 13 months ago by Fishpop

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas's ultimate box set, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: Thomas & Friends - Classic Collection - Series 1-11 [DVD] (DVD)
This review is dictated by Tom who is 8, and typed by his Daddy.

I don't want to be a stupid idiot and waste my time on this review, so here is the review:

It's five star and excellent, and shows more episodes than I can count. Every series is especially good in every way, especially the classic Britt Allcroft episodes. There is also a very high quality picture on the box set - I love it.

Series 1 is good because it seems calm and peaceful. Series 2 is good because it seems exciting and adventurous. Series 3 is my favourite series when we reach the golden age of thomas the Tank Engine. This one is fabulous because it is like a mixture of series 1 (calm and peaceful) and series 2 (exciting and adventurous). Series 4 is good because it tells many stories about the old-fashioned but still accurate narrow-guage engines and the episodes after that about standard guage engines. It is a very bright time of the Sodor times and there are no bad serious accidents with people or engines getting hurt, like in the previous series, series 2 in particular.

Serious 5 is the darkest series of Thomas, even darker than series 2. The storylines I have to admit are not as good as on some other series which were really awesome plotlines, but even more exciting and adventurous than series 2. I enjoyed this series very much as well. Series 6 was the last series to include Britt Allcroft and David Mitton. This is one of the ones which is really cool. I have to say these are excellent plotlines - Thomas and Friends get into scrapes and learn their lesson.

I don't want to waste any more time on this review. All I need to say now is that after series 7 things went downhill fast, but were still wonderful.

Now, I recommend this huge box set to Thomas fans old and young - it is unbelievable, it is wonderful. I think it is the best Thomas box set I have got.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thomas is great!, 3 Mar 2014
I have purchased a number of Thomas and friends DVDs for my sister who has learning disabilities. They always arrive promptly and she has many a happy hour watching them. This item came in an appropriately sized padded envelope. I always feel i can rely on Amazon website to receive quality products.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift for the nephew, 18 Feb 2014
He is a big Thomas fan and absolutely loves this DVD. I believe this to be one of his all time favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Feb 2014
Bought this for my son's Christmas present and was very impressed with the condition and my son enjoys watching them. He loves the box and makes sure to point to it when he wants to watch the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Dec 2013
Great lots of hours of fun to watch with little kids and with hours of enjoyment, for a lot of ages

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 18 Dec 2013
my children loved this dvd it worked didnt crash or stop half way through great thank you will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 13 Dec 2013
This was a present for a child in my class.. ( who is thomas mad).. It arrived in EXCELLENT timing ... within 3 days of ordering which was fantastic ... It was in great condition ... Over all really happy with this product and it gets 5 stars from me and I would recommend it to ANYONE ... (who enjoys thomas the tank engine of corse)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 13 Dec 2013
The Kids love it! Great value for money. Will be looking for new series disk soon. There are plenty of choices of episode.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids who love Thomas, 26 Nov 2013
C. BAKER - See all my reviews
Great for kids who love Thomas, unfortunately his popularity is waining and finding less children want to watch him. Otherwise a good DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift, 18 Nov 2013
I have bought this as a Christmas stocking gift for one of my Thomas mad grandsons. I'm sure he will love it as he plays Thomas DVD feature films often.

ARRAY(0xab43bf30)